When Is The Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time?
Wondering when the Destiny 2 weekly reset time is? Destiny has always adhered to a weekly turnaround for its various challenges and events, which can affect how fiercely players attack them. Whether you are trying to squeeze tasks in before the reset or waiting around for more stuff to do, the Destiny 2 weekly reset time is something you should always have knowledge of if you want to make the most of your time with the game. With that said, let's jump into answering the when is the Destiny 2 weekly reset time question.
- Alongside this week's reset, Destiny 2 The Dawning launched, bringing Christmas cheer to this online shooter.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time: Why Is There A Weekly Reset?
If you are new to Destiny 2, you may be wondering why there is a Destiny 2 weekly reset at all. As is the case with most live service games, developers are constantly looking for new ways to keep players playing, just as much as players are always looking for reasons to keep playing. Unfortunately, developers can't bash out massive expansions every other week, and that's where the Destiny 2 weekly reset time comes in.
Guardians will be tasked with taking on a range of weekly challenges, which will reward levels of currency, armour and so on. This is part of the loot grind, as players eagerly inch their way to max light level. The Destiny 2 weekly reset time is also a way for events like Iron Banner to launch and conclude their limited time in the game, and for Vendors to restock their supplies.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time: When Is The Weekly Reset?
Ever since the original game launched, the Destiny 2 weekly reset has always taken place on a Tuesday. Specifically the Destiny 2 weekly reset time is 5PM UTC, meaning that over in America you can get started in the new week at 9AM PT and 12PM ET. This sadly means that players in far more eastern time zones like Australia will have to wait until the early hours of Wednesday.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset: What Exactly Does It Reset?
While we have covered the generals of what is reset during the Destiny 2 weekly reset, you may be wondering the exact things within the game that are affected by the resets. Here's a list of everything that is reset with the Destiny 2 weekly reset:
- Astral Alignment completion challenge
- Clan rewards Clan XP challenge
- Crucible Rotator playlist mode
- Crucible match completion challenge
- Crucible competitive round completion challenge
- Deep Stone Crypt raid completion challenge
- Dreaming City: Curse strength, Petra location, Ascendant Challenge, weekly missions, and Blind Well final boss
- Empire Hunt quest completion challenge
- Empire Hunt master difficulty completion challenge
- Europa Eclipsed Zone
- Europa Bounty challenges
- Eververse stock refresh
- Gambit match completion challenge
- Harbinger completion challenge
- Live-Fire Exercises Crucible bounty challenges
- Legacy seasonal challenges
- Moon: Nightmare hunts, Wandering Nightmare, and Moon Trove Guardian location
- More Seasonal Challenges
- Nightfall 100,000 score challenge
- Nightfall completion challenge
- New Season story quests (not always available)
- Playlist Strike modifiers
- Presage completion challenge
- Prophecy Dungeon completion challenge
- Saint-14 Trials of Osiris match wins challenge
- Shady Schemes Gambit bounty challenge
- Shattered Realm defeat Champions challenge
- Trials of Osiris rounds wins challenge
- Vanguard Service Strike bounty challenge
- Wayfinder's Compass bounty challenge
- Weekly Nightfall Strike
- Weekly Playlight Strike challenge
- Weekly Clan activity rewards
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset: Daily Resets
On top of the Destiny 2 weekly reset, there is also a daily reset, which works through its own set of challenge, bounty and stock rotation. Here's everything changed with the Destiny 2 daily reset:
- Vendor bounties
- Vendor Stock
- Material Conversions
- Legend and Master Lost Sectors
- Eververse daily discounted items
Lastly Trials of Osiris and the Destiny 2 Xur locations are updated every Friday, with both remaining until Tuesday for the next weekly reset.
That's everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 weekly reset to be sure you are making the most out of your time. In the meantime, why not check out our Destiny 2 Magnum Opus and Destiny 2 strange key guides.