How to climb the battlements in Hogwarts Legacy
During the Hogwarts Legacy quest 'The High Keep' you'll be tasked with helping Natty find evidence against Harlow and his associates. During the Hogwarts Legacy quest, you'll receive the prompt to climb the battlements. If you're stuck on the quest and need help progressing, read here.
- Check out our guide on how to get to Falbarton Castle in Hogwarts Legacy if you need help triggering the quest.
Disclaimer: While the creator of the Harry Potter franchise was not directly involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy, their comments on social media around transgender people are hurtful and dangerous given the size of their platform.
We’d implore you to read our explainer of the controversy so far, and consider supporting trans rights charities where possible.
Hogwarts Legacy: Climb the battlements
Once you have met Natty at Falbarton Castle, a cut scene will prompt the quest to 'climb the battlements', in this, you must find a way into the castle so you can unlock it from within and let Natty in.
Follow these steps to get into the castle:
- Climb up the jagged ledge on the right side of the main gate.
- Once on the ledge, look to the left for a metal sigil and closed gate.
- Hit the sigil with Depulso to raise the gate.
- Cast Wingardium Leviosa on the crate within the gate and place it beneath the right-side climbing spot (marked by the jagged stone texture as a climbable surface).
- Cast Levioso on the crate to levitate it.
- Climb onto the crate and then onto the upper ledge.
- Cast a destruction spell on the wooden planks resting on the building. Confringo or Bombarda will work.
- Continue round the outside of the building until you see a broken window.
- Cast a force spell on the crate within the window, Accio or Windgarium Levisa will work well.
- Now, go back to the place the wooden planks were set and walk through the hole in the building, with the crate cleared you can now pass through.
- You will notice another metal sigil and the upper mechanism of the gate in this room.
- Cast Depulso multiple times on the sigil for the mechanism to move and reveal a gold handle. You must cast it multiple times, a single Depulso cast will not keep the gate raised long enough.
- Cast Accio on the handle as it is exposed to lock the gate in place.
- The gate will now be raised, allowing Natty to join you.
- You're now free to continue the quest.
- Looking to expand your beast collection? Check out our guide on where to find Kneazles in Hogwarts Legacy.