Overwatch 2 Kiriko Guide: Abilities, Tips, How To Unlock, And More
Our Overwatch 2 Kiriko guide covers everything you need to know about this new addition to the Overwatch character roster, including her abilities and some tips about how to use her. In case you didn't know, Kiriko is the 35th Hero in Overwatch to join the current roster of playable characters. Her abilities make her a Support type hero in Overwatch 2, whom you can use in matches to heal your allies and give them invulnerability and debuff from status effects for a short time. If you want to read more about her, check out Overwatch 2 Kiriko explainer.
- With the release of Overwatch 2, players wonder if the first game will shut down. You can check this guide, Is Overwatch 1 Shutting Down?, for the answer.
Overwatch 2 Kiriko Guide: Abilities
Here is the complete abilities kit for Kiriko in Overwatch 2.
- Protection Suzu
- Type - Ability
- Effect - Upon impact, allies in the area become briefly invulnerable and are cleansed of most negative effects.
- Type - Basic Attack (Secondary Fire)
- Effect - A thrown projectile that deals increased critical damage.
- Healing Ofuda
- Type - Alt Attack (Primary Fire)
- Effect - Channels a burst of healing talismans that seek out targeted allies.
- Swift Step
- Type - Ability
- Effect - Teleport directly to an ally, even through walls
- Wall Climb
- Type - Passive
- Effect - Jumping at a wall allows Kiriko to climb it.
- Kitsune Rush
- Type - Ultimate Ability
- Effect - Summons a fox spirit that charts a path forward, bestowing allies to follow its trail with increased movement and attack speed and reduced cooldowns
Overwatch 2 Kiriko Guide: Early Tips
Kiriko is a Support type character that you must master to provide healing to your team while landing a few critical hits allowing you or your team to finish the opponent and get the kill. Apart from healing, you can use Kiriko's ultimate ability, Kitsune Rush, when your team is ready to engage with the other team. Why? Because Kiriko's ultimate releases a fox spirit that creates a path that, if followed, allies get increased movement speed and attack speed while reducing their abilities cooldown.
Of course, based on the situation and the map, you must align your attack, or else it will be useless. Kiriko's abilities that we liked the most are Swift Step and Healing Ofuda. With Healing Ofuda, you can shoot around 10 Talismans, depending on how long you press the attack button. The Talisman's travel speed is slow, but it has a homing effect and provides a decent heal. When combined with Swift Step, which allows you to teleport to your allies through walls, you can reduce the distance and provide instant healing.
It would help if you, as Kiriko, also focused on staying alive. Use Wall Climb and Swift Step to stay out of sight or shift the opponent's focus towards the other team members because you cannot heal yourself, apart from using the OG method of staying out of combat.
You must stay alive to debuff and provide an increased defence to the team members using your ability Protection Suzu, which we recommend using when the other team is throwing a barrage of attacks on your team members or using their ultimates.
How To Unlock Kiriko In Overwatch 2
You can unlock Kiriko in Overwatch 2 by buying the Premium Battle Pass, which costs around 10 USD. Kiriko is the first premium reward you get when purchasing the Battle Pass. Further progressing, the Battle Pass will reward you with mythic skins, weapon charms, and other items.
But, if you are a free-to-play player, you must reach Tier 55 of the free Battle Pass to unlock Kiriko for free in Overwatch 2. That aside, you can instantly unlock her using the Founder's Pack you get if you own Overwatch.
- If you want to know how the Overwatch 2 Battle Pass works and the different rewards it offers, you can check our guide Overwatch 2 Battle Pass: How it works and rewards for more details.
Who Is Kiriko In Overwatch 2?
Kiriko is a Kunoichi who grew up in Kanezaka and was trained alongside Genji and Hanzo by her mother, a full-fledged Ninja. She got her trickster title as she is as mischievous as Genji, and guess what? They both used to hang out in the Hanamura Arcade.
When the Shimada clan fell, another clan took over, taking Kiriko's father hostage. This was when Kiriko joined the Yokai group, where she trained to fight against the oppressing clan.
This ends our Overwatch 2 Kiriko guide. For more on Overwatch 2, keep reading GGRecon.