Lost Ark July 2023 patch notes: Kakul-Saydon Inferno mode, Elgacia epilogue, updates, bug fixes & more
The Lost Ark July 2023 update is finally on the way, and among the latest content roadmap, there are several new updates and bug fixes to help your gameplay run smoother. In this update players will get to enjoy a new Legion raid Inferno mode, the Elgacia epilogue, and more as the Summer hits its peak.
Lost Ark has remained fresh with consistent content updates since it launched, adding new continents, islands, end-game content, and much more. Smilegate has kept this energy into the summer of 2023, with the game set to see some of the biggest additions since launch.
If you're looking for a breakdown of the Lost Ark July 2023 update, we've got you covered - so read on for more.
- Make sure to also check out our explainer of the Lost Ark May 2023 update and all its content.
Lost Ark July 2023 update explained
The Lost Ark July 2023 update is the third big update highlighted on the summer roadmap, and it will introduce a new Legion raid, the epilogue to the story on Elgacia, the Music Box of Memories, and some quality-of-life changes. Read on for all the details.
Kakul-Saydon Legion raid Inferno mode
The Kakul-Saydon Legion raid will finally get an Inferno mode version, allowing you to attempt the raid at a much higher difficulty. The raid will require item level 1475 and a full build in the Book of Coordination before you can take part.
Obviously, as an inferno mode raid, the rewards are also massively overhauled, letting you earn titles, achievements, Stronghold structures, and more.
While the Elgacia continent will be added as part of the Lost Ark June 2023 update, the epilogue quests will be released a month later, letting you visit key characters and familiar faces from around Arkesia after the events of the new story.
Music Box of Memories
A unique addition to the Lost Ark July 2023 update is the Music Box of Memories gadget. It can be played with a new type of collectable called a Memory Orb, allowing you to experience new stories from the inhabitants of Arkesia.
The Music Box of Memories forms part of a quest to help you receive the following items:
- Music Box of Memories' Toy
- A new Music Box of Memories NPC 'Leviyan'
- 17 Achievements, 8 Titles
- 10 Jukebox Songs
Start your journey for Memory Orbs through the guide quest Poet’s Letter after completing the following:
- South Vern's world quest 'An Invasion of Chaos'
- East Luterra's normal quest 'A Song to Remember'
- East Luterra's normal quest 'The Blue Bird of a World Gone Mad'
- East Luterra's adventure quest 'Your Savior'
- Achievement 'Magick in Melody'
With this in mind, your hunt for the Memory Orbs will be music to your ears.
With all-new attractions and the promise of sun, sun, sun, the Maharaka Festival is back, just in time for Summer. Running through July and August, you will be able to make the most of the attractions and see those Mokokos run!
- The materials to craft Relic Brelshaza Gear (Upper Tier 3 Relic Gear) will be removed. Instead, players will be able to earn “Phantom Intentions”, the crafting material for Brelshaza Ancient Gear, from Normal difficulty. Rewards will improve for both Normal and Hard modes.
- Based on these changes, upper Tier 3 Relic Gear cannot be crafted.
- Any Phantom Horns in your inventory will be replaced with an equal amount of Phantom Intentions sent through your Universal Storage.
- If you own Brelshaza Relic Gear that is affected by this change, it will be replaced with Brelshaza Ancient Gear:
- If you have Brelshaza Relic Gear in your inventory and don't have sufficient inventory space, you will receive your new ancient gear in the mail.
- If you were equipped with Brelshaza Relic Gear before the July 12th maintenance, you will need to have sufficient inventory space before you can receive your new gear. If you did not receive your gear due to insufficient inventory space, you will receive it after you make room in your inventory and log in again.
Your replacement gear will maintain the following information from your old gear:
- Honing Level
- Set Level
- Honing Information (Artisan’s Energy, Honing XP, increased success rate from honing fail)
Crafting requirements for Brelshaza Ancient Gear have been changed as follows:
- Before: Reach item level 1540 and “Phantom Shard Remnants” achievement Level 1
- After: Reach Item Level 1490 and "Kill the Legion Commanders and leave the gear behind” achievement Level 1
- If you're looking for more on Lost Ark, check out the developers breaking down the roadmap for the Summer updates.
