Lies of P update version 18.104.22.168 patch notes, all buffs & nerfs
Since its launch last week, the first list of Lies of P patch notes has arrived in a new update. Containing a variety of gameplay changes, boss tweaks, and even some quality-of-life changes, this Lies of P patch will likely bring some relief to struggling players.
So, let's get into all of the Lies of P patch notes and all of the changes in this update - including buffs and nerfs, drop rates, and even system changes.
SPOILER WARNING: This guide may contain story spoilers, so be sure to proceed at your own risk to ensure details in the game remain a surprise.
Lies of P patch notes update version 22.214.171.124 changes
As listed on its Steam news post, all of the changes in the Lies of P patch notes for update version 126.96.36.199 are listed below. The most notable updates amongst this Lies of P patch include not just bug fixes and DualShock 4 and DualSense controller support, but nerfs and buffs to monsters and boss fights made through balance changes as well:
Lies of P balance changes
Field monster balance changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
Though not a standard monster, there has also been a decrease in the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies as well.
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone-type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade
- Want to reset your stats? Here is how stats in Lies of P work & how to respec them
Boss monster balance changes
- Decreased the HP of 'Fallen Archbishop Andreus'
- Decreased the HP of 'King of Puppets' in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of 'Simon Manus, Arm of God'
- Decreased the damage of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
- Increased the chance to break the stance of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
To better aid in boss battles, the developer has also increased the Specter's HP and damage.
System changes related to the character progression reset
- Added the feature to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the 'Gold Coin Tree'
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Check out how to beat the Mad Donkey boss in Lies of P
Additional changes to Lies of P
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art 'Guard Parry' will now break the monster's stance
- To complete the Toma side quest, here is where to take the Faded Whistle in Lies of P
Other new features in Lies of P
- Now supports the DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controllers on Windows OS devices
- The DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controller's touchpad can be used to open the menu
After today's update, if the DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below:
- Go to your Steam library
- Right-click 'Lies of P'
- Select 'Properties'
- Select 'Controller'
- Select 'Disable Steam Input'
- Almost beaten the game? Here is if Lies of P has a New Game Plus
Lies of P bug fixes
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium II - Acid Charge' rarely not working properly
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium' consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto's face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the 'Nameless Puppet' with Graphic Quality Presets - Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits
- Take a look at where to find all records in Lies of P
Known issues in Lies of P
PS4 controller settings resetting issue
Changes made to controller settings cannot be saved when the [Use X button for Enter] option is disabled. This feature is exclusive to PS4 systems in Asian regions. If you are facing constant resetting of your PS4 controller settings, please follow the instructions below to enable the [Use X button for Enter] option.
As instructed in the PS4 user guide, to change the key binding for 'Confirm' from the O button to the X button, you just need to perform the following instructions:
- Navigate to 'Settings'
- Select 'System'
- Check the 'Use X button for Enter' checkbox.
- Find out all of the Wandering Merchant locations in Lies of P
Inability to proceed to Chapter 3
Some players have encountered difficulties in advancing to subsequent chapters due to abnormal actions, such as passing through doors in unconventional ways. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions below:
- Install the latest patch
- Launch the game and activate any Stargazer ability
- Visit the Hotel and interact with Geppetto to trigger a P-Organ cutscene
- Acquire the Krat City Hall Key
DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controller display error on windows
If you trigger keyboard input while using the DUALSHOCK 4 & DualSense controller on a Windows operating system, the game's input UI may switch to that of a keyboard. In this case, the key binding for 'Menu' will be displayed as 'C', instead of 'ESC'.
- Once you get to Chapter 3 and beyond, here are all Lies of P bosses in order from start to finish
How effective are the changes in the Lies of P update?
Although the bug fixes and resolution of PS4 and PS5 controller issues are great to see in their own right, the balance changes to monster encounters and especially boss fights will likely be the most welcome.
In the original release of the game, as stated in our own Lies of P review, the sharp difficulty spikes to the boss battles stated above were one of its greatest issues - due to it feeling like Lies of P was going back on its appeal of greater accessibility for new Soulslike players.
In this writer's opinion, who personally struggled for hours trying to get past the Fallen Archbishop Andreus boss, balance changes like the nerf to its HP and that of other bosses should make Lies of P altogether a much more fun experience for all.
- If you're a PC player, find out if Lies of P can run on Steam Deck
That's everything you need to know about the Lies of P patch notes and everything in update version 188.8.131.52.