MW2: All Equipment, Field Upgrades, And Perks
Modern Warfare 2 features a slew of equipment, Field Upgrades, and Perks to customise your Multiplayer Loadouts with. While guns are the main focus of firefights in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, equipment, Field Upgrades, and Perks can sway the tide of battle. Below is a list of all the equipment, Field Upgrades, and Perks in Modern Warfare 2.
- More interested in the guns? In that case, check out the Modern Warfare 2 weapons list.
Modern Warfare 2 Tactical Equipment
You might not get many outright kills with tactical equipment, but these utility items can be a great asset on the battlefield.
New Modern Warfare 2 Tactical Equipment
- Under the guise of a new name, the Shock Stick is basically the Shock Charge from Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Call of Duty: Black Ops III. The Shock Stick is an electrical device that sticks to surfaces and electrocutes enemies, destroys equipment, and causes vehicles to go haywire.
Returning Modern Warfare 2 Tactical Equipment
- The Spotter Scope is essentially a portable rangefinder, able to spot and mark enemies from a distance. The Spotter Scope does not produce scope glint, so you can use it undetected.
- A Call of Duty classic, the Flash Grenade blinds and deafens targets.
- Popular in Multiplayer and Warzone, the Stun Grenade slows the victim's movement and aiming.
- A must-have in objective modes, the Smoke Grenade deploys a smoke screen that blocks vision and automated targeting systems.
- The Snapshot Grenade will reveal enemies in smoke and other low-visibility areas for your squad.
- Love it or hate it, the Heartbeat Sensor is back in Modern Warfare 2. The Heartbeat Sensor is a limited-use tablet that displays rough information about nearby enemies. Now that it runs on a battery charge, Heartbeat Sensor users must be selective about when they pull this piece of tactical equipment out.
- The controversial Stim returns in the latest iteration of Modern Warfare 2. The Stim is described as a military injection that heals the user for maximum health over two seconds. You can still use weapons while injecting a Stim.
- Confuse and disorient enemies with a counter-intel grenade that simulates gunfire, movement, and radar signatures.
- Force the opposition out of cover with a Gas Grenade that releases a lingering cloud of tear gas and causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
Modern Warfare 2 Lethal Equipment
As the name suggests, lethal equipment is lethal. Lethal equipment items are great accessories when a gun just won't do the trick.
New Modern Warfare 2 Lethal Equipment
- Flush your foes out of their hiding spots with a Drill Charge that buries into surfaces before exploding. The Drill Charge is also great against vehicles.
Returning Modern Warfare 2 Lethal Equipment
- A Proximity-activated explosive mine commonly used near objectives or to fortify a power position.
- Everyone's favourite cookable fragmentation grenade.
- An incendiary device that explodes on impact, best used for burning enemies or denying access to an area.
- A Large explosive that sticks to surfaces and can be detonated remotely. C4s are great for setting up traps or as a surprise, on-the-go explosive that can be activated mid-air.
- A timed sticky grenade that can latch onto vehicles, enemy tech, or walls.
- A retrievable knife capable of one-hit kills in the hands of an accurate Operator.
- Similar to a Claymore, except Proximity Mines are more effective against vehicles but easier for infantry troops to dodge.
- An explosive incendiary device that sticks to surfaces and deals damage over time while also clouding vision.
- What type of tactical and lethal equipment you should use depends largely on which Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer maps you're on and which Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer game modes you're playing.
Modern Warfare 2 Field Upgrades
Field Upgrades are extra pieces of equipment, or abilities, that you earn mid-match. Field Upgrades are diverse, with options for every type of player.
New Modern Warfare 2 Field Upgrades
- Battle Rage is an experimental stimulant that when injected, health regenerates quickly, tactical equipment is resisted, and Tactical Sprint is constantly refreshed.
- A trip mine, that when activated, emits a sound wave that simulates Stun Grenade effects like disoriented vision and slowed movement.
