Fortnite v23.20 Patch Notes
The Fortnite v23.20 patch notes are here for everyone to read, and there are some pretty big additions arriving. From a new grenade type to an all-new recon drone, there's plenty to be excited about with the Fortnite Chapter 4 midseason update. Keep reading to learn all about what's new in the Fortnite v23.20 patch notes.
Fortnite v23.20 Patch Notes
Falcon Scout And Bush Bomb
The v23.20 update sees the addition of the Falcon Scout drone in Fortnite Battle Royale. Capable of soaring high into the sky, this will be an invaluable tool for reconnaissance, especially when choosing whether or not to engage in a fight.
If you're skilled with it, the Falcon Scout can also be used for utility while in a fight too. Pick up downed players to either finish them off from a height or transport them to safety for a hasty revive. Click here to learn more about the Falcon Scout.
There's a new grenade in town with the Bush Bomb. This new item is capable of sprouting cover out of nowhere and is capable of blocking line of sight in a pinch. Click here to learn more about the Bush Bomb.
New Reality Augments
There are five new Reality Augments that players can equip during matches. Two of them are Siphon abilities, which is a returning mechanic from old Limited Time Modes. Click here to learn more about Siphon in Fortnite.
Here are all of the new Reality Augments added to Fortnite in v23.20:
- Shotgun Striker - Shotguns give siphon on hits against players.
- Rarity Check - You gain siphon on eliminations with common or uncommon weapons.
- Peely's Plunder - Receive a treasure map that will lead you to buried treasure.
- Zero Chance - Temporarily gain the Zero Point dash ability each time you break an enemy's shield.
- Danger Hero - Briefly regenerate Health and gain movement speed when your Shield breaks.
Hired Characters Hitch A Ride
Fortnite v23.20 fixes a huge oversight that has bugged players for ages. Hired characters are now capable of riding along as passengers in vehicles, so there's no need to leave them behind any longer. Helsie and Raptorian the Brave will certainly thank you for bringing them along for the ride!
While new Reality Augments are arriving in Fortnite Battle Royale, not all of them are coming to competitive playlists. Epic Games has decided to leave 'Rarity Check' out of the Augment pool in competitive matches. It will only appear in standard lobbies.
- Is the Pump Shotgun back in Fortnite? Find out here.
Major Bug Fixes
Fortnite v23.20 brings with it a host of bug fixes that should hopefully improve gameplay. Here are all of the issues that should now be fixed:
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Deku Smash in Battle Royale/Zero Build. The Deku Smash has been re-enabled in Battle Royale/Zero Build.
- Fixed issues related to mantling in which players would sometimes be flung across the map.
- Fixed an issue in which, in some instances, sprinting would be disabled for the duration of a match.
- Reality Augments can again be unlocked from teammates.
- Players can again damage objects with their Pickaxe consistently.
- Players are now able to select Reality Augments while on a Dirt Bike.
- Players can now use the Guardian Shield while on the back of an OG Bear pick-up truck or a Dirt Bike.
That's everything you need to know about the Fortnite v23.20 patch notes. For more Fortnite guides, keep reading GGRecon.