Overwatch 2 Pharah Guide: Abilities, Tips, How To Unlock
Whenever you see a Pharah from an enemy team in Overwatch 2, you should be afraid. Her rockets can rain down damage from above, and she can easily target your support heroes if you're not careful. Here's a rundown of her abilities, best tips, and how to unlock Pharah in Overwatch 2.
- Want to know the best support heroes for your squad in Overwatch 2? We have a list.
Overwatch 2 Pharah Guide: Abilities
Pharah is a high flier with her hover jets and can be an excellent damage dealer if used properly. Here's every ability she has at her disposal.
- Type: Primary
- Effect: Pharah releases a rocket from her gun, which explodes on impact. It is commonly used in medium to long-range situations. If you use the rocket launcher at close range, the explosion may cause damage to Pharah. It is also inaccurate in short-range environments and can be unwieldy.
- Type: Ultimate
- Effect: Many mini-rockets are released in a wide area. They're most effective in the air with a 45-degree angle. It is best used in middle-range situations. They can drain an opponent's health quickly.
- Type: Ability
- Effect: Pharah boosts up in the air. Due to gravity, Pharah does begin to drift down to the ground.
- Type: Ability
- Effect: It can cause a built-up squad to separate as it has a great knockback on the players once hit. You can also utilize it as a way to push off opponents towards the side of the map into the abyss.
- Type: Passive
- Effect: Pharah uses the hover jets to slow down the gravitational pull to the ground. Hold the jump button to keep yourself as up in the air as possible.
- Type: Passive
- Effect: Once Pharah gets an elimination, she'll gain more movement and an increased reload speed.
Pharah is very agile, but be careful as she can be taken out in no time flat with just 200 HP.
Overwatch 2 Pharah Guide: Early Tips
One of Pharah's greatest advantages in Overwatch 2 is how she can boost up into the air, so use it! She is much harder to attack from a high elevation, and due to her freedom of flight, she can focus on support heroes like Zenyatta, who is behind the tanks' shields. Focus on the healing characters first, and then work on the rest of the weaker heroes like Tracer and Sombra.
The heroes you should be wary of, however, are Soldier 76, Sojourn, and Roadhog. Soldier 76 and Sojourn players have high accuracy with their Call of Duty-like assault rifles. Roadhog, if you're floating too low, can also chain you and pull you into enemy territory.
Pharah's ultimate is very powerful as you can take out multiple enemies in one swoop of her mini rockets. Be careful when to use it, however. Make sure your opponents are distracted and perhaps attack from the side or behind. It will be harder for characters like Ana to put you to sleep or counter your ultimate. You'll also want to make sure that your opponents are grouped up in one location; this will allow for maximum damage with your barrage.
A good hero to team up with Pharah is Mercy. She can glide alongside Pharah and either heal or buff this rocket launcher user. The buff is devastating with Mercy as her rockets on full impact can be deadly. With Pharah being so far up in the sky as well, Mercy should be able to cover you with healing as it's hard to hit the rocket user.
- Prefer to stay on the ground and freeze your foes? Play as Mei.
Overwatch 2 Pharah Guide: How To Unlock
Thankfully, Pharah is automatically unlocked when you first begin Overwatch 2. All of the heroes who aren't available on day one can be obtained by finishing up to 150 games. You can instantly unlock them as well by buying the £34.99/$39.99 Watchpoint Pack. It comes with all 35 original characters, 2,000 Overwatch Coins, and the Season 1 Battle Pass.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, keep reading GGRecon.