League of Legends update 13.19 patch notes & all Worlds 2023 balance changes
The League of Legends update 13.19 patch notes are here, and we've got the list of all balance changes coming in the final patch before Worlds 2023.
These changes aim to create the most balanced meta for the Worlds 2023 tournament. As such, a lot of the focus is on champions who need some attention when it comes to the pro scene for the game.
The patch is also introducing new ranked restrictions and ping adjustments as well as a brand new skin line, the La Ilusión skins. Keep reading to find out everything that's changing with LoL's 13.19 patch notes!
- Here are the previous patch notes for LoL patch 13.18
League of Legends 13.19 patch notes: Champions
Here's a list of all balance changes in League of Legends update 13.19. There are a lot of buffs and nerfs here ahead of the Worlds 2023 tournament, including changes to Briar, Azir, Rek'Sai, Lee Sin and more.
Q - Conquering Sands
● Cooldown: 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 seconds ⇒ 14/12/10/8/6 seconds
● Attack Speed Growth: 2.5% ⇒ 2.3%
Q - Head Rush
● Logic Update: Q is now properly tagged as an attack reset for interactions like Hail of Blades
W - Blood Frenzy
● Show Me the Fury: Added a Fury Bar to display the remaining duration of Frenzy
● Tooltip Update: W - Blood Frenzy's tooltip now clarifies that casting W does not remove or replace the empowered Blood Frenzy granted by R.
W - Snack
● Healing: 35/42.5/50/57.5/65% ⇒ 36/42/48/54/60%
● Increased Damage Against Minions and Monsters: 20% ⇒ 10%
● Maximum Percent Missing Health Damage Against Minions and Monsters: 500 ⇒ 400
● Bugfix: Fixed a bug that caused the percent missing health damage to be able to critically strike.
● Slow Down There: Added a short minimum cooldown after casting Snack Attack to prevent double casts with high haste builds.
E - Chilling Scream
● Bugfix: Fixed a bug where knocked back enemies would sometimes not be stunned after hitting player-created terrain.
R - Certain Death
● INCOMING!: Pinging R now tells teammates which enemies are in range.
● Bugfix: Fixed a bug where Briar would become stuck attacking the wrong targets if Certain Death's target died during the cast time.
Challenges: Briar is now properly tagged as a Noxian champion for Challenges.
Item Recommendations: Briar's recommended items have been updated.
Rune Recommendations: Briar's recommended runes have been updated
R - Hero's Entrance
● Cooldown: 200/180/160 seconds ⇒ 180/160/140 seconds
R - Cannon Barrage
● Cooldown: 180/160/140 seconds ⇒ 170/150/130 seconds
● Upgrade - Death's Daughter Slow: 60% for 1 second ⇒ 75% for 1 second
● Upgrade - Raise Morale Movement Speed: 30% for 2 seconds ⇒ 40% for 2
R - Curtain Call
● Minimum Physical Damage: 50/125/200 (+25% total AD) ⇒ 64/154/244 (+25% total
● Attack Speed Ratio: 0.625 ⇒ 0.4
● Attack Speed Growth: 1.4% ⇒ 2.2%
● Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 ⇒ 2.7
● Mana Growth: 55 ⇒ 25
● Mana Regeneration Growth: 1 ⇒ 0.8
W - Distortion
● Magic Damage: 75/115/155/195/235 (+60% AP) ⇒ 75/115/155/195/235 (+65% AP)
E - Ethereal Chains
● Magic Damage from Initial Cast: 50/70/90/110/130 (+30% AP) ⇒ 50/70/90/110/130 (+35% AP)
● Base Armor: 34 ⇒ 36
W - Iron Will
● Lifesteal and Spell Vamp: 5/10.5/16/21.5/27% ⇒ 10/14/18/22/26%
E - Tempest
● Magic Damage: 35/65/95/125/155 (+100% AD) ⇒ 35/60/85/110/135 (+100% AD)
W - Ring of Frost
● Root Duration: 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds ⇒ 1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65 seconds
Nunu & Willump
E - Snowball Barrage
● Magic Damage per Hit: 16/24/32/40/48 (+10% AP) ⇒ 16/24/32/40/48 (+15% AP)
