How to make a Unicorn in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch
We've got everything you'll need if you're wondering how to make a unicorn in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch, so make sure to stick around and we'll tell you how.
We're here to tell you it's not only possible but to show you how! Make sure to continue reading below to learn where the horn option is in CAS and the best ways to make unicorns in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch.
- For more The Sims 4 Horse Ranch tips, check out our guide to all Horse Ranch cheats and max out all horse skills instantly!
Where are the Unicorn horns in CAS?
To find the unicorn horn in create-a-sim, you need to click on the horse's head rather than its body. This will bring up a list of facial options, including a 'Horn' category.
For now, there is only one horn option (with a version available for foals), but it has multiple swatches of different colours to choose from.
Simply equip it to your horse to transform it. If you're struggling to make a unicorn though, all you need to do is check out our CAS tips below.
- For more Sims 4 Horse Ranch tips, check out our guide to getting mini goats and mini sheep on the ranch, these adorable companions can help tend your garden.
How to make a Unicorn in CAS in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch
There is no set rule to making a unicorn, once you have the horn applied to any horse it will change its voice to sound more ethereal and will emit sparkles in-game and in CAS.
If you're struggling to find your creative spark, however, we've listed easy ways to make a unicorn using the create-a-sim presets.
- Start off by choosing if you want the horse to be a stallion or mare.
- From the breeds menu you can select any that you like the look of, if you're aiming for that pure unicorn aesthetic then the Andalusian is a good base.
- Enhance the ethereal look by going into head options, click 'Muzzle' and select the third option along, this will remove any colouring.
- Whilst still in the head options, click the 'Horn' tab and select a unicorn horn you like the look of, we've gone for a pastel rainbow swatch to fully commit to the fantasy look. You could otherwise keep the horses' coat and horn white if you'd rather have a more traditional-looking unicorn.
- Click on the body options and select the 'Coat Colour & Pattern' option. Scroll down and you'll see a rainbow preset and a pink preset with yellow sparkles. Both are great base options for a fantasy unicorn, or you can keep the unicorn white and more traditional.
- For hair options, we've chosen to keep the fluffy Andalusian mane and tail but also added feathers to the feet for even more fluff.
- We also opted for a smaller Forelock option (fourth one along) to avoid clipping with the unicorn horn.
- For the bridle and saddle, we've chosen the pastel pink and white options to complement the coat.
- For traits, Free Spirit, Independent and Intelligent work well into the mythology around unicorns being aloof, mystical, and isolated creatures, but this is completely optional.
From the picture above you can see three types of unicorns made with these CAS presets. One rainbow, one pink with sparkles and one pure white traditional unicorn.
- For more Sims 4 Horse Ranch tips and tricks, check out our guide on how to breed horses in the game, which includes a list of hidden secret foal traits you can get.
How to make a Unicorn Foal in CAS in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch
Foals born from unicorns may not receive the horn, as such it will be a normal horse until you equip it via CAS.
To do so, you'll need to enter CAS full edit mode and access the body and facial feature options, to read more about the cheat visit our guide here.
Once in full CAS mode, equip the smaller horn in the 'Horns' tab and your foal will complete its transformation into a baby unicorn, complete with sparkles and unicorn neighs.
Remember to have fun, these guidelines are intended to help if you want a unicorn in your game but are unsure where to start. Ultimately you can create them to look however you like! Stay tuned here at GGRecon for more Sims 4 tips and tricks.
- Check out our guide on how to train horses in The Sims 4 Horse Ranch, complete with a list of all skills and the best ways to max them out.