How to get Belle & the Beast in Disney Dreamlight Valley: Secret passage, Key Pieces, Candlestick Disguise & more
As per the Enchanted Adventure update, you can now get Belle and the Beast in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
If you're eager to welcome the new residents, stick with us and we'll tell you how to unlock Belle and the Beast in Disney Dreamlight Valley, how to complete both the 'Into the West Wing!' and 'A Prince in Disguise' quests, plus more.
As you work to recruit the pair, you'll need to complete many different objectives like getting a Candlestick Disguise, finding a secret passage, Key Pieces and more.
Join us as we go through all the steps needed to welcome Belle and the Beast to the game.
- Check out our guide to the weekly premium shop reset and see what's available to buy in Disney Dreamlight Valley this week
How to unlock Belle in Disney Dreamlight Valley
To unlock Belle in Disney Dreamlight Valley you'll first need to open the Beauty and the Beast realm in the Dream Castle for 12,500 Dreamlight.
The door can be found on the second floor, below the golden Mickey statue within the Dream Castle.
Luckily, you don’t need to have unlocked all previous doors on the lower levels to access the Beaty and the Beast Realm, so feel free to unlock it ahead of other doors if you're itching to meet the characters.
Once you spend the Dreamlight to unlock the realm, the quest 'Into the West Wing!' will commence. You must finish both this quest and the subsequent 'A Prince in Disguise' quest to unlock the pair. See below for a full rundown of both quests.
- Check out our Disney Dreamlight Valley best recipes list with the easiest 3, 4 & 5-star recipes to cook listed
How to find the secret passageway in The Beauty and the Beast Realm
Once you've followed the flying book to the library, you'll meet Belle who needs help collecting all the flying books causing havoc.
There are a total of five flying books to collect, they will be outlined in gold. To get them simply get close enough to interact with them, which will put them into your inventory.
Speak to Belle, who will reveal that she and the Beast had an argument, he has now locked himself in the West Wing. To access the wing and speak to him you'll need to search the library for a secret passage.
To find the secret passage, you'll need to fix the broken ladder by finding the broken pieces. The pieces are in the following areas:
- One on each table (left and right of the doorway)
- One left of a book stack behind the green couch
- One in front of the bottom left window next to a log stack
- Two pieces next to the Mrs. Potts tea tray
In total, you should have two wheels and four broken ladder steps. Once you have all the pieces, interact with the broken ladder in the bottom right corner of the room. It will move across and reveal a secret passage.
- Check out our guide on how to get all Emerald Bottles in Disney Dreamlight Valley, a step needed to get the Rainbow Fox companion
How to make the Candlestick Disguise in Disney Dreamlight Valley
To progress the quest and speak to the Beast, you'll need to dress as a staff member, to do so, Belle needs the following materials: Castle Candles, Castle Candle Holders and a Golden Curtain.
You can find the materials in the following locations within the realm:
- Castle Candle one – This candle is placed on a table to the bottom left of the library.
- Castle Candle two - The second candle is located just within the secret passage, on top of a barrel
- Castle Candle three - From the library walk down the corridor, turn left, then right, then left again to enter the gardens. Turn left from the garden stairs and you'll see a candle sitting on top of a workbench, beside some boxes
- Castle Candle four - From the main portal into the realm, another candle will be placed on a table opposite the grand piano.
- Castle Candle Holder – Return to the main West Wing door, there will be two stone lions on either side of it. Opposite the right lion will be a chair with The Castle Candle Holder on top of it
- Golden Curtain – A roll of Golden fabric is placed on the table in the library to the left of the globe, next to the gramophone.
Once collected, return the materials to Belle who will make you a Candlestick Disguise, enabling you to speak to the Beast.
- Here's how to unlock Vanellope in Disney Dreamlight Valley to gain access to DreamSnaps
How to make the Enchanted Canvas in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you've spoken to the Beast, you'll find out that he was angry after seeing Belle look at the old portrait of his human self. To help the situation you must make an Enchanted Canvas of the Beast as he is now.
