Overwatch 2: How to change your name
If you are looking to change your name in Overwatch 2, we have the steps you need to take.
Here is everything you need to do to change your name in Overwatch 2.
How To Change Your Name In Overwatch 2
To change your name in Overwatch 2, you'll need to change your BattleTag on the Blizzard.net website here. Now, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Battle.net account
- Click on your username (right corner)
- Select 'Account Settings'
- Click 'Account Details' (left-side menu)
- Scroll down to the BattleTag option and click 'Update'
- Enter your new username into the bar
- Click ' Change Your BattleTag' to finalise the change
Alternatively, you can change your username through the Battle.net launcher. To do so simply click on your username and then select 'View Account', then follow the above steps from the 'Account Details' step onwards.
It is worth noting that it is only free to change your Overwatch 2 username once. Every time you change it after the initial change will cost you $10 to do so.
Your new username will apply to any Blizzard game on your account, not just Overwatch 2 and it can take up to 24 hours for the change to come into effect. So, choose it wisely, and perhaps avoid any time-sensitive or festive names unless you're willing to pay an additional $10 to change it back after the season is over.