Diablo 3 Season 28 & 2.7.5 Patch Notes
Season 28 of Diablo 3 is approaching, and Blizzard has released the 2.7.5 patch notes for the PTR in preparation. As we near the release date of Diablo 3 Season 28, Blizzard is hard at work testing all of the new features that players can look forward to.
If you're part of the PTR, you can use the test realm to give these features a go before the new Season goes live. Here is a complete rundown of the Diablo 3 2.7.5 patch notes for the PTR.
- When is the Diablo 2 Resurrected Season 3 ladder reset? Find out here.
Diablo 3 Season 28 & Patch 2.7.5 PTR Patch Notes
While we don't know the official start date for Diablo 3 Season 28 just yet, the preliminary patch notes are available for us to view in full. There's lots of information that players need to take note of with plenty of additional features arriving to the RPG imminently. Here are the patch notes in full:
Season 28: Rites Of Sanctuary
For Season 28, Rites of Sanctuary, you'll see yourself travelling deep into the mysterious ruins of the Festering Woods. Amid a hunting expedition, citizens hailing from New Tristram stumble across an ominous Altar carved from an archaic material bearing cryptic markings. Shaken to their core by the eldritch aroma of the monolith, they'll enlist the assistance of brave Nephalem willing to investigate this sinister discovery that was once left to time—the Altar of Rites.
Home to power thought to be extinct from Sanctuary, the Altar of Rites will bestow these mystic forces upon worthy Nephalem. . .after a sacrifice is offered. You can begin interacting with the Altar of Rites at Level One.
Upon arrival at the Altar of Rites, players will see 26 icons called Seals and three Legendary Potion Powers. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the elements below:
- A: Your Kill Streak timer duration and reward bonus are doubled.
- B: Pools of Reflection last for the entire Season and are not removed by death.
- C: Items have no level requirement.
- D: +200 Damage
- E: +25% Missile Damage Reduction
- F: +25% Movement Speed (Uncapped)
- G: Increase damage against elites by 15%.
- H: Picking up Health Globes grants a shield for 5% of your maximum health for 7 seconds. Max stacks 5.
- I: +25% Melee Damage Reduction.
- J: Increases your highest elemental skill damage bonus by 10%.
- K: Increase damage against elites by 20%.
- L: +10% Damage
- M: Double the amount of Death's Breaths that drop.
- N: Critical hits grant resource: Mana: 15, Hatred: 5, Wrath: 5, Arcane Power: 3, Fury: 3, Spirit: 5, Essence: 5.
- O: Double the amount of Bounty Caches that drop from completing bounties.
- P: Progress orbs from Nephalem and Greater Rifts are picked up automatically.
- Q: Reduces the damage taken from elites by 25%.
- R: +15% Damage
- S: Gain immunity to crowd-controlling effects.
- T: Gain passability.
- U: Pets pick up Death's Breath.
- V: Elite packs drop one additional progress orb.
- W: Increase damage done to Bosses by 25%.
- X: Pets pick up and salvage common, magic, and rare items.
- Y: Increase your chance to Dodge by 15%.
- Z: Double the chance to find a legendary item purchased from Kadala.
- Potion AA: When you drink your health potion, you manifest one of three runic circles on the ground that grant increased damage, increased cooldown reduction, or increased resource cost reduction.
- Potion AB: When you drink your health potion, all enemies within 25 yards deal 25% less damage.
- Potion AC: When you drink your health potion, gain a random shrine or pylon effect.
- AD: When a primal item drops, a second random primal item drops as well.
How Seals And Potions Work
After unlocking the first Seal, the order in which you unlock additional Seals and obtain their powers is entirely up to you and which powers align with your character’s build the most. Once a Seal or Legendary Potion Power is unlocked, you’ll immediately receive that Seal or Potion’s power and will have the ability to unlock connected Seals or Potions once you have the required materials. All Seals and Potions can be unlocked by players and the powers apply to all your characters - these powers will last for the entirety of Season 28.
