Every Chamber Nerf On The Valorant PBE
Chamber used to be the king of sentinels since the release of VALORANT, but Riot Games is looking to change that. With a fantastic teleport that's better than Jett's, the best tripwire (sorry Cypher) and a literal Operator on steroids as an ultimate, it's easy to see why Chamber has remained the top dog of all VALORANT agents. However, Riot is looking to change that with the most recent set of PBE updates. With nerfs to every single one of his abilities, Riot is hoping to nerf Chamber in the latest VALORANT patch. Here's what's changed.
- Having trouble with VALORANT Error 19? We've got a solution for that.
Chamber Nerf Valorant: What's changed?
- His teleport ability Rendezvous will be receiving a cooldown nerf from 20 seconds to 30 seconds. This will also increase the cooldown of the ability if he recalls it.
- Its cooldown will also be set to 45 seconds if one of the teleport anchors breaks.
- His tripwire Trademark will also be receiving a bit of a nerf, with the radius of the slow it fires being reduced from 21 meters to 15 meters.
- Alongside this, its slow duration will be reduced from 9 seconds down to 6.
- His trusty pistol will be getting a bit more pricey with the next patch, as its cost per bullet is going up from 100 to 150 credits.
Tour De Force (X):
- His Operator weapon will be a tad more expensive now with its cost going up from 7 ultimate points to 8.
- Curious to know just how much you've spent on VALORANT skins? Here's how to view your VALORANT purchase history.
Chamber Nerf Valorant: What does this mean?
It's hard to tell whether or not these nerfs will kill Chamber, as he fulfils a very unique role that few agents can fit. His ability to get picks safely from a distance opens up a lot of space for his team, while his Trademark ability secures their safety from the back. As an agent that remains solely on aim to be effective, these nerfs will definitely hit weaker Chamber players more, as stronger ones will still be able to get that pick for their team.
However, it's possible that these nerfs will bring him more in line with his other sentinel options, and make players think twice about who to choose when wanting to hold down a site. So, now you know all about the Chamber nerf in VALORANT.
For more VALORANT guides, check out our dedicated page.