Apex Legends Season 14 Weapon Buffs And Nerfs
If you hope to succeed in Apex's new season, you'll need to review the Apex Legends Season 14 weapon buffs and nerfs. A large portion of the Apex Legends loot pool has been reworked to better balance the weapons in Season 14. Some oft-neglected guns got buffed, while others got taken down a notch. With that said, let's overview all of the Apex Legends Season 14 weapon buffs and nerfs.
- The reforged Apex Legends Kings Canyon in Season 14 is a great spot to test out all of these weapon buffs and nerfs.
Apex Legends Season 14: Weapon Buffs
The EVA-8 may be the biggest beneficiary of Season 14. This fully-automatic shotgun now has less recoil, can be equipped with stocks, shoots faster, and does more damage. With these upgrades, the EVA-8 may be the go-to shotgun of Apex Legends Season 14: Hunted.
- Recoil improvements.
- Now takes stocks.
- Removed 1 pellet from the blast pattern.
- Fire rate increased to 2.3 from 2.0.
- Pellet damage increased to 7 from 6.
- Bolt rate of fire bonuses increased.
- White: 1.1 to 1.1.
- Blue: 1.15 to 1.2.
- Purple: 1.2 to 1.3.
Apex Legends players will soon learn to fear the 30-30 Repeater following these Season 14 buffs. Not only is the Dual Shell Hop-Up built in for faster reloading, but the 30-30 Repeater can also now equip the Skullpiercer Rifling Hop-Up. This lever action rifle is sure to be a favourite of sharpshooters.
- Dual Loader has been worked into the base 30-30 Repeater.
- Now takes Skullpiercer Rifling.
Bocek Compound Bow
The Bocek Bow is a Care Package weapon in Season 14, and with that, it's getting a significant buff. Those lucky enough to encounter this one-of-a-kind weapon will enjoy its increased damage and draw speed.
- Damage at full draw increased to 70 from 60.
- Tempo draw speed increased to 0.38 from 0.32.
- Shattercaps pellet damage increased to 12 from 11.
- Fired arrows can no longer be collected.
- Arrow spawns have been removed from the floor.
Like the Bocek Bow, the Rampage LMG is now reserved for Care Packages. The Supply Drop version of the Rampage LMG does increased damage and comes with a Thermite Grenade built-in or Revving Up.
- Damage increased to 28 from 26.
- Rampage comes with a Thermite Grenade.
To make the LSTAR a bit more viable, its projectiles shoot faster in Season 14, and you can shoot more shots before it overheats.
- Increased projectile speed.
- Increased number of shots before overheating at base to 24 from 20.
- Removed bright red flashes when hitting non-armoured targets.
The RE-45 gets some love in Season 14 to bring it more in line with Apex's other pistols.
- Increased iron sight FOV to 70 to be consistent with other pistols.
- Increased strafe speed by 5% to be consistent with other pistols.
To keep the Sentinel competitive, the Deadeye's Temp Hop-Up is now automatically built into it.
- Deadeye’s Tempo has been worked into the base Sentinel.
- Apex Legends Vantage features her very own sniper that no one else can use.
Apex Legends Season 14: Weapon Nerfs
SMGs and Assault Rifles have been nerfed across the board in Season 14. Now, hip-firing these weapons is less effective.
- Base hip-fire spread increased.
- Base hip-fire spread increased.
After spending Season 13 in Care Packages, the Volt SMG is back in the standard loot pool. Of course, its damage has been tuned down to compensate.
- Damage reduced to 15 from 17.
Players might find it more challenging to manage the CAR SMG's recoil in Season 14, as it no longer takes barrel attachments.
- No longer takes barrel attachments.
The G7 Scout emerges from the Supply Drop in Season 14 and is back up for grabs amongst the standard loot pool. While not as strong as its Care Package version, the G7 Scout is still ferocious in the right hands.
- Damage reduced to 34 from 36.
- Headshot multiplier reduced to 1.75 from 2.0.
- Double Tap hop-up burst fire delay increased to 0.4 from 0.375.
In an effort to counteract the Wingman spam and make conserving ammunition a priority, Apex's iconic hand cannon now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
- Wingman now uses sniper ammo and magazines.
Season 14's Spitfire uses light ammo and magazines, plus features extra vertical recoil.
- Recoil adjustments to increase vertical barrel climb.
- Spitfire now uses light ammo and magazines.
You'll discover that the Mastiff shoots slower and reloads slower in Season 14: Hunted.
- Projectile growth reduced.
- Base fire rate reduced to 1.1 from 1.2.
- Dual Loader removed.
- Learn how to get Legend Tokens in Apex Legends so you can unlock Season 14's new legend, Vantage, for free.
Apex Legends Season 14 | Weapon Buffs And Nerfs: Grenades And Equipment Adjustments
The Arc Star deals less damage on direct sticks to armour and no longer slows enemy aim after sticking. However, to offset the former changes, Arc Stars deals extra damage upon detonation in Season 14.
- Reduced stick damage on armour to 10 from 40.
- Remove aim slow on stick, remains on detonation.
- Detonation damage increased to 75 from 70.
These slight adjustments should make Sniper ammo more prevalent.
- Sniper ammo inventory stack increased to 28 from 24.
- Sniper ammo boxes now contain 14 rounds instead of 12.
Double Tap and Skullpiercer are back in Season 14, while Deadeye's Tempo and Shatter Caps have been removed from the loot pool.
- Double Tap
- Adds burst fire mode to EVA-8 and G7 Scout.
- 35% headshot damage increase on Longbow, Wingman and 30-30 Repeater.
- Removed Deadeye’s Tempo & Shatter Caps from floor loot.
- Boosted Loader has been reduced to Epic quality from Legendary.
Apex Legends Season 14 Weapon Buffs And Nerfs: Additional Balance Updates And Changes
This new attachment for SMGs and Pistols makes hip-firing more accurate.
- New attachment to replace barrels for SMGs and Pistols.
- Reduces hip-fire spread.
- G7 Scout returns to the floor.
- Volt SMG returns to the floor.
- Bocek Compound Bow enters the crate.
- Rampage LMG enters the crate.
- Wingman returns to the floor.
- CAR SMG returns to the floor.
- Devotion LMG enters the crafter.
- RE-45 + Hammerpoint combo enters the crafter.
- Fabricate loot on demand with Apex Legends Crafting.
Gold Weapon Rotation
- Longbow DMR, G7 Scout, Mozambique, R-99, Hemlok
Backpack Gold Perk
- New Perk: Deep Pockets.
- Deep Pockets: Large medical supplies stack higher in your inventory.
- Batteries and Medkits now stack to 3 in inventory.
- Phoenix Kits now stack to 2 in inventory.
Knockdown Shield Gold Perk
- New Perk: Apex Legends Guardian Angel Perk (Previous Backpack Perk).
- Self Revive removed from the game.
- Added Blue attachments to possible spawns.
- Added Laser Sights to the pool.
- Reduced spawn rate of gold magazines.
As you can see, the list of Apex Legends Season 14 weapon buffs and nerfs is quite lengthy. However, familiarising yourself with what has changed is key to getting the upper hand on the opposition. Check out these balance adjustments in-game when Apex Legends Season 14: Hunted goes live on August 9, 2022, at 6pm BST.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 features legends not available in other versions of Apex Legends.