How To G-Walk In MW2
Modern Warfare 2 players are already finding tactics to break the game, having spent their time in previous iterations doing the same. Finding ways to mess with the movement mechanics and coming up with your own unique spin is one of the most fun things you can do in multiplayer.
One of the latest trends is something known as the G-Walk, which is spreading like wildfire as more and more players encounter it throughout their lobby. It can be annoying when you come across it, but what if you were able to recreate the movement style yourself? If you want to get ahead of the competition, here’s how to G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2.
- If you're playing another game mode, find out how to kill a commander in Modern Warfare 2's DMZ.
How To G-Walk In MW2
If you’re unaware of what G-Walking actually is, it essentially is a movement style where players can run across the Modern Warfare 2 map leapfrogging or perform worm-like movements to get around. It’s incredibly agile and increases the player’s speed too, meaning it can be hard to take them down if they’re performing a G-Walk
Fortunately, if you’re sick of getting thrown in lobbies where this is happening and want to give your foes a taste of their own medicine, the G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2 is relatively simple to perform. Disappointingly, it’s not something controller players are able to re-enact, but for those of you who want to give it a try on PC, here’s exactly how to perform a G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2:
- Go into your settings and change your sprint settings to Automatic Tactical Sprint.
- In the keybind options, ensure your Scroll Key is a secondary bind for the Prone action.
- Now, when you’re in a match, hold prone.
- Quickly cancel it by sprinting.
- Perform this action as fast as you can to immediately perform the G-Walk.
It may take a few attempts, but eventually, you should be able to get a handle on how to perform the G-Walk in Modern Warfare 2. We imagine this will eventually get patched by Infinity Ward, so if you want to make the most of it, we recommend doing it sooner rather than later.
- We also have a guide on how to appear offline in Modern Warfare 2.