How To Adopt Pets In Fire Emblem Engage
Fire Emblem Engage pets add a much-needed dose of cuteness to what is ultimately a very brightly coloured game about the horrors of war. Fire Emblem Engage allows you to populate the Somniel with some furry friends that you find out in the world.
Adopting pets is quite simple, and even has some gameplay benefits. Here is how to adopt pets in Fire Emblem Engage.
- For more tips, check out Fire Emblem Engage growth rates explained.
Fire Emblem Engage Pets: How To Adopt
The basics of adopting animals in Fire Emblem Engage are quite simple. When you complete a battle, you will be able to walk around the battlefield. You can gather items and talk to people, but also you can find animals. They are marked on the map by an orange dot. Approach any animals you find and interact with them to adopt them.
Not all animals are available straight away. First of all, you need to complete Chapter 4 before you can adopt any animals at all. Even then, there are animals that only become available through making donations to other nations. Reaching level 2 in donations with another country will unlock their animals for adoption.
- Click here to learn how to unlock all outfits in Fire Emblem Engage.
Fire Emblem Engage Pets: What To Do With Them
Once you have adopted some animals, you need to return to the Somniel. Visit the Stable to view all of your adopted animals. Among them, you can choose five to bring out into the open. This will allow them to graze and wander in the Farmyard.
This serves a purpose beyond just being adorable. The animals you have in the Farmyard will provide items each time you return to the Somniel. Below is the list of possible pets and the items they provide.
- Elyosian Sheep - Milk
- White Hop Rabbit - Berries
- Hop Rabbit - Berries
- Eastern Freecat - Salmon
- Western Freecat - Salmon
- Southern Freecat - Salmon
- Northern Freecat - Salmon
- Firenese Cat - Cod/Carp
- Brodian Cat - Herring
- Elusian Cat - Cod
- Solmic Cat - Eel
- Calisson Chicken - Egg
- Aura Eagle - Mutton/Chicken/Pork/Beef
- Iris Owl - Tomato/Berries
- Panna Camel - Beans/Wheat Flour/Spices
- Elyosian Pigeon - Nuts
- Elyosian Seagull - Nuts
- Elyosian Dog - Iron Ingot/Steel Ingot/Silver Ingot
- Black Elyosian Dog - Iron Ingot/Steel Ingot/Silver Ingot
- White Elyosian Dog - Iron Ingot/Steel Ingot/Silver Ingot
- Mére Donkey - Rare Vegetable
- Rutile Marmot - Rare Fruit
- Vervain Deer - Rare Vegetable
- Tartu Flamingo - Rare Fish
That is everything you need to know on how to adopt pets in Fire Emblem Engage. For more on the game, check out our guide on how to change difficulty in Fire Emblem Engage.