How to open Dark Portal in Disney Dreamlight Valley: Olaf's Cave answers, Purple Potato, more
If you're wondering how to open the Dark Portal within Olaf's Cave in Disney Dreamlight Valley, we have you covered.
We'll take you through all the necessary steps to solve the pedestal puzzle in the cave, open the Dark Portal and get the Purple Potato in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
The Purple Potato is just one of many in the game that you'll need to collect to recruit the rainbow fox, a hidden critter companion.
For more details including how to unlock the Dark Portal and which gemstones you'll need to do so, read here.
- If you also need to collect the Green Potato in the game, check out our guide on how to get all Emerald Bottles in Disney Dreamlight Valley for more information
Disney Dreamlight Valley: Which gemstones to use in Olaf's Cave
Once you've explored the Frosted Heights biome you'll soon come across Olaf's cave, an area where Olaf has been trapped since the Forgetting.
Within Olaf's cave, is The Dark Portal set behind rows of pedestals. To get the portal to speak to you, you'll need to place specific gemstones on all of the pedestals first.
These cannot be Shiny gemstones and must be placed on specific pedestals to follow the order of the rainbow.
The gemstones needed are:
- Amethyst – can be found from mining in the Frosted Heights and Forgotten Lands biomes. This goes on the pedestal to the right, closest to the cave entrance
- Citrine - can be found from mining in the Glade of Trust and Sunlit Plateau biomes. This gemstone needs to be placed on the centre-left pedestal
- Emerald - can be found from mining in the Glade of Trust and Forest of Valor biomes. This needs to be placed on the top right pedestal, closest to the portal
Once you have placed all three gemstones on the pedestals, completing the collection, the portal will now be interactive, and you can continue with the next steps of the quest.
- Can you sell furniture in Disney Dreamlight Valley? See our guide here to find out!
All Dark Portal answers in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Once you have placed all gemstones on the pillars, the Dark Portal will then speak and ask you for a series of words to unlock it.
Below we've listed the correct words in order so you can progress the quest and unlock the Dark Portal, the clue to finding these keywords is hidden amongst ten purple books, scattered around the valley.
- Higitus Figitus
- The Forgetting
Upon selecting the last answer, the portal will complement your studies and drop out the Purple Potato, which is now yours to collect.
To get one step closer to the rainbow fox critter, you can then turn the Purple Potato into a Purple Potion at a workbench when combined with an Empty Vial.
That rounds off our guide to everything you need to know about unlocking the Dark Portal in Olaf's Cave In Disney Dreamlight Valley and getting the Purple Potato. For more tips and tricks, check out our Disney Dreamlight Valley codes page to get free Moonstones in the game or refer back to our main Disney Dreamlight Valley page.
- Check out our guide to the new Disney Dreamligth Valley Cozy Edition which includes $50 worth of Moonstones, physical and digital items and more