● Maximum Total Magic Damage: 144/216/288/360/432 (+90% AP) ⇒ 144/216/288/360/432 (+135% AP) (Note: Including the damage upon rooting an enemy, this totals to 164/246/328/411/492 (+215% AP))
● Health Growth: 104 ⇒ 110
W - Ghostwater Dive
● Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds ⇒ 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Passive - Fury of the Xer'Sai
● Maximum Heal when Burrowed: 15-125 (+2-12% maximum health (increases every 3 levels)) ⇒ 10 (+2-10% maximum health (increases each individual level))
Q - Queen's Wrath
● Bonus Physical Damage: 34/38/42/46/50% Total AD ⇒ 30/35/40/45/50% Total AD
W - Burrow
● Bonus Movement Speed: 15/20/25/30 (levels 1/6/11/16) ⇒ 5/10/15 (levels 1/6/11)
W - Un-burrow
● Physical Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 (+80% Bonus AD) ⇒ 50/85/120/155/190 (+80% Bonus AD)
● Base Magic Resistance: 32 ⇒ 28
Q - Dark Sphere
● Magic Damage: 70/105/140/175/210 (+70% AP) ⇒ 75/110/145/180/215 (+70% AP)
R - Spray And Pray
● Missile Speed: 4000 ⇒ 5000
Base Movement Speed: 335 ⇒ 330
- Here's our thoughts on new League of Legends champion Briar
League of Legends 13.19 patch notes: Skins, items, & more
This LoL patch is also introducing new skins, as well as a host of changes to other aspects of the game. Here's everything else changing in League of Legends update 13.19.
- La Ilusión Draven
- La Ilusión Gnar
- La Ilusión Nidalee
- La Ilusión Qiyana
- La Ilusión Renata Glasc
- La Ilusión Ziggs
- Prestige La Ilusión Renata Glasc
Each La Ilusión skin also has its own set of Chromas for purchase, and the following skins are all receiving Tenfold Triumph Chromas in this patch.
- iG Fiora
- iG Kai'Sa
- iG LeBlanc
- High Noon Lucian
- FPX Malphite
- Poro Rider Sejuani
- Obsidian Dragon Sett
- Soulstealer Vayne
- EDG Yuumi
- EDG Zoe
Total Cost: 3000 ⇒ 2700
● Armor: 15 ⇒ 20
Electroshock Damage to Minions: 200 ⇒ 150
- Briar: 100% Healing ⇒ 130% Healing, 100% Damage Taken ⇒ 95% Damage Taken, 100% Damage Dealt ⇒ 105% Damage Dealt
- Galio: 95% Damage Dealt ⇒ 90% Damage Dealt
- Kennen: 95% Damage Taken ⇒ 100% Damage Taken
- Taliyah: 105% Damage Dealt ⇒ 100% Damage Dealt
OS Minimum Spec Update
In LoL patch 13.19 the minimum Mac OS requirement will move to 10.13.6, so players on the previous OS will have to update prior to patch 13.19.
- Ranked Restrictions: Now when receiving penalties for disruptive behavior you can receive ranked restrictions in addition to your other penalties. These keep you from playing ranked game modes until you clear them.
- Reenabling Ranked: Get rid of your ranked restriction by playing 5 games of a non-ranked mode. These queues include Blind Pick, Draft Pick, ARAM, and Rotating Game Modes.
Pinging any allied information on the tab scoreboard and UI now only displays that information to the pinger in the chat and will be designated by [SELF]. This will affect the following pings:
● Allied Portrait (Alive and Time until Respawn)
● Allied Level
● Allied Ultimate Cooldown
● Allied Primary and Secondary Rune Trees
● Allied Summoner Spell 1 and 2
● Allied Item Slots 1-6
● Allied Trinket Slot
The following pings have not been changed and will still be displayed to your entire team:
● Pinging your own information in the scoreboard pings as normal to allies.
● Pinging neutral and enemy information in the scoreboard (dragon timers, enemy
summoner spells, etc) prints out as normal to allies.
● Pinging your own character portrait prints out that value for your team.
- You can now opt into visual notifications for global sound effects in game (Sion Ultimate, Corki Package, Briar Ultimate etc.) This notification will be off by default. When enabled, they will appear next to the kill callouts you're already familiar with.
