League Of Legends PBE: How To Install And Play
You may know that League of Legends has a PBE, but do you know how to install and play it? Not only is League of Legends a tenured game, going on 13 years of existence, but it's a hefty one as it has tons of champions and items to learn. Thanks to this, the universally agreed upon “rules” and way to play the game can get pretty intense.
A good way to get ahead of the curve, ahead of the possible new meta, is by utilizing the League of Legends Public Beta Environment, or PBE, a server apart from the actual live servers that allow players to test out and play new patches before they go live.
Not only is it a great way to make sure you don’t get surprised in the next coming update but it’s also a great way for the developer over at Riot Games to gain feedback.
Knowing this, here’s a guide on how to download and install the League of Legends PBE.
- Looking for games to play that are just like VALORANT? Give our top 10 list a read.
How To Create A League of Legends PBE Account
Before downloading the League of Legends PBE client, players must first confirm if they are eligible or not.
They can do this by following these steps:
- Visit the PBE signup page and click “Log In”.
- Log In with your Riot Games account.
- Click on “Check my Eligibility”.
- Once logged in, the page will refresh and you’ll find out if you’re eligible or not.
- If eligible, move on to the next step, the PBE account-making process.
It’s worth noting that if you’ve been banned or have had chat restrictions in the past, your chances of becoming eligible aren’t very high. Additionally, you must have Honor Level Three.
- Is Project L free to play? Find out here.
How to Download League of Legends PBE
Once you’ve checked if you’re eligible, it’s time to begin downloading the League of Legends PBE. Just like downloading any other game or program, you’ll have to go down a checklist of steps.
Here’s the rundown:
- On the same PBE page click on the corresponding downloading link. There will be one for Windows and one for Mac.
- Once you’ve downloaded the client, click on the League of Legends PBE icon should have shown up on your computer.
- Just like regular League of Legends, login, but this time with the account you just created.
- Click on the arrow next to the “Play” button and select League of Legends PBE from the menu.
- Let it install any updates, and that’s it!
Once it’s downloaded and installed, you’ll be able to test out all of the new patch changes, skins, and more, all before they hit the live servers.
For more League of Legends guides, keep reading GGRecon.