The Sims 4 September 26 patch notes, from Home Chef updates to bug fixes
In preparation for The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack, the Sims team has released a new September update with patch notes centred around a cooking UI overhaul.
As is usual with a new update, the game has prepared a host of bug fixes ahead of The Sims 4 Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack release later this month.
For a full list of the most important Sims 4 patch notes including bug fixes, a cooking UI overhaul and more, see our full explainer below.
- Check out our list of the best Sims 4 mods and vamp up your playtime with CAS, gameplay mods and more
The Sims 4 September 26 patch: Recipe menu overhaul
One of the larger aspects of this update will overhaul the current recipe menu in The Sims 4. Now, when you instruct a Sim to cook in an oven, recipes will be sorted into the following categories:
- All recipes
This is a great quality-of-life adjustment to the game that will make it infinitely easier to locate the recipe of choice, especially if your Sim has specific dietary needs.
- For more Sims 4 content, visit our guide to all Horse Ranch cheats and instantly max out your riding and Nectar Making skills
The Sims 4 September 26 patch: Cupcakes
Along with the recipe menus, cupcakes will now be available to cook via an oven or fridge and toddlers will now be able to enjoy them.
Before now, cupcakes were only available to make if your Sim owned a cupcake machine, the ' Whipped Dream Cupcake Factory'.
Now, you're Sims will be free to enjoy a cupcake without having to set aside a large amount of living space for the colossal cupcake factory machine.
- For more Sims 4 tips and tricks, see our list of all Sims 4 Parenthood cheats and instantly max out character values
The Sims 4 September 26 patch: All other cooking adjustments
In preparation for the Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack, cooking has generally been given an overhaul in The Sims 4.
More attention has been directed to food quality and how it is affected by your Sim's cooking level, mood and appliance quality.
Players who also have Cottage Living and Get To Work will benefit more from recipes that require specific ingredients to make.
Additionally, as per the official patch notes, child Sims can now use the Sweet Tooth Ice Cream Machine and appliances will now be transportable through your Sim's inventories.
- For more Sims 4 content, visit our guide to all Sims 4 relationship cheats and instantly max out any friendship or romantic interest
The Sims 4 September 26 patch: Bug Fixes
As well as the game tweaks mentioned above, the new patch will implement the following bug fixes:
- Garden plants should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt.
- Visual effects for Sim Traits in CAS have returned.
- Trash Fruit will now properly grow from any pile of trash outside, no matter its source.
- Sims will once again receive calls and invitations from other Sims and NPCs.
- Vegetarian Sims should no longer grab meals that upset their stomachs when using the “Get Leftovers“ interaction.
- Multiple recipes have been updated to be properly flagged as Vegetarian-Safe
- Bees will no longer become Enraged or Irritated after applying Mite Treatment.
- Photographs taken following the patch will no longer turn black when stored in the Storage Box.
- Multiple recipes have been updated to properly recognise vegetables for recipe ingredients.
- Now your Sims can make more informed choices on if they want to suffer the consequences of eating dairy when they are Lactose Intolerant.
High School Years
- Fewer invitations to become BFFs with other Sims.
- Ranch Hands now stay hired until you dismiss them.
- Riders going from using Horse Barrels or Horse Jumps to doing something on foot no longer sometimes linger on horseback.
- When using the Sugar Kane Popcorn Popper, Sims will now have visibility into what Cooking skill level they must reach to be able to prepare the various popcorn recipes.
That rounds up our guide of all the major patch notes for the September 26 Sims 4 update. For more Sims tips and tricks, visit our guide to all infant milestones in the game, our guide on how to enter CAS full edit mode, or simply visit our main Sims homepage.