Logan Paul Defends $1000 Game Boy Color Table Top
Logan Paul is having to defend himself yet again. The streamer came under fire for building his very own resin table-top filled with a number of Game Boy Color consoles. However, he's sticking by his project and spoken out against the disapproval.
The 26-year-old is considered to be one of the greatest boxers of all time. However, he also just happens to be a huge gaming nerd and has often proclaimed his undying love for Pokémon. So much so, he even spent a mind-blowing amount of money on a case filled to the brim with first-edition Pokémon cards, although collectors are worried they could actually just be fake.
He may be able to beat his opponent to a pulp in the ring, but Paul had hearts breaking across the internet when he encased 15 Game Boy Colors under a case of resin to make a table-top. The YouTuber has now voiced his response to the backlash, and it doesn't look like he'll be freeing the consoles any time soon.
What Did Logan Paul Say About His Game Boy Table Top?
Paul shared a TikTok video of him making the Game Boy littered table-top in December 2021, clearly beaming with pride of his new creation. The YouTuber claimed that he'd picked up resin casting during a quarantine and felt inspired to start a project that would pay homage to one of the most classic eras in gaming eras. Not only did the table feature a number of Game Boy Colors caked in resin, he revealed that the table also lit up and changed colour.
However, despite being incredibly proud of the success of his project, Paul was surprised to see some fans were horrified by his new resin epoxy build. There were some fans who were blown away by the piece and showered Paul with support. Yet one fan, who wasn't too keen stated: "For me that is 15 childhood desires, 15 small pieces of gaming history meant to be played not displayed, 15 previous owner's stories... Turning it unusable is disrespectful to its original point of existence." Whereas another said: "Destroying the hardware is just wrong on SO many freaking levels. I mean the chance of some surviving it isn't 0%, but it isn't close to 100% either."
However, the criticism hasn't stopped Paul from showing his pride over building the table-top. Following on from the controversy, he has come forward to defend his console strewn creation which he claims cost $1000 to build.
Logan Paul Defends His Game Boy Table Top
On January 4, Paul joined IMPAULSIVE YouTube channel for a live episode filmed from Switzerland. Around an hour and seven minutes into the video, Paul opened up about the backlash he faced about the table-top. He explained that he picked his resin hobby as a "relaxing" past-time and, at first, was delighted to see his build had been well-received by his fans. However, it was when he noticed he was trending that he knew something was wrong as "you don’t trend for good sh*t, you trend for bad sh*t."
After stating that Game Boy Colors aren't "short supply", Paul said: "I made something I thought was f*cking cool, yet how can I still be making mistakes? This is a simulation for sure, because this is the most ridiculous backlash we've seen in our lives." He continued: "You see someone spend so much time on a project, and yet you feel the need to invalidate it because of some weird niche beliefs you have, not knowing any of my intentions when I'm making this?"
There may be some worries that Paul has potentially ruined 15 Game Boy consoles in order to make his colourful piece of furniture. Yet, it doesn't look like Paul is planning on freeing them any time soon, but rather use it as a way to celebrate some of the most iconic game consoles of all time. However, when it comes to his haters, Paul has promised that his stance for 2022 will be to "kill them with kindness".