Overwatch 2 Zenyatta Guide: Abilities, Tips, How To Unlock
Zenyatta isn't the best support healer in Overwatch 2, but he's very flexible at helping the squad reach victory. Solo healing wouldn't be recommended for this wise robot, but as a collaborative unit, he is an excellent choice. Here are our best tips and an explanation of all of Zenyatta's abilities in Overwatch 2.
- Want to get mythic skins in Overwatch 2? Read this.
Overwatch 2 Zenyatta Abilities
Zenyatta has two main functions while you play him in Overwatch 2, similar to another support character Moira. He can heal with one orb and make an enemy weaker with another. Here's an explanation as to what each of his abilities is:
Orb of Destruction
- Type: Primary Fire
- Effect: The Orbs of Destruction can be used in two ways. First, these powerful projectiles can be sent one at a time and can deal a decent amount of damage, especially if Zenyatta gets a headshot. The second way to use the Orb of Destruction is to hold it. This move will charge up and will release after around five seconds. More projectiles will fly as a result and can deal significant damage to an opponent or their shield if it's Reinhardt.
- Type: Ultimate
- Effect: Once used, you'll become invincible for a few seconds. During this move, you'll move faster and heal allies nearby by a great amount. It's perfect for pushing objectives.
Orb of Discord
- Type: Ability
- Effect: If you hit an opponent with this, it will increase the damage that is inflicted towards them.
Orb of Harmony
- Type: Ability
- Effect: This move heals an ally over a period of time.
- Type: Passive
- Effect: Melee damage is improved by 50% and knockback is significantly increased.
As you can tell, Zenyatta is a support hero that can help the team defensively and aggressively.
Overwatch 2 Zenyatta Early Tips
While Zenyatta is one of the slower healers in Overwatch 2, he also presents great abilities for an offensive strike. Use the Orb of Discord to weaken opponents that are high priority. For example, when Reinhardt's shield fades, target him and then that will encourage others in your team to take down the opposing squad's main defence. Get rid of the tank first and then focus on the others. If there is a damage dealer that is troublesome for your team, also send the Orb of Discord their way to help bring their reckoning.
You'll want to constantly monitor the health bars of your squad members. It's good to place the Orb of Harmony on those that have low HP like Tracer and Sombra. Now that Bastion has lost its ability to auto-heal, you should also help that particular robot if it needs healing.
Despite his healing potential, Zenyatta can also be an offensive force on any team. His ultimate when activated heals others and makes the monk invulnerable. When you see a dragon coming your way from Hanzo's ultimate, Zenyatta's Transcendence can help defend your allies. This is the same case with Zarya's ultimate as well, which forces players to stay in place.
In times of great peril against a damage dealer hero like Reaper or Cassidy, your last ditch attempt to survive can be from your holding down the Orb of Destruction. Multiple projectiles to their head all at once can be incredibly satisfying to pull off and will cause a great amount of damage. Don't get carried away, however, as Zenyatta has a puny 200 hit points. Stay behind your friends to avoid getting chained by a Roadhog or charged by a Reinhardt.
- Cross-progression between systems is so helpful in Overwatch 2.
How To Unlock Zenyatta
If you're playing Overwatch 2 for free, you'll be able to unlock Zenyatta after completing around 25 online matches. However, you can get the hero much faster than that with the Watchpoint Pack, which comes with all of the characters, 2,000 Overwatch Coins, and the Season 1 Battle Pass. Zenyatta is not the best support character on the roster, but he is an asset in the right circumstances. It's worth having him on your team.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, keep your eyes on GGRecon.