Hogwarts Legacy patch notes March 8: Biscuit quest fix, female avatar face fix & more
The most anticipated patch update for Hogwarts Legacy has launched. Finally, Hogwarts Legacy developers Avalanche Software have implemented a large update to fix many of the quest bugs plaguing the fandom, the most common of which is the Biscuit quest bug.
This bug found players unable to free the Mooncalf Biscuit from the poacher's trap in the 'Takes the Biscuit' quest if they had previously explored the area and unlocked the cage. In many cases, this has been the one quest stopping players from completing the game across all challenges.
The bug has been fixed so there will be no more sad Mooncalves awaiting rescue, you are free to retrieve biscuit and cash in all challenge rewards. For a full list of all game fixes in the March 8 Hogwarts Legacy patch notes, read here.
- Be sure to also check out our guide on all Demiguise locations in Hogwarts Legacy if you need to unlock Alohomora.
Hogwarts Legacy patch notes
Here are the main fixes mentioned in the Hogwarts Legacy patch notes, for the original patch notes blog click here. Amongst the various performance-related issues that cause game crashes, the patch notes will also fix the following:
- Fixed DLC flying mount inventory issue potentially disappearing during a mission.
- Fixed the Biscuit quest issue when unlocking the bandit camp cage before starting the mission.
- Fixed not being able to complete a quest during a specific conversation with Madam Kogawa missing from her desk.
- Fixed avatar getting stuck between barrel and furnace by jumping or opening tool wheel.
- Fixed the issue with waypoints being in the air instead of the ground within Hogsmeade.
- Fixed objective maker being over Fig properly after waiting period.
- Fixed missing exit prompt on some doors within Hogwarts.
- Fixed opening butterfly chests other than the intended ones for a quest doesn't count toward mission progression.
- Fixed butterflies to not appearing at the specified area to progress the mission again.
- Fixed stars being present when focusing telescope during Astronomy class on low settings.
- Fixed shields not displaying correctly during Crossing Wands missions.
- Fixed player getting trapped while mounting a broom or while rotating a statue.
- Fixed not landing on Viaduct bridge.
- Fixed mesh breaking when avatar mounts broom after teleporting in open area.
- Fixed flash and shuttering when mounting any broom.
- Fixed wagon carts clipping into one another while avatar is blocking them.
- Fixed occasional respawning duplication of One Man Band in Hogsmeade.
- Fixed issue with characters that do not have hair.
- Fixed female avatar face appearing different from the creation preview during gameplay.
- Fixed transition between UI purchase window and forced conversation with vendors.
- Fixed map showing wrong path to the map chamber.
- Fixed damaged being represented when enemy is hit with transformation and Ancient Magic Throw.
- Improve tracking for Room of Requirement.
- Fixed UI controller icons displaying correctly based on controller platform type.
- Updated facial animations.
- Fixed NPC treadmilling during the House Cup.
- Fixed Avatar robes appearing before Fig makes them appear before the sorting ceremony.
- Improve stability and performance after long play throughs.
- Improve VFX performance during while raytracing.
- Improve performance by batching and caching raytracing buffers.
- Removed fog volumes for better BVH performance.
- Fixed RTAO making decals black.
- Fixed directional light shadows.
- Fixed shadows on trees.
- Fixed performance of the culling of lights in the frontend.
- Fixed not being able to talk to Vendors during sequential saves after issue being patched.
- Fixed streaming in and out after getting the 'Dung Bomb' field guide and loading a manual save.
- Fixed an issue when turning off the title and loading an auto-save during final credits causing an infinite loading screen.
- Fixed voice pitch setting save issue with avatar.
The key changes to take away from this are the quest-related bugs such as the Kagowa, the Follow the Butterflies quests and the Biscuit quest. There are also fixes to the female avatar's facial animations after complaints that the characters looked different from the character creation screen. There are the usual performance-based fixes too, to help smoothen out your playtime experience.
- For more Hogwarts Legacy help, check out our guide on finding and using the Key of Admittance in Hogwarts Legacy.