Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time: When Is The Destiny 2 Weekly Reset?
The Destiny 2 weekly reset time is an important time for all regular players of the game. Destiny 2 refreshes most of its content on a weekly basis, meaning new chances to unlock loot and level up. Tuesday is Destiny night for most fans, eager to complete some raids and earn themselves some god rolls. For all the details on how the weekly reset works and when it happens, here is our guide to the Destiny 2 weekly reset time.
- If you haven't grabbed the latest expansion to Destiny 2, check out our thoughts in our Destiny 2 The Witch Queen review.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time: Why Is There A Weekly Reset?
If you're new to Destiny 2, you may be wondering why there is a Destiny 2 weekly reset at all. As is the case with most live service games, developers are constantly looking for new ways to keep players playing, just as much as players are always looking for reasons to keep playing. Unfortunately, developers can't bash out massive expansions every other week, and that's where the Destiny 2 weekly reset time comes in.
Guardians will be tasked with taking on a range of weekly challenges, which will reward levels of currency, armour and so on. This is part of the loot grind, as players eagerly inch their way to the max light level. The Destiny 2 weekly reset time is also a way for events like Iron Banner to launch and conclude their limited time in the game, and for Vendors to restock their supplies.
- Another big change to Destiny 2 has been the revamp of all Void subclasses. To learn about how they work, check out Destiny 2 Void 3.0 explained.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Time: When Is The Weekly Reset?
Ever since the original game launched, the Destiny 2 weekly reset has always taken place on a Tuesday. Specifically, the Destiny 2 weekly reset time is 5 PM UTC, meaning that over in America you can get started in the new week at 9 AM PT and 12 PM ET, and in the UK the reset is at 6 PM during daylight savings. This sadly means that players in far more eastern time zones like Australia will have to wait until the early hours of Wednesday to get to grinding.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset: What Exactly Does It Reset?
We have gone over the basics of what the weekly reset is, so you may be wondering what exactly changes at each reset. Here's a list of everything that is refreshed with the Destiny 2 weekly reset:
- Astral Alignment completion challenge
- Clan rewards Clan XP challenge
- Crucible Rotator playlist mode
- Crucible match completion challenge
- Crucible competitive round completion challenge
- Deep Stone Crypt raid completion challenge
- Dreaming City: Curse strength, Petra location, Ascendant Challenge, weekly missions, and Blind Well final boss.
- Empire Hunt quest completion challenge
- Empire Hunt master difficulty completion challenge
- Europa Eclipsed Zone
- Europa Bounty challenges
- Eververse stock refresh
- Gambit match completion challenge
- Live-Fire Exercises Crucible bounty challenges
- Legacy seasonal challenges
- Moon: Nightmare hunts, Wandering Nightmare, and Moon Trove Guardian location
- More Seasonal Challenges
- Nightfall 100,000 score challenge
- Nightfall completion challenge
- New Season story quests (not always available)
- Playlist Strike modifiers
- Prophecy Dungeon completion challenge
- Saint-14 Trials of Osiris match wins challenge
- Shady Schemes Gambit bounty challenge
- Trials of Osiris rounds wins challenge
- Vanguard Service Strike bounty challenge
- Wayfinder's Compass bounty challenge
- Weekly Nightfall Strike
- Weekly Playlight Strike challenge
- Weekly Clan activity rewards
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset: Daily Resets
On top of the Destiny 2 weekly reset, there is also a daily reset, which works through its own set of challenges, bounty and stock rotation. Here's everything that changes with the Destiny 2 daily reset:
- Vendor bounties
- Vendor Stock
- Material Conversions
- Legend and Master Lost Sector
- Eververse daily discounted items
Lastly, Trials of Osiris and the Destiny 2 Xur location are updated every Friday, with both remaining until Tuesday for the next weekly reset.
That's everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 weekly reset to be sure you are making the most out of your time. In the meantime, why not check out our Destiny 2 Magnum Opus exotic weapon guide.