How to solve the Power Puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake
The Power Puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake is a centralised lock system in the laboratory area of the game. The labs have limited power, meaning you'll need to transfer power between consoles to unlock different doors for exploration.
The goal of this Resident Evil 4 Remake puzzle is to unlock the doors in a certain order and pick up security access in each level until you have level 3 access, needed to get to the Holding Cell and free Ashley.
To find out how to solve the Power Puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake and get level three access, read here.
- For more Resident Evil 4 Remake tips, check out our guide on where to find the rare Rhinoceros Beetles in the Resident Evil 4 Remake.
How to solve the Dissection Power Puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake
Starting at chapter 13 of the game, head towards the Power Control room which houses the Power Control Lever (just below the Dissection lab). This is the central power control which you must activate before re-rooting. Make sure you obtain the file on the desk here as well as it will lay out the order you must acquire the key cards.
Pull the level and walk to the power console outside the Dissection lab doors. Once you're at the console you'll need to connect the top left power icon to the power supply in the middle by moving the power switch and the different connectors.
There are lines that make three squares to the centre power, each line will light up when connected to the power.
Power Puzzle Solution
- For the first outer line, press the power button three times.
- For the next line, move the bottom power button to the next position to the right and press it twice.
- For the third line, move the bottom left power switch to the right again and press it three times for the last lines to connect. It should result in the image above.
- Slide the power button to the far right and press once to connect the power.
Enter the lab and pick up the level one key card from a medical table at the back of the room.
- For more Resident Evil 4 Remake tips, check out our guide on all weapons in the Resident Evil 4 Remake and decide which is the best to suit your playstyle.
How to solve the Freezer Power Puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake
Once you have taken the first key card from the Dissection lab, you must travel back to the Power Control lever and switch it to the Freezer section.
Avoid the Regenerator in the hallway, you won't be able to kill it easily just yet before picking up a thermal scope.
Travel to the Freezer section (left of the Dissection lab) and interact with the card reader at the back of the room. You'll need to insert your level one key card to allow the machine to upgrade it to level two. A Regenerator will spawn, and you'll need to survive long enough for the card to process.
Either skirt around the edges of the room to avoid it or try to shoot it. If you shoot it in the chest with a shotgun, it may reveal the glowing parasites within it which you will need to target to permanently kill it.
There is also a power console in this room which will unlock a supply room and a new gun. To unlock the console, you must press the following:
Power Puzzle Solution
- For the outer line, press the power button twice.
- Next, move the button to the second position and press it twice.
- Move the button to the third position and press it three times.
- Move the button to the fourth position and press it three times.
- Move the button to the last potion and press it once to connect the power.
Now, enter the supply room and pick up the LE 5 Submachine Gun.
- For more Resident Evil 4 Remake tips, check out our guide on how to get Spinel in the Resident Evil 4 Remake which included methods other than Blue Posters.
How to get to the Incubation Lab in the Resident Evil 4 Remake
To get level three access and complete the level, you need to now walk to the Incubation lab. To get there, return to the Power Control lever and switch it back to the Dissection lab. Then, walk directly straight from the room it is located and switch the lever next to the metal grate to raise it.
Now, switch the Power Control switch again so the power is connected to the Freezer section.
Walk to the locked level-two door, right of the Merchant's stall on the map.
Proceed through here and defeat the enemies. Walk to the Incubation lab and pick up the report in the back office. It will become clear that you'll need to find a wrench to fix the power unit that will give you level three access.
The wrench is located within the Regenerator body to the bottom right as you initially walk through the doors. Dispatch it (using the thermal scope found in the back room) and collect the wrench.
You can avoid the other Regenerators leaving their tubes here if you kill the main one quickly enough and avoid it swiping at you near the other tubes.
Once you have the wrench, fix the card reader machine, and get yourself level-three access. You will need to survive a wave of enemies whilst the access clears. Afterwards, you should be all set to free Ashley and continue the story.
- For more Resident Evil 4 Remake tips, check out our guide on solving the Hexagon puzzle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake.