The Sims 4 pregnancy cheats: How to force labour, have twins & more
With Sims 4 pregnancy cheats, it is possible to choose the gender and amount of sim children you'll have. You can skip arduous Sims 4 interactions and cheat sims into pregnancy straight away or use cheats to send them into labour and skip the customary 3-day waiting period.
Listed below are all Sims 4 pregnancy cheats and other in-game tips and tricks to get the genders and amount of children you want, follow if you wish to have twins or triplets first try.
If you're looking to speed-run a legacy challenge or want to get ahead of making a generation before The Sims 4 Growing Together release, read here for all Sims 4 pregnancy cheats.
- Also, check out our Sims 4 career cheats page to jump ahead in any career s and get instant promotions in your chosen field.
How to use pregnancy cheats in The Sims 4
Before using any pregnancy cheats, you'll first need to know how to summon the cheat box and enable cheats in your game. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Press CTRL+ Shift + C to open the cheat box on the top left of your screen
- Press Command + Shift +C if playing on a Mac
- If playing on a console, press all four triggers of your controller
- Next type 'testingcheats true' into the box
- You should receive a message in the box that says cheats have been enabled if done correctly
- Read our Sims 4 Werewolves cheat guide to instantly turn sims into werewolves and level them up to alpha status.
The Sims 4 pregnancy cheat to have twins or triplets
There are a few ways to try for twins or triplets in your game, most of these involve buying Fertility traits in the rewards store. Alternatively, you can guarantee twins or triplets by following these steps:
- First try for a baby with your chosen sim, take a test to make sure your sim is pregnant.
- Next, find your sim's ID (a unique number attributed to your sim), the cheat for this is Sims.Get_Sim_ID_By_Name (insert here the full name of your sim)
- Once you have the sim's ID, type the following cheat to increase the number of offspring (this can be any number of children up until the maximum household number has been reached).
- Pregnancy.Force_Offspring_Count SIMID # (replacing # with the number of offspring you want)
The Sims 4 tips to get twins or triplets
Other than buying the Fertile reward trait and using cheats, there are numerous in-game mechanics that can increase your odds for children these are:
- On Ley Line lot trait - this is a lot trait that arrived with The Sims 4 City Living and can be applied through the build mode system. This lot trait massively increases the odds for twins, triplets are still an uncommon result, however.
- On A Dark Ley Line lot trait - this acts in a similar fashion to the above lot trait but is geared to producing vampire twins or triplets and came with The Sims 4 Vampires pack.
- Fertility Massage - this is a Spa treatment you can request if you have The Sims 4 Spa Day installed. This massage will get Sims in a flirty mood, increasing the chances of romantic interactions. It will also increase the odds of conceiving twins or triplets when trying for a baby.
- The Elixir of Fertility - This is a craftable herbal remedy that can be crafted if your sim has maxed out the Herbalism Skill (available with The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat pack). The Elixir will increase the chances of conceiving twins or triplets for a limited time when drunk.
- Wish for a child - although there is no evidence that you can increase your odds for twins this way, it is possible to wish for a child at a wishing well if you have The Sims 4 Romantic Garden stuff pack installed
- You'll need money to fund your ever-expanding family! Check out our guide to getting Infinite money in The Sims 4 with Sims 4 money cheats here.
The Sims 4 cheat to force labour
If you're eager to speed up the pregnancy process, you can put your sim (that is already confirmed as pregnant) into labour automatically with the following cheat:
The Sims 4 cheat to choose a baby's gender
This is less of a cheat and more of an in-game mechanic. It is possible to influence the gender of the baby you get through music and food choice. For girls, eat strawberries and listen to pop music. For boys make your sim eat carrots and listen to alternative music. This has a proven track record of success with Sims players, whilst it isn’t a guarantee, it does increase your odds to get your chosen gender.
You can buy a radio and starter vegetables and fruit seeds from the build mode catalogue, or you can buy seeds from a PC to grow strawberries or carrots. Alternatively, you can select 'order a delivery' from your sim's mobile, which will list the available groceries to buy. Carrots or strawberries may be listed under there which will cut out the time waiting for them to grow.
The Sims 4 pregnancy mods
If your cheats aren’t working, the Cheats Fix Mod by TwistedMaxi increases the probability of cheats working post-expansion updates. The mod also provides information in the cheat log box as to why a cheat may have failed. This can be a useful tool for Sims players who use a lot of cheats in their games. As always be careful when using mods unsupported by Maxis.
Alternatively, if you're tired of the cartoonish way in which sims give birth you can download the highly popular Child Birth Mod by PandaSama here. This mod gives players the option to have a natural birth or a birth via the hospital after reaching 10 cm dilation, rather than go to the birthing machine straight away via the vanilla gameplay.
The mod had custom animations that cover new activities which can speed the birthing process along, like going for a walk, using an exercise ball or pre-birth yoga. Some births can take up to 24 hours and may require additional medical help like an epidural or c-section. The mod is a popular choice for many Sims players who wish to expand the process and make it feel more life-like.
Can you have Science Baby twins or triplets in The Sims 4?
As per a recent Sims 4, it is now possible to have a 'Science Baby' in the game amongst same-sex couples and friends without a romantic relationship.
It is also possible to have twins or triplets this way, the outcome of a science baby is randomised but it seems to be a lot more likely to get twins if you have implemented some of the methods above such as the Fertile or On the Ley Line traits.
- Check out our guide to rotating items in the Sims 4 for build mode tips and cheats.