MW2 Knockout Mode Explained
MW2 Knockout Mode is a brand-new game mode available for the first time in Call of Duty. Modern Warfare 2's Knockout Mode combines aspects of 2v2 Gunfight and Warzone to create a frantic but also strategic way to play MW2. With that, let's dive into the nitty-gritty of MW2 Knockout Mode.
- Knockout is one of many Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer game modes.
MW2 Knockout Mode: How To Play
Knockout Mode is a team-based objective mode that revolves around a bag of Cash situated in the centre of the map. The team holding the bag when time runs out wins the round. The first team to five rounds wins the match.
Running over the bag of Cash captures it for your team, but anyone equipped with the Cash will be revealed on the minimap as long as they have possession of the package. You can drop the bag freely at will.
Similarly to Search and Destroy, MW2 Knockout is a round-based mode with respawns disabled. However, you can revive downed teammates in Knockout. With this in mind, teams can also win rounds by eliminating the enemy team in its entirety.
- Which of the Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer maps is your favourite playground for Knockout?
MW2 Knockout Mode Tips
Below are some general tips for success in MW2 Knockout Mode:
- Considering that you only get one life per round of Knockout, players will want to approach the game with a tactical mindset. Stick with your teammates and use everything at your disposal — including Equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks — to take down opposing players. You start fresh each round, so don't be frugal with your supplies.
- Focus on eliminating enemy players first, then grabbing the bag of Cash. The bag of Cash sits marked in the open centre of the map, and with that, it'll likely be heavily guarded. Running in and grabbing the bag while the opposing team is at full strength is usually a death sentence. Instead, clear the area before grabbing the bag and retreating.
- Along the same lines as the above tip, Knockout is a numbers game. While holding the Cash is the primary objective, you can win rounds by simply eliminating the other team. And likewise, you can lose rounds if everyone on your team falls. Having the numbers advantage is massive in MW2 Knockout, so emphasise staying alive and reviving teammates whenever possible.
- When it's time to grab the bag of Cash, make sure to retreat to a fortified position with your teammates. You're a sitting duck while holding the Cash, but your squad can protect you or at least finish off your killers. Also, dying out in the open on your lonesome will put your team in a bad spot, as the enemy can then grab the bag and set themselves up to defend it.
- It can be difficult to resist the allure of the Cash but don't be afraid to let your opponents grab the bag first. Holding the bag leaves a target on your back and reveals you to the entire enemy team. You can use this to your advantage by letting the enemies make their position known, then hunting them down from angles that they'd least expect.
MW2 Knockout Mode is an exciting new addition to Call of Duty where winning relies on teamwork and strategy. Getting tired of regular old Team Deathmatch? Give MW2 Knockout Mode a try!
Interested in what else is new in Modern Warfare 2? Check out MW2 Invasion Mode.