VALORANT Patch Notes 5.12: Chamber Updates
VALORANT is set to see another update with the 5.12 patch notes bringing some serious changes to Agent Chamber. Riot Games seems to always have its finger on the pulse of what's working and what isn't in VALORANT. As such, the team has decided that Chamber should be the next Agent it changes up given he's one of the more dominant on the roster right now. So, keep reading to learn more about Chamber is changing in the VALORANT 5.12 patch notes.
- Here's how to use True Stretched Res in VALORANT.
VALORANT 5.12 Patch Notes: Chamber Updates
Firstly, Riot Games explains why it thinks Chamber was in big need of an update. According to the developer, "[Chamber's] current mechanics were shaping play space in an unhealthy way, infringing on other Agent identities, and breaking VALORANT's core tactical cycle."
As such, most of the changes to Chamber in the VALORANT 5.12 patch are nerfs to make him slightly less of a damage-dealing monster. Following these changes, opponents should be able to escape from combat scenarios with Chamber more often, allowing for more tactical gameplay.
- Here's everything you need to know about VALORANT Premier.
Here are all of the changes to Chamber's abilities in VALORANT patch 5.12:
- Updated Stability Curve
- Spread increased after 2nd bullet when spamming. This is explicitly meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure.
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range
- Radius increased 15m >>> 26m
- Removed teleport activation height restriction
- You can teleport to the Anchor while on different verticality so long as you are within its radius.
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting 0.4s >>> 0.7s
- Headhunter is unaffected by this change
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round, instead of being placed on a cooldown.
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting.
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range, and reactivate once he is inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round
- Does not require line of sight
- 30s cooldown on recall
- Destruction remains permanent
- Initial Arm Time increased 2s >> 4s
- Health Increased 1 >> 20
Tour De Force (X)
- Fire rate decreased by 57.5%
- This applies to both Trademark and Tour De Force
- Reduced 50% >> 40%
- Reduced duration 6s >> 4s
- Reduced size by 30%
Following these changes, it should now be a little easier to counterplay against Chamber in your average VALORANT match. Riot Games has also made these changes with the intention of making Chamber a little more deliberate in his tactical play. Those who main the character will surely have to adjust their playstyles accordingly.
The VALORANT 5.12 patch will be released on Tuesday, December 6th 2022.
For more VALORANT guides, keep reading GGRecon.