NBA 2K24 best Jumpshots for every build: Best beginner Jumpshots
Finding out the best Jumpshots for your build in NBA 2K24 will go a long way to getting you started in the game, especially for beginners. A Jumpshot is exactly what is said on the tin, but will act as one of the most dangerous shots in your arsenal.
The game has a variety of different shots on offer for players to use when building their players in MyPlayer. Different builds will need a different type of Jumpshot so it works in line with their stats.
Here are all of the best Jumpshots for each build, including what settings are best so you can really optimise the shot.
- All you need to know about whether or not 2K24 has crossplay
Best settings for Jumpshots in NBA 2K24
One way you can ensure your Jumpshot is even more effective is by tinkering with the settings for your shots. Here are the best settings in the game for Jumpshots:
- Vibration: On
- Shot Timing: Shots and Layups
- Free Throw Timing: User Timing
- Jump Shots Meter: Off (if you’re new turn it on, but once you’re used to it you have a 20% higher chance of hitting green with it off)
- Shot Timing Visual Cue: Set Point
- Layup Meter: On
- Free Throw Meter: On
- Shot Maker Input Type: All
When it comes to the Shot Timing Visual Cue, it would be best to have a tinker with what suits you best as they are all very effective but will just depend on your preference. There is no effect on Jumpshot speed. The four options are listed below and we have added their timings for you too:
- Jump = Very early
- Set Point = Early
- Push = Late
- Release = Very Late
- All you need to know about fixing the NBA 2K24 error code 4b538e50
Best Jumpshots in NBA 2K4 for every build
We have gone for a nice happy medium to begin with, not too big or not too small - a great place to start for anyone coming to the game for the first time. This build will be a surefire way to get you feeling more confident before leaning into a more specialist size as we have listed below.
Best starter build Jumpshot/ 6’5” - 6’9”
- Base: JT Thor
- Upper Release: Tobias Harris
- Upper Release 2: Dante Exum
- Blending & Release Speed: Tobias Harris 75% / Dante Exum 25%
Best Jumpshot under 6’4” & under
- Base: Kevin Porter Jr.
- Upper Release: Oscar Robertson
- Upper Release 2: Oscar Robertson
- Blending & Release Speed: 50% / 50%
Best Jumpshot for 6’10” & over
- Base: Danilo Gallinari.
- Upper Release: Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- Upper Release 2: Giannis Antetokounmpo.
- Blending & Release Speed: 50%/50%.
As the game progresses, patches release and the meta shifts, we will keep this updated, but for now, the above is all you will need for Jumpshots in NBA 2K24.