Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Augments: What are they and how to use
You may want to know the new Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Augments, as a series of new ones have been added, with prior ones removed for the latest season. Fortnite has excelled as one of the biggest games on the planet for so long due to Epic's dedication to refreshing the content, with Chapter 4 adding more than ever. So, if you need to know the Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 Augments, we've got you covered.
- We also have everything you need to know about dealing damage with a Chicken Peck in Fortnite.
What Are Augments In Fortnite Chapter 4?
If you’ve played other online shooters, you may be used to gaining perks and upgrades for your character. It’s a common feature and one that Fortnite hasn’t really adopted up until this point. However, with Augments, that all changes in Fortnite Chapter 4.
Augments allow you to equip a buff or perks to your character at regular intervals throughout the map. You’ll be presented with two and be forced to pick one or the other. If you’re not happy, you’re allowed one free re-roll to try for another two perks. These will last the entirety of your Fortnite game and perhaps give you an edge in victory.
How To Use Augments In Fortnite Chapter 4
To use Augments is really simple. At certain times of the match, normally after a key event such as the storm coming in, you’ll notice an icon on the right-hand side of the screen. This is accompanied by a button prompt, such as right on the d-pad for controller users. Press this, and you’ll be presented with the Augments screen.
Here, you must make a choice out of two possible Augments. You can re-roll for free once per match, but any further re-rolls will set you back some gold bars. Once you’ve made your choice, the Augment will last until the end of the Fortnite match.
You’ll have multiple opportunities to equip Augments throughout the match, so be sure to keep an eye on the screen and use the feature as soon as it charges up and becomes available to use.
All Augments Available In Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2
As Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 begins, there are 16 Augments to choose from. They will be randomly rolled for each player throughout the map, meaning the number of combinations available is nearly endless.
If you want to know every single augment available in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2, they are as follows:
- Dumpster Diving - Loot will spawn nearby when you leave a hiding place.
- Treasure Hunter - Nearby chests are marked for the first time when you enter a POI.
- Slap Surplus - Find a Slap Juice in every chest you open.
- Munitions Slide - Gain medium ammo while sliding.
- Medium Ammo Amp - Your weapons using medium ammo will have an increased magazine size.
- Shotgun Recycle - Weapons using Shotgun ammo will have a chance to not consume ammo when firing.
- Dignified Finish - Eliminations refresh a cooldown for the Kinetic Blade's Dash attack.
- Light Fingers - Reload light ammo faster.
- Sniper Surplus - Sniper Rifles gain one extra ammo in its magazine.
- Aerialist - Gain the ability to deploy your glider.
- Chug Gunner - Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Jelly Angler - Receive a fishing rod that only catches Jellyfish.
- Bloodhound - Enemies hit by a Marksman Rifle or Bow are briefly marked.
- Shadow Striker - Become able to find Shadow Bombs from containers.
- More Parkour - Your energy regenerates briefly after mantling or hurdling.
- Keymaster - Grants two keys for opening Holo-Chests.
As Fortnite Chapter 4 continue with more seasons, we imagine more Augments may be introduced, and some may be taken away, but we’ll be sure to update this guide in the event of any further changes.
If you want to learn more, here's everything you need to know about Fortnite Chapter 4.