Escape Academy Trial By Taste Walkthrough
Our Escape Academy Trial By Taste walkthrough will take you through this dangerous level that sees you poisoned and racing to quickly find a cure. Escape Academy opens up once you save Eel during The Breakout, ushering in the second chapter and allowing you to select from multiple different rooms with various themes and unique challenges. So check out how to complete the Escape Academy Trial By Taste level and get your free milkshake.
Escape Academy Trial By Taste Walkthrough: Getting The Milkshake
Your first objective for Trial By Taste is fairly simple, and you just need to gain access to the milkshake in the kitchen.
- You'll need to collect three Funky Forks to gain access to the milkshake. As soon as you gain control, turn around and wait near the conveyor belt for a plate with the first Funky Fork to appear.
- The second Funky Fork can be found on the counter at the front of the kitchen, in a box with some plates and mugs.
- For the third Funky Fork, start by taking the Fire Extinguisher from the left wall. On this same wall, there is also a chart for the different timings that food requires in the microwave. Look for the timing for Unidentified Meat, which is 3:35.
- Once you've acquired the forbidden microwave knowledge, head to the microwave and input "335" to start it. Due to one of the Funky Forks being inside, it will be set on fire. You can use the Fire Extinguisher to put out the fire and then grab the last fork.
- With all three forks, make your way to the counter at the front again, and use them to open the locks on the food dome. Use the second fork you picked up on the left-most padlock, the first one on the middle padlock, and the last fork on the right-most padlock.
- Once it's open, take the food dome off and drink the milkshake.
Escape Academy Trial By Taste Walkthrough: Exiting The Kitchen
The level pulls a fake out here and tricks you into thinking it's over, however Eel has actually poisoned the milkshake, so you need to find a cure before it kills you. Your first goal is to escape the kitchen though.
- Firstly, interact with the toaster on the kitchen island, which causes it to push out some bread and doughnuts. Make a note of the shapes, and then head over to the freezer door on the right of the room. There is a padlock that requires a code with the right shapes, these are square, hollow circle, hollow half-circle, and square.
- Inside the freezer, walk toward the wall at the end with the poster. On either side are shelves, the left one has an Ice Cube (With Key), while the other has the Kitchen Knife.
- Leave the freezer and go to the stove, where the pan of boiling sauce is. Interact with it and place the Ice Cube (With Key) inside. This causes the ice to melt so you can grab the Small Key.
- Use this key on the door to the left of the front counter to exit the kitchen.
Escape Academy Trial By Taste Walkthrough: Getting The Staff Key
Now you have access to the whole escape room, your goal is to open the staff cabinet.
- Firstly, take a left out of the kitchen and go to the big poster on the wall that says "today's specials!" Interacting with this causes it to move to the side, revealing a triangle with some buttons. To find the code for this section, carefully look at the order of the food on the big poster you just moves, which should be cheese, fruit, meat, and bread. Then go back to the freezer and look at the poster of the food pyramid, you should notice that the buttons on the triangle match with the different food groups. You should have put two and two together, but if not, the button order is top, right, top, and bottom.
- Putting the right code in causes some shutters to open, revealing a dumbwaiter. Interact with it to sit inside, and flick the switch on your left to go down. You will come to an office, and through the grating you can pick up the Staff Key from a coat. Now head back up.
- You can use the Staff Key to open the staff cabinet which is opposite the kitchen and has various ingredients inside.
Escape Academy Trial By Taste Walkthrough: Getting The Antidote
Now you can figure out how to find the details for creating the cure for the poison.
- Start by heading down the nearby stairs toward the fireplace. On the left there will be a table with a cake on it. Use the Kitchen Knife on the cake to cut off a slice, which reveals some colours inside. The order is red, yellow, pink, and blue.
- To the left of the cake table is another table with a present on top, and a padlock on the present. You will notice the padlock has various shapes of different colours. The shapes aren't important, but the colours are the key to unlocking it. Use the colours you just got from the cake in the step above, and it will open up. Take the Encyclopedia of Poisons from inside the gift box.
- Now to the right of the table with the cake you will see a fireplace. Interact with this and use the Fire Extinguisher to put out the fire. Inside here, you will be able to grab the Dirty Plate.
- Take this plate back to the kitchen, and on the kitchen island there will be a sink that you can interact with and fill with water. Do this, and was the Dirty Plate to get the Cryptic Plate.
- With the new plate, you can head to the staff table (left out of the kitchen) and in the centre there is a spinning pedestal you can interact with. Look at the Cryptic Plate, and you will notice it has instruction on which directions to spin the pedestal. Starting with the arrow pointing forward, spin it 90 degrees clockwise, then 180 degrees anti-clockwise, then finally 270 degrees clockwise, so it points directly at the bottom.
- If you do the previous step correctly, part of the table will raise up, revealing the Antidote Recipe below. Pick this up and then head to the staff cabinet to concoct the antidote.
- Using the Encyclopedia of Poisons and Antidote Recipe together will reveal the exact recipe you need to create the antidote. Interact with the cabinet and create the antidote with the following: one part Belladonna Syrup, three parts Calabar Extract, one part Mineral Water, and then shake it.
- You'll then pour the drink into the glass, and you can drink it to cure yourself and finish the Trial By taste level.
That's all for our breakdown of how to finish Escape Academy Trial By Taste and cure your poisoning.