How to get Vanellope in Disney Dreamlight Valley & this week's DreamSnaps
We've got everything you need to know about Dreamsnaps this week, including how to get Vanellope in Disney Dreamlight Valley to unlock the DreamSnaps challenge and how to earn votes in this week's photo challenge - getting you some Moonstones in the process.
We'll go through the process of unlocking Vanellope and the DreamSnaps mode in-game as you won't receive it straight away. So, if you're eager for more Moonstones and to meet the sweet-toothed princess, make sure to continue reading below for everything you need to know.
- For more tips on how to get Moonstones in Disney Dreamlight Valley, check out our weekly shop reset guide here with everything you need to know
Where to find Vanellope in Disney Dreamlight Valley
To get the first Vanellope quest in Disney Dreamlight Valley and activate the DreamSnaps feature, you must first visit Scrooge McDuck, who can usually be found within his store.
Once you speak with him, he will direct you to the Dream Castle as he believes he saw a ghost there whilst rooting around for treasure rooms.
To find Vanellope and start the DreamSnaps quest, simply travel to the Dream Castle and find Vanellope hanging out on the top floor, next to the gold Mickey fountain.
- Be sure to also check out our guide to all Disney Dreamlight Valley codes and get free Moonstones
How to unlock Vanellope in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Speak with Vanellope, who will inform you that her glitch ability is acting strangely. She thinks that taking a photo and sharing it 'on the network' will help ground her into this reality. This will start the 'Faith, Trust and Pixel Dust' quest.
This will also lead you into the DreamSnaps challenge. The premise of the challenge is relatively simple: each week you'll get parameters for a photo, which you must then meet to earn rewards.
To recruit Vanellope, you must simply complete the DreamSnaps tutorial and then place Vanellope's house in the Valley for 4,000 Star Coins.
You will then be free to give gifts, befriend her, and complete her friendship quests in return for unique rewards.
- For more Disney Dreamlight Valley tips and tricks, check out our guide on how to complete the Bibbidi Bobbidi Oops quest
How to unlock the DreamSnaps challenge
The first DreamSnaps challenge will ask you to take a photo that includes furniture and clothing items marked with the 'Playful' and 'Familiar' filter styles. For extra points, you can also include items marked with the 'Modern' and 'Wreck-It Ralph' tags.
Once the initial Wreck-It Ralph DreamSnaps is complete, you'll have access to the first official DreamSnaps challenge which will change weekly.
How to filter items in Disney Dreamlight Valley
You can see which categories your furniture and clothing fall under by choosing the following options:
- Open your inventory
- Select Wardrobe or Furniture
- Select the 'Filters' button on the top right of the inventory tab
- This will bring you to a list of filters, select the ones you wish and then click the back button
- You will see a list of items in your inventory that falls into the categories you have selected
- You can select the 'Reset' button at any time to reset the filters you have selected
You can buy furniture and clothing from Scrooge McDuck at his store. You'll notice that when you click on any of his products it will show the various tags they have underneath the object image.
- Eager for more Disney Dreamlight Valley content? Check out our guide to the next update 5 here
How to submit a DreamSnaps photo in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you have decorated an area (either outside or inside) with the required objects, enter the selfie mode as usual and take a photo. Next, open the DreamSnaps menu (the D key if playing on PC).
- This will bring up a menu checklist of your objects in the photo and will ask you if you wish to submit it as your DreamSnaps entry. Press the T key to confirm and 'Submit'
- You can check the status of your entry by navigating to the DreamSnaps menu
- To do so open up the main menu, press the 'Event' tab, then click the DreamSnaps tab on the left side of the screen
Players who participate in the DreamSnaps challenge can earn a minimum of 300 Moonstones per week, with extra Moonstones available depending on your ranking within the challenge. You can also earn an additional 50 Moonstones per week by voting for your favourite participants.
What is this week's DreamSnaps challenge? (October 18)
DreamSnaps refreshes each week, offering players the chance to earn a new round of Moonstones by entering the competition and voting on other participants.
This week, starting October 18, 2023, the DreamSnaps challenge is a decor competition. The theme is 'Bedroom Beauty' and is geared towards showcasing an elegant bedroom filled with princess decor.
It requires you to take a photo including the following furniture items:
- Five items tagged as 'Bedroom'
- Four items tagged as 'Elegant'
For a bonus, you can choose items with the 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'Lavish' tags. See our above section on how to filter items to make this easier when narrowing down choices.
For this challenge, you'll want to make sure you visit Scrooge McDuck and find anything related to Belle, choosing classic Disney princess items to showcase. You can also pose with the furniture in your best princess dress, although this won't count towards the mandatory tags, it may help set you apart from the competition.
For information on different camera poses and top tips to score better in DreamSnaps, see the section below.
- If you're a fan of Disney Dreamlight Valley, check out our list of the best cosy games to play this year, including farming sims, life sims and more
Tips for DreamSnaps challenges
If you're struggling to fit the theme, remember these top DreamSnaps tips:
- You can take a photo both inside and outside of the Valley
- Wallpapers and Floor tiles don’t count towards the theme (for furniture challenges)
- The easiest way to make sure you have met the requirements is by filtering out furniture or clothing pieces
- Once you have met the DreamSnaps requirements, you can then place or wear items you like
- Try to use items you've collected from Scrooge McDuck rather than quest items or pieces you've earned from Disney Companions. All players will receive those pieces so it’s a good idea to use new furniture and clothing they may not have seen before to set you apart from the crowd
- You can also change the photo angle when in photo mode by clicking the V key if on PC
- You can also click the T key to capture more of the image instead of the preset square photo border and change the facial expressions or even get your character to hold a pet (this is particularly useful for outfit challenges to show more of the clothing)
- Remember to click on the 'Voting' tab underneath the Current Challenge section and vote on last week's entries. Doing so will get you upwards of 50 free Moonstones so it's worth doing!
- To have the companion posed in your photo, select 'V' to change the camera mode when taking a photo, then select the pawprint option on the first photo tab. This will pose your character with their critter companion
As well as earning Moonstones, participating in the DreamSnaps weekly event will get you exclusive clothing items and Pixel Dust.
Earning Pixel Dust will advance you on the Pixel track which operates in a similar way to most Disney companion friendship tracks. Each level you advance will get you either more clothing or Moonstones.
That rounds off our comprehensive guide of everything you need to know about the DreamSnaps challenge and how to get Vanellope in Disney Dreramlight Valley. For more tips and tricks, visit our Disney Dreamlight Valley homepage.