Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Mine-Cart Shield: How to craft & ride
You'll likely be wanting to know how to craft the Mine-Cart shield in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, as it's proven quite popular across social media. Built using one of Link's new abilities in Tears of the Kingdom, Fuse, it allows you to create outrageous combinations like the Mine-Cart shield to help you not only during battle, but also when exploring the land of Hyrule.
The Mine-Cart shield highlights the game's fantastic traversal options, so buckle up as we teach you how to build and ride this fantastic item combination.
- Looking for some armour to match your new Mine-Cart shield? Why not check out where to find the Miner’s Armour in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom as well?
How to craft Mine-Cart Shield in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The earliest you can craft a Mine-Cart Shield in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is during the opening hours on the Great Sky Island.
As you progress, you’ll find a series of mine carts to ride the rails through caves and upwards to several smaller islands to explore. While the obvious thing would be to fuse a fan to them so you can ride the rails, there is a much more fun way to ride.
To craft the Mine Cart Shield you will need to:
- Press the L button on your Joy-Con to open the rune wheel.
- Select the Fuse ability (a sword icon) located at the bottom of the ability wheel.
- Point it in the direction of the mine cart and you’ll be given the option to fuse it to your shield.
- Press the prompted button and the mine cart will shrink and attach.
That's it! You'll now have your Mine-Cart itself ready to go.
- To get your hands on the Autobuild ability, and even get it early, check out our Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Autobuild guide.
Riding a Mine-Cart Shield in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Now that you have your Mine-Cart Shield, you’re going to want to ride it in style. Since it has shrunk, the Mine-Cart Shield is like having your own skateboard. To ride the Mine Cart Shield:
- First, you need to block as you normally would with the ZL button.
- Next, jump with the X button.
- While in the air, press A.
- Voilà! You now will start riding your Mine-Cart Shield.
It works best on the rails and down hills, but you can also jump while riding the Mine-Cart Shield too for some sweet tricks. Who knew Link would be giving Tony Hawk a run for his money?
That’s everything you need to know about crafting and riding the Mine Cart Shield in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. If you want to unfuse the cart from your shield then don't panic, be sure to read our complete guide on unfusing.
For more on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, keep checking back with GGRecon.