Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: New Legend, Maps, Modes, And More
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2, subtitled Distortion, is now here, and it comes with a lot of changes to usher in the new season, including a brand-new Legend, two maps, two game modes, and much more. Apex Legends Mobile has done well since its launch earlier in 2022, setting itself apart from the original game with some unique characters and maps, and allowing players to take the hero-based battle royale action on the go. So take a look at our breakdown of Apex Legends Mobile Season 2 and all its new additions.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: Rhapsody
Rhapsody is the latest Legend to join the cast as an Apex Legends Mobile exclusive character. She's a DJ who rose from the dangerous nightlife of the Neon Dunes, and comes with a handy little companion bot called Rowdy. Here are her abilities:
- Passive: Gifted Ear - Picks up and visualises sounds from an extended range.
- Tactical: Hype Anthem - Play a powerful track that speeds up nearby squadmates and recharges shields. Taking damage ends the effect.
- Ultimate: Rowdy's Rave - Rowdy projects a wall of flashing lights that blocks incoming sight and scans.
There are also a number of Legend Progressions Perks to earn, which are:
- Volume Control - Squadmates affected by your Tactical temporarily gain Gifted Ear
- Sound Bleed - Occasionally see nearby 3D sound visualisations effects through walls.
- Tuned In - Continuous running increases the range of Gifted Ear.
- Reverb - The more squadmates your Tactical affects, the longer it lasts.
- Harmony - Your Tactical increases the speed of revives and the effect of healing items.
- Rowdy's Rhythm - During your Ultimate, squadmates standing near Rowdy reload faster.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: Maps
For the second season, there is a brand-new Deathmatch map called Pythas Block 0, which takes place on a corporate-owned campus. The famous King's Canyon map has also now been added to the mobile version, with some collectible VIP tickets for a Rhapsody concert littered around.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: Modes
Two new game modes have also been added with this season, called Gun Game and Hack. Gun Game is pretty much what you would expect, with players working their way through different weapons after getting kills, with the goal of reaching the most points or earning three melee kills.
Hack is a team mode where two teams face off as Hackers vs Defenders. The Hackers need to work together and hack one of two sites on the map to earn points, while the Defenders have to stop them. After reaching a certain amount of points, the Hackers can activate an orbital satellite and kill all the Defenders, winning the game.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 2: Events
Three different events have also debuted with this new season, these are:
- Town Takeover: Encore Galore - The carrier Encore Galore has arrived at King's Canyon, painted tip to tail with neon paint almost as loud as Rhapsody's music. Land on Encore Galore for awesome loot and a chance at finding a VIP pass.
- Rhapsody LIVE - Complete challenges in-game to earn special Rhapsody posters to commemorate this brand-new Legends arrive in the Apex Games.
- Conqueror of Kings - Explore King's Canyon and complete missions in specific locations of the map to obtain rewards.
Along with all the stuff we have listed above, there are is a new battle pass for the season and a Distortion seasonal shop with cosmetics to purchase.
That's our breakdown of Apex Legends Mobile Season 2, and now you know what all the new additions are, including the new Legend Rhapsody.