VALORANT 6.04 patch notes: All gameplay, map & Agent changes
The latest VALORANT Episode is upon us, and with that comes a set of patch notes for update 6.04. Unlike most Episode updates for VALORANT, this season sees a fairly small set of patch notes to accompany the new Agent. So, to learn about the few things that have changed in VALORANT update 6.04, read on to find the full patch notes.
- Here's what changed in the VALORANT 6.03 update patch notes.
VALORANT 6.04 patch notes: All changes
- Gekko goes live!
- Learn his abilities on our Agents page.
- Watch the latest Initiator and his friends take on Los Angeles in the launch trailer.
- Updated thread synchronisation to reduce input latency.
- Input latency has been improved by ~1 frame for players who meet all of the following criteria:
- They do not have NVIDIA Reflex/AMD Anti-Lag available/enabled.
- They have multithreaded rendering enabled.
- They use VSYNC.
- Fixed bug where if Sage's Barrier Orb was damaged while fortifying, it would fortify to full health instead of going to max health minus the damage that was dealt during fortification
- Fixed a bug where abilities, like Sova Drone that are pushed by the Lotus doors into other players, could continue to push players even after the door stops or the players exited the doors area.
- Fixed hitch where game mode related UI is loaded in a blocking manner on game startup.
As you can see, the changes arriving in update 6.04 for VALORANT are remarkably smaller than we're used to. Still, at least it looks like the game is in a good position for the newest Episode in the Chapter.
If you're curious to learn more about how to play Gekko, we have a guide that explains all of his abilities. We also have a few Gekko tips and tricks up our sleeves to take advantage of him in the arena.
For more VALORANT guides, keep reading GGRecon.