MW2 1.11 Patch Notes
As expected with any multiplayer game - or new release these days - Modern Warfare 2 has received a new patch for players to download and use. As millions of players jump into the game, Infinity Ward is quickly tweaking and fixing issues the community faces, and Patch 1.11 brings a sleuth of changes.
While there are a few gameplay tweaks made to Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, the majority appears to be fixing various glitches that fans have complained about since its launch. If you’ve been running into an issue and are wondering whether it’s been rectified, here are all the details for Patch 1.11 in Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2, and DMZ.
- If you want to spruce up your game, check out how to get loading screen backgrounds in Modern Warfare 2.
MW2 1.11 Patch Notes
For the most part, it appears to be squashing bugs in both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, but there are a few gameplay changes made. Firstly, improvements have been made to the camo system, allowing users to use the controller bumpers to navigate between categories. Additionally, a toggle has been added to show which camos are locked and unlocked.
The other changes come exclusively to Warzone 2 and include an increased audio notification when The Jailer appears in the Gulag. Along with this, the Counter UAV and Tactical camera have been removed from buy stations, and there has been a visual upgrade to a Contract activation phone.
As for the rest of Patch 1.11 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, it stomps out a ton of bugs. If you’re curious as to which ones, they are as follows per the official patch notes:
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across the game that allowed players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue with audio occlusion and directional audio.
- Audio occlusion/directional audio has returned to normal levels after an issue with the Season 01 launch.
- Fixed an issue causing some unlocks in the Gunsmith to not track Weapon progression.
- Fixed an issue causing Overkill to allow players to equip the same Weapon as both a Primary and a Secondary.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the correct number of Battle Pass Tokens from appearing on the Battle Pass Menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the Season Countdown Timer on the Battle Pass Menu to not indicate the correct amount of time remaining.
- Fixed various incorrect texts in the in-game interface.
- Fixed various issues resulting in incorrect controller input while navigating menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused players looking down to appear erratic to others.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from launching the game due to GPU compatibility.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Focused Mode to crash the client while the Display Mode was set to Windowed.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation that caused the PlayStation Store icon to remain stuck on screen after experiencing a network error.
- Fixed an issue causing progression for the “Dragon in Downtown” Calling Card to not track.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect Operator icon to appear while navigating to select a custom skin for Kleo.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get kicked back to the main menu when navigating to select the PDSW 528 Armoury while customizing a Loadout.
- Fixed an issue causing an incorrect progression requirement to appear in the Prestige menu.
- Fixed various audio-related issues causing players to hear notifications at times when they should not.
- Fixed an issue causing Platinum Camo unlock requirements to display incorrectly after having unlocked it.
- Fixed various issues causing the camera to shake while spectating another player.
- Fixed an issue causing Operator model hands to appear invisible while ledge hanging.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect Weapon to appear in the player Showcase.
Warzone 2 1.11 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue preventing some Players from hearing others via Proximity Chat.
- Fixed an issue preventing Stickers earned via DMZ Extractions from appearing on Weapons.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation that caused Players to not see Sony profile usernames.
- Fixed an issue causing parachute deployment to crash the game.
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose all control of mouse movement if interacting with a container with Mixed Backpack behaviour.
- Fixed an issue that caused Players eliminated in the Gulag to either spectate the enemy team or spectate from underneath the playable area.
- Fixed an issue that caused Players eliminated in the Gulag to not appear in the Buy Station for squad members to buy back.
- Fixed an issue causing players to skip the downed state and immediately perish despite having an assimilated squad member still alive.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from jumping out of the plane during Infil.
- Fixed an issue causing the After Action Report from appearing correctly after a match.
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to get kicked out of the Backpack interface if looting an eliminated Player opponent that disconnected during the interaction.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from equipping Lethal and Tactical equipment.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to encounter the “Failed to Connect to Datacenters” error while extracting.
- Fixed an issue that caused lobby-wide microphone input during matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to keep Armor Plate Carrier upgrades between matches despite having been eliminated.
- Fixed an issue causing players to lose their Backpack upgrade when extracting after having been revived.
- Fixed an issue causing players to incorrectly extract their insured Weapon as a contraband Weapon.
And that's everything included in Patch 1.11 for Modern Warzone 2, Warzone 2, and DMZ. We're sure more patches will be incoming over the following weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for more details as they arrive.
- We also have a guide on how to get the Konig Skin in Modern Warfare 2.