To make the painting you'll need the following materials:
- Softwood x12 – Can appear in Kristoff's Stall, be foraged from removing small and large tree stumps or from the floors of the Plaza, Peaceful Meadow, Forest of Valor and Glade of Trust biomes
- Fiber x8 – can be made from Seaweed at a crafting table, Seaweed can be fished from any open body of water
- White Daisies x3 – found within the Peaceful Meadow biome
- Garnet x2 – can be mined from rock spots in either the Plaza or Peaceful Meadow biomes
- Dream Shard x4 – Can be found from feeding Critters their favourite foods, digging sparkling holes across the valley and removing Night Thorns
Once you have the above materials, you'll just need a happy memory from Belle to complete the spell and make the artwork.
Make the Enchanted Canvas at a crafting station and return to Belle in the Beauty and the Beast Realm.
How to find the Key Pieces in Disney Dreamlight Valley: Lumiere's clues
Although you've helped secure Belle, you'll need to complete the 'A Prince in Disguise' quest to recruit them both to the valley. To do so you must find the Key Pieces Lumiere has hidden. This will unlock the Enchanted Mirror and give the Beast a glimpse into the perfect gift for Belle.
The Key Piece can be found by following Lumiere's riddles, the pieces should be in the following locations:
Key Piece location
Hidden in a hot spot
Within the fireplace in the library. To get the Key Piece, use your watering can on the fire.
Hidden in a place where silence roars
The Key Piece is located within the left lion statue outside of the West Wing main doors. Break the statue with your pickaxe to retrieve it.
Hidden in a thorny place
In the centre of the maze in the garden, underneath the streetlamp and besides the rose bushes. Retrieve the Key Piece by digging up the glowing spot with your shovel.
Once you have all three Key Pieces, return to The Beast and open the chest inside the West Wing to retrieve the Enchanted Mirror.
- Check out our guide to the new Disney Dreamlight Valley Cozy Edition which includes $50 worth of Moonstones, physical and digital items and more
How to make a Book Kit for Belle in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you have retrieved the Enchanted Mirror as part of the 'A Prince in Disguise' quest, you'll need to craft a Book Kit for Belle. The Book Kit recipe is as follows:
- Fiber x20 - can be made from Seaweed at a crafting table, Seaweed can be fished from any open body of water
- Purple Falling Penstemon x3 – found from foraging in the Plaza. Four can be found within the biome, each will respawn after 30 minutes.
- Empty Vial x1 – Made at a crafting station from three pieces of Glass, Glass is made from combining Sand and Coal Ore
- Ask a Villager for a Feather – you can ask Scrooge McDuck, usually he'll be in his shop in the Plaza
Once you have the items needed, craft the Book Kit at a crafting table and bring it to the Beast. Your job isn’t over however, you'll need to gather some grooming supplies to help clean the Beast up for his apology to Belle.
Where to find the Beast's Grooming Items in Disney Dreamlight Valley
You can find the Beasts Grooming Items in the following areas within the West Wing:
- Beast's Brush – in the glowing storage chest, behind the main door into the West Wing (next to the harp)
- Princely Cologne – on the side table underneath the Enchanted Canvas of the Beast and Belle
- Princely Shampoo – on the side table next to the bathtub
Once you've prepared the Beast for his apology and listened to it, all that’s left to do is to place the Beast's castle in Dreamlight Valley and recruit them.
Placing the Beast's Castle in Dreamlight Valley will cost 20,000 Star Coins. Once placed and paid for, you can welcome Belle and (after a brief back and forth) the Beast to your valley.
That rounds off our guide to everything you need to know to get Belle and the Beast in Disney Dreamlight Valley. For more tips and tricks, check out our Disney Dreamlight Valley codes page to get free Moonstones in the game or refer back to our main Disney Dreamlight Valley page.