How to Unlock Seals And Potions
Unlocking Seals and Potions will be no easy feat, especially after multiple sacrifices - you’ll find yourself rummaging across Sanctuary slaying scores of demons hellbent on preventing you from acquiring the Altar of Rites’ full power.
Players must gather materials listed in the Altar of Rites menu and sacrifice them in order to gain a Seal or Potion’s power. In addition to receiving the power after unlocking, you’ll notice the generic text previously displayed has been swapped with a small story scrap about Sanctuary’s tumultuous past.
To unlock a Seal, the Seal preceding it must first be unlocked—this does not apply to Seals R, S, and T because of how they’re positioned within the Altar. For example, if you want to unlock Seal B or C, Seal A must first be unlocked. There is also no limit to how many Seals or Potions can be unlocked within a given time period, if you have the required materials to sacrifice to the Altar. Regardless of the order in which you unlock Seals and Potions, the cost will increase as shown below.
Study the cost of each sacrifice and theorize where within Sanctuary you can find some of these rare materials.
- 1: 10 Reusable Parts
- 2: 1 Flawless Diamond (or greater), 15 Arcane Dust, 20 Resuable Parts
- 3: 1 Greater Rift Key, 10 Death's Breaths
- 4: Any Class Specific Set Helm
- 5: 20 Forgotten Souls, 10 Khanduran Runes, 10 Caldeum Nightshade, 10 Arreat War Tapestry, 10 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 10 Westmarch Holy Water
- 6: 1 Leoric's Regret, 1 Vial of Putridness, 1 Idol of Terror, 1 Heart of Fright
- 7: Reaper's Wraps
- 8: 30 Forgotten Souls
- 9: 1,100 Bloodshards
- 10: 1 Flawless Royal Ruby, 20 Death's Breaths, Ring of Royal Grandeur
- 11: 1 Flawless Royal Emerald, 30 Khanduran Runes, 30 Caldeum Nightshade, 30 Arreat War Tapestry, 30 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 30 Westmarch Holy Water
- 12: 20 Greater Rift Keys, 1 Ramaladni's Gift
- 13: 1,300 Bloodshards
- 14: Petrified Scream
- 15: Challenge Rift Cache
- 16: 250 Forgotten Souls
- 17: 1,400 Bloodshards
- 18: Ancient Hellfire Amulet
- 19: Never Ending Questions
- 20: Ancient Puzzle Ring, 50 Khanduran Runes, 50 Caldeum Nightshade, 50 Arreat War Tapestry, 50 Corrupted Angel Flesh, 50 Westmarch Holy Water
- 21: 500 Death's Breaths, 300 Forgotten Souls
- 22: 1,500 Bloodshards
- 23: Whisper of Atonement Rank 125
- 24: Any Augmented Weapon
- 25: Staff of Herding
- 26: 1,600 Bloodshards
- Potion 1: 55 Primordial Ashes
- Potion 2: 110 Primordial Ashes
- Potion 3: 165 Primordial Ashes
How To Uncover An Ancient Legend-Unlock All Seals
After you’ve conquered the armies of Hell and acquired the needed materials to unlock all 26 Seals and three Potions, you’ll receive a reward truly fitting of an unstoppable force—the Wings of Terror Cosmetic, Seal AD. We recommend you unlock all Seals and Potions within the Altar of Rites, not only to inspire terror within your foes but also to piece together the fragments of Sanctuary’s past.
Primordial Ashes Feature
Acquiring Primal Items is no small task. That’s why we are adding a new Primordial Ashes feature with this patch to aid in your quest. At the Blacksmith, you can now salvage a Primal Item for 55 Primordial Ashes.
We have also added a Primal Item recipe to Kanai’s Cube, allowing you to upgrade any non-crafted legendary item to a Primal Item for 100 Primordial Ashes. Only one upgraded Primal Item may be worn at a time and upgraded Primal Items do not retain the properties of the Legendary Item that was used. New affixes are rolled for all upgraded Primal Items.