- You can enable this feature in the "Interface" tab of the game settings menu in a new section called "Accessibility." The option is labeled: "Display Champion Sound Notifications"
Intro Bot PBE Test
New bot AI is being introduced to the PBE server. The first test will only include bots at the introcutory level, and will be waiting in queue on PBE servers for two weeks.
● Fixed a bug that caused Ivern's E - Triggerseed to not apply the second shield if he had Moonstone.
● Fixed a bug that caused Ornn's Passive - Living Forge to not increase his bonus stats by 4% when upgrading additional Mythic items into Masterwork items.
● Fixed a bug that caused Evelynn to be unable to hear her Q cast if it hit the target at max range.
● Fixed a bug where Briar's R - Certain Death leap would inflict AoE damage when the leap is canceled by the mark/dash Summoner Spell.
● Fixed bugged interactions between Briar's R - Certain Death and Tahm Kench and Kalista's ultimate abilities.
● Fixed a bug that caused Karthus's passive form to deal damage to allied teammates when he was slain by Briar in a berserk state.
● Fixed a bug that allowed Briar's R to maintain vision of enemies if Briar was in a revive state.
● Fixed a bug that was causing Briar's R - Certain Death VFX to not play when cast at maximum range.
● Fixed a bug that caused Briar's W dash to cancel existing move commands.
● Fixed a bug that caused Briar's Q to not bring her over walls if the target was standing next to said wall.
● Fixed a bug that caused Street Demon Briar's E SFX to not play correctly.
● Fixed a bug that caused Briar's Passive to be applied by abilities through spell shields under certain conditions.
● Fixed a bug that caused Briar's R true sight to stop working on Yuumi while she was untargetable.
● Fixed a bugged interaction with Briar's W and R that would cause Briar to not be in a Berserk state upon reaching the target and create two explosions under certain conditions.
● Fixed a bug that caused Briar's transition between attacks to her idle animations to not play correctly.
● Fixed a bug that caused Hextech Drake's lightning chain to not trigger while the drake was attacking.
● Fixed a bug that caused First Strike to not grant gold for abilities that had killed a target.
● Fixed a bug that caused First Strike to not grant gold for damage dealt to enemy shields.
● Fixed a bug where First Strike would not grant gold for damage dealt right before the effect ended.
● Fixed a bug where self-casting abilities like Lulu's shield near one of Naafiri's packmates would grant the shield to Naafiri instead.
● Fixed a bug that caused Naafiri's packmates to ignore crowd control effects.
● Fixed a bug that caused execution announcements to play for both teams even if the champion was executed in the Fog of War. Note: This should still play for both teams in situations where a champion is executed by an Epic monster.
● Fixed a bug where the camera would lock for a moment if a player was slain or untargetable during K'Sante's ultimate ability animation.
● Fixed a bug that caused Rift Herald to be able to charge the same tower twice if the original target was destroyed.
● Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Ahri's Q to not properly update its location when returning to Ahri if she was in the Fog of War.
● Fixed a bug that caused Orianna's R - Command: Shockwave to be castable beyond its intended range.
● Fixed a bug that caused Viego to fail to possess enemies within his attack range if he attempted to do so while Berserked.
● Fixed a bug with Unsealed Spellbook where you could get stuck with Unleashed Teleport if it upgraded while you were swapped to it.
● Fixed a bug that caused Jhin to use his homeguards running animation to play instead of his normal running animation.
● Fixed a bug that caused visual issues with Renata Glasc's model if she cast her ultimate ability while she was running.
● Fixed a bug where Duskblade and Heartsteel's effects would not reset upon dying.
● Fixed a bug that caused Bard's R stasis to not stop the drake from moving.
● Fixed a bug that caused Jax's E and R ability VFX to be visible from the Fog of War.
● Fixed a bug that caused Neeko's ultimate ability VFX to be visible from the Fog of War.
● Fixed a bug that caused Yone's E to fail to return him to his original position if he was Bard ulted during a specific time.
● Fixed a bug that was causing Duskblade's granted invulnerability to not correctly interact with other forms of invulnerability.
● Fixed a bug that was causing Warden Jax's cape and shoulder armor to clip with the champion's model during certain animations.
● Fixed a bug where Battle Boss Ziggs' Satchel Charge (W) VFX was cut off on elevated terrain.
● Fixed a bug where Odyssey Ziggs' Satchel Charge (W) VFX was cut off on elevated