FM22 Real Name Fix: How To Get Real Club Names
The FM22 real name fix is crucial if you want to ensure every team, competition, player, and more is named correctly in your career. Football Manager 2022 runs into some problems with licensing, which is easily spotted when it comes to Man UFC and Zebre instead of Manchester United and Juventus respectively. They're not the only two incorrect names in the game though, but if you want to employ the FM22 real name fix, you've come to the right place.
- Our FM22 wonderkids guide has all of the youngsters you need to buy to kick off your long-term career
FM22 Real Name Fix: Which Names Are Wrong?
In Football Manager 2022, some teams, competitions, awards, cities, stadiums, and more, are wrong. For example, along with the two examples mentioned above, the Champions League (Euro Cup), Europa League (Euro Vase), and Premier League (Premier Division) have fake names, as do all the Brazilian clubs.
The FM22 real name fix will correct:
- Team Names
- League Names
- Stadium Names
- National Teams
FM22 Real Name Fix: How To Install
- Close your Football Manager game
- Head over to FMScout and download their real name fix files
- Head over to your FM files:
Windows - \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2022\data\database\db\2201\
Mac - /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2022/database/data/db/2201/
Windows - \Program Files\Epic Games\FootballManager2022\data\database\db\2201\
Mac - /Users/Shared/Epic Games/FootballManager2022/database/data/db/2201/
- Enter the dbc folder, then go into permanent
- To remove Juventus being named ‘Zebre’, delete the files ‘zebra award.dbc’ & ‘zebra turin fake staff.dbc’
- To fix Brazilian teams being renamed, delete the files ‘Licensing2.dbc’, ‘Licensing2_chn.dbc’ ‘brazil_kits.dbc’, and ‘forbidden names.dbc’
- Go back into the \2201\ folder, go into ‘Inc’, then ‘all’, and delete all files in this folder.
- Extract the rar file that was downloaded, and copy the ‘Fm22 Club Names’ and Fm22 Fix’ files, and move them into the ‘all’ folder.
With this, you can start your FM22 game with the luxury of having real team and competition names.
Will this fix apply to my existing game?
Yes, it will, you won't need to restart your save game, except in the case of Juventus and the Brazilian clubs. The FMScout page has more information on why this is the case.