Overwatch 2 Orisa Guide: Abilities, Tips, How To Unlock
Orisa has received quite the overhaul in Overwatch 2 and in result has become much more dangerous in the game. Here's an explanation of each of her abilities and how to play as one of the best tanks in Overwatch 2.
- While not as effective as Orisa, you can also play as the cute-as-heck Wrecking Ball instead.
Overwatch 2 Orisa Guide: Abilities
The robot has many tools at its disposal to repel gunfire and assert its domineering figure on the battlefield toward foes. Here's an explanation of each of her abilities in Overwatch 2.
Augmented Fusion Driver
- Type: Primary Fire
- Effect: This is a heat-based weapon that can last for a long time with a blitz of shots towards her foes. It's not very effective at long range, but it's effective when enemies are close to Orisa.
- Type: Ultimate
- Effect: Similar to Zarya's ultimate, Orisa pulls in her opponents, but to add to that, Orisa charges up an attack. You can activate it early with the press of the left mouse click or you can keep charging until she releases a thunderous slam to the ground. Everyone's HP will be low after this strike if they haven't been taken out already.
- Type: Ability
- Effect: This new move has Orisa throwing a javelin at an opponent in an instant. If it hits, you'll stun the enemy and they'll be knocked back. The effect will be much greater if you manage to spike the opponent into a wall.
- Type: Ability
- Effect: This is one of Orisa's best tools at handling masses of bullets at once. She'll gain additional health as she turns gold. However, that isn't it. Fortify reduces the damage that is being taken and it will also reduce the heat effect on the Augmented Fusion Driver, letting Orisa players fire their weapon for a more prolonged time frame.
- Type: Ability
- Effect: This move is also effective at incapacitating an enemy attack. When spun for a few seconds, the javelin will eliminate incoming projectiles and stop melee strikes like Reinhardt's hammer swings from hurting Orisa. You can also push back enemies with a dominating forward movement.
Orisa is a multifaceted tank that can deal damage and be defensive at the same time. These abilities are so powerful so be weary that Orisa may get a debuff at some point in the future.
- Prefer using shotguns? Give Reaper a try.
Overwatch 2 Orisa Guide: Early Tips
Orisa deserves to be at the front of the attacking forces and can be an absolute nuisance to the enemy team. Don't be afraid to tango and try to eliminate opponents up close and personal with the Augmented Fusion Driver. Remember that the weapon is not effective at long-range so try to keep your bullets close-mid ranged.
Keep notice of who's low on health and utilize the Javelin Spin whenever someone needs assistance. It will give healers like Mercy the time to bring a weak ally the support they need.
Whenever there's a big push, use the Fortify ability whenever possible. You'll want to be the main target of your opponent's attacks with such a high HP effect. Orisa turns gold, so it's pretty common that your opponents will pay closer attention to what's happening behind the robot.
The Energy Javelin is an incredible move that can help you eliminate weaker enemies. Try to focus on the main damage dealers like Genji or the critical support heroes like Ana to throw them out of balance. Getting them stuck on the wall will also increase the time they're stunned, letting your or an ally take them out in an instant.
Lastly, the ultimate is great to use if you see an enemy team bunched together on an objective. Lead in your approach with the Javelin Spin to block incoming fire and then utilize the Terra Surge to deal so much damage to the enemy team. Make sure while you're doing this that you have backup.
- Are you an Overwatch beginner? Read this for your best character choices and tactics.
How To Unlock Orisa
Orisa is available to all players of Overwatch 2 as soon as the game boots up. This devastating tank can be picked up by anyone, no matter if they are free-to-play or a veteran player of the first game. There are other tanks you can unlock by purchasing the Watchpoint Pack or by finishing enough matches. The Watchpoint Pack comes with all 35 prior characters, 2,000 Overwatch Coins, and the Season 1 Battle Pass.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, keep reading GGRecon.