What Is the Max Level Cap In Hogwarts Legacy?
You can accumulate XP in a variety of ways in Hogwarts Legacy. As your level increases, you'll unlock more spells to use in Hogwarts Legacy against stronger foes. If you're wondering where the level cap sits in the game, read here.
- For more Hogwarts Legacy tips and tricks, read our guide on how to get a broomstick in Hogwarts Legacy.
Disclaimer: While the creator of the Harry Potter franchise was not directly involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy, their comments on social media around transgender people are hurtful and dangerous given the size of their platform.
We’d implore you to read our explainer of the controversy so far, and consider supporting trans rights charities where possible.
Is There A Level Cap In Hogwarts Legacy?
For now, we know that it is possible to reach the limit of level 40 in the game. There are future plans for DLC content, however, including a quidditch expansion so this may be subject to change.
You can earn XP in many ways in the game, the main way is to complete main story quests and NPC quests. NPC quests will be highlighted on your map with a waypoint icon in the shape of a shield outline. You'll unlock more side quests as you explore the world and level up through the main story.
It has been confirmed that there are different side quests depending on which Hogwarts house you belong to, with Gryffindor house having the largest amount of side quests and Ravenclaw having the least. It may be worth your time to join Gryffindor house if you wish to level up fast and experience even more content in-game.
You can also accrue experience points by discovering secrets around Hogwarts, completing Merlin Trials around the Hogwarts countryside, completing assignments from professors, and collecting Field Guide pages. There are several ways to collect Field Guide pages, these include:
- Casting Revelio at various points of interest in Hogwarts to reveal hidden pages.
- Cast Accio at any flying Field Guide Pages.
- Cast Lumos near any Lunar Moth Puzzles, this will reveal a picture. The picture shows the location of the missing moth from the frame. Find the moth and cast Lumos to get it to follow you back to the frame.
- Cast Levioso on any scholar statues around the school.
- Dragon statues: These require a flame spell like Incendio or Confringo to be cast on them.
For more XP and new gear appearances, you can complete various challenges in the 'Challenges' menu. These include collecting the items above as well as completing various combat challenges.
- For more Hogwarts Legacy tips and tricks, read our guide on how to unlock Expelliarmus, the most iconic defensive spell at Hogwarts.