Fire Emblem Engage All Stats Explained
Fire Emblem Engage stats are arguably the most important thing in the whole game. Fire Emblem Engage is a tactical combat game, meaning everything hinges on the stats, equipment, and abilities of your units.
Stats are broken down into two categories that you need to be mindful of, character stats and weapon stats. So let's break down all the stats and what they mean in Fire Emblem Engage.
- To get your fashion on, check out how to unlock all outfits in Fire Emblem Engage.
Fire Emblem Engage Character Stats
Character stats are the individual qualities of your units. Each one must be trained and levelled up individually, and as they do their stats will increase. These are the stats that each character has, and what they mean.
- Overall Health (HP): The unit is defeated if this reaches 0.
- Strength (STR): Affects damage the unit deals with physical attacks.
- Magic (MAG): Affects damage the unit deals with magical attacks.
- Dexterity (DEX): Determines the hit rate and frequency of critical hits.
- Speed (SPD): Contributes to Avoid Rate (AVO). If greater than or equal to the foe's Spd+5, the unit strikes twice.
- Defence (DEF): Reduces damage from physical attacks.
- Resistance (RES): Reduces damage from magical attacks.
- Luck (LCK): Has various effects, including lowering the risk of enemy criticals.
- Build (BLD): Prevents heavy weapons from slowing attack speed.
- Movement (MOV): Determines how many spaces a unit can move.
Which stats are important to which character is dependent on the character's class, Speed is needed for the Thief class, and Defence is useful for Paladins.
- Check out our guide to help you prepare for the Fire Emblem Engage Tempest Trials.
Fire Emblem Engage Weapon Stats
The other side of the coin is weapon stats. These stats work much in the same way as the character stats do, they apply to the character that equips the weapon. The main difference is that they are easily changed around by swapping weapons.
The list of weapon stats, and the effects they have on your units, is as follows:
- Avoid Rate (AVO): Determines the odds of evading an attack.
- Critical Rate (CRIT): Determines the odds of landing a critical hit.
- Dodge (DDG): Determines the odds of avoiding a critical hit.
- Hit Rate (HIT): The unit's attack power using a magic weapon.
- Magical Attack (MAG ATK): The unit's attack power using a magic weapon.
- Physical Attack (PH ATK): The unit's attack power using a physical weapon.
- Range (RNG): The distance from which your unit can attack an enemy unit.
All of these stats combined are what make your allies more or less effective in battle. You must make sure to level them up and equip weapons that benefit their stats to get the most out of your units.
That is it for our Fire Emblem Engage stats breakdown. For more on the game, check out our Fire Emblem Engage birthdays guide.