Hogwarts Legacy Spell List: How Many Spells Are In Hogwarts Legacy?
If you’re a massive Harry Potter fan, you can most likely name every spell in the books and films without hesitation. With such a huge magical world, there’s a lot of variety in the palm of your hands, and Hogwarts Legacy aims to let you run free with all that creativity.
In the game, you finally have the chance to explore an open-world interpretation of the iconic school of witchcraft and wizardry, learning all of these spells for yourself. With a huge selection of magic at your fingertips, here are all the spells in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Find out how to wizard duel in Hogwarts Legacy.
Disclaimer: While the creator of the Harry Potter franchise was not directly involved in the creation of Hogwarts Legacy, their comments on social media around transgender people are hurtful and dangerous given the size of their platform.
We’d implore you to read our explainer of the controversy so far, and consider supporting trans rights charities where possible.
How Many Spells Are In Hogwarts Legacy?
With you being a fifth-year student in Hogwarts Legacy, it’s understandable to expect a few spells already under your belt. While you’ll go through the game and learn more and more through classes, you’ll also have an already well-equipped arsenal at your disposal.
In regard to how many there are in Hogwarts Legacy, you can expect to see 26 spells during your playtime. This includes 23 standard spells, such as Expelliarmus and Alohomora.
Each spell works differently, with some offering advantages in combat, while others are useful when exploring the world. The more you learn, the more of Hogwarts Legacy you will be able to discover, as more areas become accessible as your spell list lengthens.
Additionally, there is also the opportunity to learn three Unforgivable Curses. These reside fairly late into Hogwarts Legacy and include iconic deadly spells such as Crucio and Avada Kedavra. If you want to unlock these, you'll need to follow a character known as Sebastian Sallow’s quest line.
It’s entirely possible more spells may be added in the future if the developers at Avalanche Software decide to release any post-launch content. As for now, you’ll have to contend with the 26 available at your disposal in Hogwarts Legacy.
All Available Spells In Hogwarts Legacy
It’s been confirmed that there will be 26 spells for you to use in Hogwarts Legacy, each with its own unique ability and damage properties. They are broken into four colour-coded categories, which are as follows:
- Yellow: Control Spells.
- Purple: Force Spells.
- Red: Damage Spells.
- Grey: Essential Spells.
You can easily distinguish what type of effect each spell will have by the colour, but each also has an in-depth description available for you to read and learn all about.
The spells themselves are broken down into three categories, allowing you to further break down their uses. Here are all the spells in each category of Hogwarts Legacy:
- Aberto: Unlocks certain doors.
- Accio: Summons objects in the vicinity.
- Aguamenti: Creates a jet stream of water.
- Alohomora: Opens locked doors and windows.
- Arresto Momentum: Slows speed of moving object.
- Confringo: Makes the object explode.
- Depulso: Pushes objects away.
- Descendo: Makes items or people fall down.
- Diffindo: Cuts the target.
- Disillusionment: User can go invisible.
- Expelliarmus: Knock a wand or item out of an opponent's hand.
- Expulso: Causes an explosion.
- Flipendo: Knocks the target back.
- Finite: Can counter magical effects.
- Glacius: A freezing spell.
- Incendo: A fire spell.
- Lumos: Creates light at the end of your wand.
- Oppugno Jinx: Sends objects to attack a target.
- Petrificus Totalus: Paralyses a target.
- Reducto: Causes target to explode.
- Reparo: Repairs items.
- Revelio: Reveals secrets in the nearby area.
- Stupefy: Stuns targets.
- Levisos: Makes objects levitate.
Along with these, there are also three Unforgivable Curses you are able to use, which are the following:
- Avada Kedavra: Kills a target.
- Crucio: Causes a target considerable pain.
- Imperio: Allows you to control a target.
And that’s all the confirmed spells in Hogwarts Legacy. We may learn more as time goes on or in further post-launch content, but for now, these are the ones you will cause mayhem and explore with.
- Find out how to win at wizard duelling in Hogwarts Legacy.