- A team-based loadout crate that every player on the team can use once. This Field Upgrade is best suited for modes like Ground War where mission objectives change at a moment's notice and dying isn't as frequent.
- A remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. When left unattended, the Tactical Camera will warn of nearby enemies by emitting sound.
- Call in an army of drones to deploy a wall of smoke at a targeted location.
- When activated, this proximity mine deploys a human-like decoy to fool enemies.
- Deactivates electronics and disrupts enemy sensors in the immediate area for a brief period.
- Ammunition that applies bonus damage against armoured targets such as vehicles, equipment, body armour, and targets behind penetrable cover.
Returning Modern Warfare 2 Field Upgrades
- Ballistic cover that can be deployed anywhere on the fly.
- Marks a location as your next spawn point. The Tactical Insertion Field Upgrade doesn't have an effect in one-life modes.
- Autonomous defence system that destroys up to three pieces of airborne equipment and projectiles. Some larger targets may take multiple shots.
- A deployable device that emits a periodic radar ping to detect nearby enemies.
- Resupply you and your teammates with a box of ammo and equipment.
- A remote-controlled drone that has manual and automatic marking capabilities.
- Silence your footsteps temporarily. Kills with guns, melee, or throwing knives refresh the duration.
- Movement is more important than you might think in Modern Warfare 2. Find out how to dive and slide in Modern Warfare 2, plus how to slide cancel in MW2.
Modern Warfare 2 Perks
Perks in Modern Warfare 2 have been revamped completely. In Modern Warfare 2, you design your Multiplayer Loadouts with Perk Packages. Each Perk Package comes with two Base Perks, a Bonus Perk, and an Ultimate Perk. Bonus and Ultimate Perks aren't available right away either — you have to earn them during a match.
In non-round-based modes, Bonus Perks are awarded four minutes into the match, while Ultimate Perks are earned eight minutes in. However, every ten points you earn toward your score via kills, assists, objective play, etc., will shave a second off the timers.
Modern Warfare 2 Base Perks
- Carry two Primary Weapons.
- Doubles the duration of Tactical Sprint and increases crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Reduce the effect of enemy Flash, Stun, EMP, Gas Grenades, and Shock Sticks. Immune to Snapshot Grenades.
- Resupply ammunition and throwing knives from fallen players.
- Reduces damage taken from non-Killstreak explosives. Reset fuse timers when picking up live grenades.
- Enemy players leave behind a footprint trail, and enemy death markers are visible. Kill markers hidden from the enemy team.
- Throw equipment farther and see a preview highlighting the trajectory.
- Pretty straightforward, Extra Tactical allows you to spawn with an additional piece of tactical equipment.
Modern Warfare 2 Bonus Perks
- Spawn with an additional piece of lethal equipment. Equipment recharges over 25 seconds.
- Spot enemy equipment, Field Upgrades, and Killstreaks through walls. Aiming down sights highlights them for the team. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- Undetectable by AI targeting systems, and thermal optics. Does not trigger enemy High Alert Perk warnings. Makes users immune to enemy Tactical Cameras, Recon Drones, and Spotter Scopes.
- Reload, use equipment, and swap weapons faster.
- Killing players triggers health regeneration immediately. Capturing and holding objectives increases health regeneration rate.
- Reduces flinch when aiming down sights and extends Hold Breath duration.
Modern Warfare 2 Ultimate Perks
- Vision pulses when spotted by an enemy player outside of your view.
- Undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Reduce Killstreak cost by one kill. Reduce Scorestreak cost by 125.
- Store an additional Field Upgrade charge. Increase Field Upgrade charge rate by 40%. When earned in-game, you'll immediately get a Field Upgrade Charge.
- Last Stand is back! On death, enter Last Stand with the ability to self-revive once per life. Teammates can revive downed players faster.
- The minimap is zoomed out, allowing for a wider view of the immediate area. UAV and Radar pings reveal the enemy's direction. When earned in-game, all enemies will be pinged on the minimap for a moment.