Are There Microtransactions in Marvel's Midnight Suns?
The strategy game wizards at Firaxis Games are behind an anticipated superhero team-up called Marvel's Midnight Suns later this year., but will it have microtransactions? Some are worried there are microtransactions in Marvel Midnight Suns, due to its card-based combat system. Here's everything we know right now.
- Fortnite has crossed over with the Marvel universe many times, but we're still missing these beloved heroes.
Does Marvel's Midnight Suns Support Microtransactions?
Despite a card-based battle system in Marvel's Midnight Suns, fans can exclaim "Excelsior" at the top of their lungs because the game will not support advantageous microtransactions. "There are no loot boxes in Marvel's Midnight Suns or related microtransactions to get more cards," said 2K on the game's official Twitter page. "We will have purely cosmetic character skins for purchase that do not affect game balance in any way."
Technically, yes, there will be microtransactions, but the offerings will simply make your hero look cooler and that's it. We expect to see skins inspired by the heroes' appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For example, Square Enix's version of Marvel's Avengers has a variety of MCU-inspired skins that you can purchase with an in-game currency. Marvel's Spider-Man from PlayStation also offers skins but in this instance, they have mostly been free with a few DLC-related exceptions. In addition, each of Spider-Man's suits had a different power to them.
At least Marvel's Midnight Suns has plenty of characters to choose from like Dr Strange, Scarlet Witch, and Iron Man, among many others.
- Some strange modders let you play as Uncle Ben's gravestone in Marvel's Spider-Man. Yes, we're serious and yes, it's messed up.
Is There a Marvel's Midnight Suns Season Pass?
The short answer is yes. The Season Pass that you can get with Marvel's Midnight Suns will include four heroes alongside "new missions, new enemies, and more," according to the Steam page. 2K has said it will announce this content at a later date.
In addition, there is a Legendary Premium Pack, which includes the following skins:
- Captain America (Future Soldier)
- Captain America (Captain of the Guard)
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
- Captain Marvel (Medieval Marvel)
- Magik (Phoenix 5)
- Magik (New Mutant)
- Nico Minoru (Sister Grimm)
- Nico Minoru (Shadow Witch)
- Wolverine (X-Force)
- Wolverine (Cowboy Logan)
- Blade (Demon Hunter)
- Blade (Blade 1602)
- Iron Man (Iron Knight)
- Iron Man (Bleeding Edge)
- Ghost Rider (Spirit of Vengeance)
- Ghost Rider (Death Knight)
- Doctor Strange (Strange Future Supreme)
- Scarlet Witch (Boss Witch)
- Scarlet Witch (Fallen Scarlet Witch)
- Spider-Man (Symbiote)
- Spider-Man (Demon)
- One skin each for two unannounced characters.
Marvel's Midnight Suns is scheduled to release on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC on December 2, 2022. The PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions will arrive at a later date. Hopefully, the game will be more impressive than the recent trailers.