Lost Ark Stone Cutting Guide

Lost Ark Stone Cutting Guide
Images via Smilegate

Written by 

Tarran Stockton


22nd Feb 2023 14:11

Our Lost Ark Stone Cutting guide covers the Ability Stone system, which are powerful items that provide players with non-class specific Combat Engravings to make them more powerful.

Lost Ark has a plethora of systems, both in the main story and during the end-game, where players can upgrade their characters, improve their power, and become more generally efficient at whatever tasks they decide to take part in. Ability Stones are a major part of this that's worth learning, so check out our Lost Ark Stone Cutting guide for an explanation of how it works.

  • You may also want to know how to find and complete the Lost Ark Gate of Harmony, which offers strong rewards upon completion. 

Lost Ark Stone Cutting Guide

Lost Ark Stone Cutting Guide
Click to enlarge

When you find an Ability Stone, you won't be able to equip it until you take it to a Stone Cutter in a city. They are denoted by the blue diamond icon on the map, and can be found in every major city in the game.

Ability Stones themselves can be found from a few sources, but are mostly obtained as rewards for finishing daily or weekly activities. Here are some other sources of Ability Stones:

  • Abyssal Dungeons
  • Auction House
  • Chaos Dungeons
  • Field Bosses
  • Guardian Raids
  • Pirate Coin Exchange

It's worth noting that before you begin the process of cutting a stone, make sure you want to keep the stone, as once you begin the stone will be bound to you forever, meaning you cannot trade it. 

The rarity of your Ability Stone is also important to how many Engraving Points you can have in total. The more points, the more powerful the Engraving, so it's always worth it to use the higher-tier stones.

Here's a breakdown of how many points you can put into different stones:

  • Rare Ability Stone - 6 points
  • Epic Ability Stone - 8 points
  • Legendary Ability Stone - 9 points
  • Relic Ability Stone - 10 points

As for the cutting process itself, once you have your Ability Stone and have found the Stone Cutter you can begin. Each initial attempt at adding a point to a stone has a 75% chance to succeed, and if it's successful, the success rate of the next attempt lowers by 10%, raising by 10% if you instead fail. Each try also consumes silver.

We suggest always focusing on your main Ability Stone and Engravings when you have a 55% chance or higher, and when it's 45% or lower, we suggest focusing on the Malus Stat instead. This ensures you can get the most powerful Engravings more consistently.

That's all for our breakdown of the Lost Ark Stone Cutting process, and now you should understand how to get Ability Stones, where to take them for cutting, and how you can make them more powerful.

Looking for some world bosses to battle? Check out where to find the Lost Ark Signatus location.

Tarran is a Senior Guides Writer at GGRecon. He previously wrote reviews for his college newspaper before studying Media and Communication at university. His favourite genres include role-playing games, strategy games, and boomer shooters - along with anything indie. You can also find him in the pit at local hardcore shows.

Lost Ark Roadmap Part 3 2023: Souleater class, Prime Island Battle Royale & more
Lost Ark July 2023 patch notes: Kakul-Saydon Inferno mode, Elgacia epilogue, updates, bug fixes & more
Lost Ark June 2023 update: Elgacia continent, new dungeon & more
Lost Ark May 2023 update: New Slayer class, progression changes & more
Lost Ark April update: Release date, new content, & more