Monk Skill Changes
Combination Strike Passive Skill:
- Each different Spirit Generator you use increases your damage by 10% for three seconds.
- Each Spirit Generator you use increases the damage of your other Spirit Generators by 100% for 10 seconds.
Crippling Wave Skill:
- Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for three seconds.
- Every third hit also dazes enemies within 11 yards, slowing their movement speed by 30% and attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Concussion Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave deal 20% less damage for three 10 seconds.
- Breaking Wave Rune: Enemies hit by Crippling Wave take 10% additional damage from all attacks for three 10 seconds.
Deadly Reach Skill:
- Foresight Rune: Every third hit also increases the damage of all your stacks by 15% for five seconds.
- Foresight Rune: Every enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 15% for 10 seconds.
Way of the Hundred Fists:
- Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for five seconds.
- Assimilation Rune: Each enemy hit with the third hit increases your damage by 5% for 10 seconds.
- Horde of the Ninety Savages (6-piece bonus):
- Frenzy deals 1,000% increased damage per stack.
- Frenzy deals 2,000% increased damage per stack.
- Chanon Bolter:
- Spike Traps lure enemies to them. Enemies may be taunted once every 12-16 seconds.
- Spike Traps lure enemies to them and deal 150-200% increased damage. Enemies may be taunted once every 10 seconds.
- The Demon’s Demise:
- The blast from Spike Trap will damage all enemies again after one second.
- Each blast from Spike Trap will damage all enemies again after 1 second and deals 150-200% increased damage.
- Natalya’s Slayer:
- Increases Rain of Vengeance Damage by 20-25%.
- Increases Spike Trap Damage by 10 -15%.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (2-piece bonus):
- Reduce the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance by 4 seconds when you hit with a Hatred-generating attack or Hatred-spending attack.
- Hitting an enemy summons a Spike Trap if it is on your action bar. Each Spike Trap detonation restores 1 Discipline.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (4-piece bonus):
- Rain of Vengeance deals 100% increased damage.
- Laying a Spike Trap grants 60% damage reduction. The duration of this bonus is always equal to the number of already laid traps in seconds.
- Natalya’s Vengeance (6-piece bonus):
- After casting Rain of Vengeance, deal 14,000% increased damage and take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds.
- Spike Traps deal 10,000% increased damage, and each consecutive blast from the detonation chain reaction will deal 10% more damage than the previous blast.
- The Shadow’s Mantle (2-piece bonus):
- While equipped with a melee weapon, all damage is increased by 6,000%.
- While equipped with a melee weapon, the damage of your Bolas, Chakram, Fan of Knives, and Impale is increased by 6,000%.
- Trag’oul Coils:
- Spike Traps gain the Impaling Spines Rune and are deployed twice as fast.
- Spike Traps gain the Scatter Rune, are deployed twice as fast, and deal 150-200% increased damage.
- Unhallowed Essence (6-piece bonus):
- Hatred generators, Vengeance attacks, and Multishot deal 350% increased damage per point of Discipline the Demon Hunter currently has.
- Hatred generators, Vengeance attacks, and Multishot deal 1700% increased damage per point of discipline the Demon Hunter currently has.
- Patterns of Justice (6-piece bonus):
- Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind as well and increases all damage delt by 15,000%.
- Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active increases the size of Sweeping Wind as well and increases all damage dealt by 20,000.
- Raiment of Thousand Storms (4-piece bonus):
- Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
- Dashing Strike spends 25 Spirit but refunds a Charge when it does.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival (6-piece bonus):
- Bone Spear deals 6,000% increased damage
- Bone Spear deals 9,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus.
- The Typhon’s Veil (6-piece-bonus):
- Hydras deal 2,000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
- Hydras deal 4,000% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
That's all for the Diablo 3 2.7.5 patch notes. These will go live on the Diablo 3 PTR on January 31 2023. If Blizzard is already testing the Season 28 update on the PTR, then an official release date can't be far behind.
For more Diablo guides, keep reading GGRecon.