Lost Ark Updates & Bug Fixes
Among the gameplay and story updates for Lost Ark in July 2023, there is also an assortment of bug fixes and updates to progression and more that will have your game running like a dream.
These notes are sourced directly from the Lost Ark news updates, and the full updates and patch notes can be read here as well.
Progression Updates / Progression Support
Arcturus's Touch (which gives additional clear rewards, and “View More” rewards for Legion Raids) will be extended to Kakul-Saydon and Brelshaza Normal / Hard.
- Arcturus' Touch is applied up to 5 times to characters who have cleared each Legion Raid and gate.
- Arcturus' Touch is applied up to 5 times to additional clear rewards and View More rewards, and the applicable mount gets deducted per loot.
- You can check if Arturus’s Touch is applied in the Expected Rwds at the Legion Raid entrance UI.
Basic Honing Growth Boost extended up to 1490.
- Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19 basic honing success rate increases by 5%
- Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 20 basic honing success rate increases by 3%
- Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19 - 20 Gear XP requirements decreases by 50%
- Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19 - 20 Honing material and price required decreases by 40%
- Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19 - 20 Gold price honing cost decreases by 100%
To further help players below item level 1490, the Mokoko Buff level cap will be extended from item level 1475 to 1490. (Mokoko Challenge level also extended accordingly).
- Mokoko Buff 1 is now under item level 1445 (previously 1415):
- Damage to monsters increases by 20%.
- Damage from monsters decreases by 40%.
- Mokoko Buff 2 is now item level 1445 to 1489 (previously 1415 to 1444):
- Damage to monsters increases by 15%.
- Damage from monsters decreases by 30%.
- Buff period for New and Returning players will be reset to 90 days.
- Added Wandering Merchants in East Luterra/ Yorn / Feiton to make it easier for players to collect key stepping stone cards, such as Balthorr, Delain Armen, and Jederico.
Countless bards sang of a mysterious island and its island soul. Adventurers believe the island to be real — in this quest, you discover Moko Island, battle the evil witch Babayaba, and earn rewards. Moko Island includes:
- Moko Island Coin and Coin Exchange NPC
- 4 Achievements, 3 Titles
- Mokoko Seed added
- Island Soul added
- 3 Toys
- New addition: Summer Trail Theme
Market / Auction House Trade Restriction Change
For your convenience, the following changes have been made to Market/Auction House restrictions:
- Increased the daily add-item registration limit from 40 items to 100 items.
- Decreased the purchase cooldown from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated the daily log-in reward track.
- Battle items will now be roster bound. Now Battle Items will have 2 types; Tradable or Non-Tradable. Battle Item stackable amount will increase from 999 to 9999.
- Players will no longer need to use Pheons to move ability stones and accessories to other characters within the same Roster. However, moving an item within the Roster will count against number of trades for that item.
- Updated some of the visuals around Anikka.
- Added an Unparticipating Party Report Feature. We've been receiving reports of players trying to sell gold by using other players' nicknames and party names. This feature will allow players to report these violations
- Players can now use character-report feature in Party Finder to a report a specific character in a party and violating parties even if they're not in the party.
- Party Finder > Select Party > Context menu opens upon right-clicking Party Details. 'Report' pop-up then opens when selecting the 'Report' button on the context menu.
- The Balthorr Raid Event will end with the start of the Maharaka Festival.
- Fixed an issue where the push-to-talk hotkey occasionally unbinds when switching to the AZERTY keyboard layout.
- The loading screen will now display the correct swimsuit skin sale end date.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ark Pass Celestial Power Weapon Glow Effect to not appear on the Slayer class.
- Fixed an issue that caused the CVAA - Game Entry Narration to provide incorrect accessibility settings information.
That's our breakdown of the Lost Ark July 2023 update, and now you know all the new continents being added, such as the Kakul-Saydon Inferno mode, and the Elgacia epilogue.
Why not also take a look at the locations of the Lost Ark Wandering Merchants? They have some of the best wares in the game.