Best Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid Build
The best Baldur's Gate 3 Druid build comes in a class that focuses on the manipulation of natural magic as well as granting you the ability to transform into a number of animals. Druids are versatile but they lean more towards being a support-class in Baldur's Gate 3. With access to a number of healing spells and abilities to control the battlefield, the Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid is a powerful class that has the ability to change the outcome of a whole encounter thanks to their unique features.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid Character Creation
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid is built around the themes of natural magic and a primordial connection to the natural world. Whether they’re calling upon the elemental forces of nature or emulating the creatures of the animal world, druids are an embodiment of nature's resilience, cunning, and fury.
Whilst they claim no mastery over nature, they do see themselves as extensions of nature's will. Although they play similarly to the other mages among the Baldur’s Gate 3 classes.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid Subclasses
There are two subclasses to choose from for the Baldur’s Gater 3 Druid. Moon or Land Druid, each with different abilities and areas of focus.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid - Moon Circle
As a Moon Druid, you’ll have access to the same Wild Shapes as your regular Druid would, but you also get access to Combat Wild Shape. Moon Druids put more emphasis on their abilities to Wild Shape and using the forms of different beasts to help you in an encounter.
- Combat Wild Shape: As a Bonus Action, you can assume the form of a beast. You may transform twice per short rest.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid - Land Circle
Land Druids, focuses your abilities into your spellcasting and using spells rather than Wild Shapes. You still have access to Wild Shapes, but they will cost you an Action rather than a Bonus Action.
- Wild Shape: As an action, you can assume the form of a beast. You may transform twice per short rest.
- Natural Recovery: Once per day out of combat, you can replenish expended spell slots.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid Wild Shapes
What makes Druids special and stand out from other mages is their ability to transform into an animal. Each of which is tailored for various situations. Whether it’s a combat scenario or perhaps simply acting as a distraction for your allies.
- Cat: Take the shape of a cat that can avoid attention or distract enemies.
- Badger: Take the shape of a giant badger that can burrow into the ground.
- Bear: Take the shape of a polar bear that can goad enemies into attacking it.
- Wolf: Take the shape of a dire wolf that can increase its allie's movement speed and leave its enemies by guaranteeing a critical strike.
- Spider: Take the shape of a giant spider that can enweb enemies.
- Dire Raven: Take the shape of a dire raven that can avoid attention and Blind enemies.
- Deep Rothé: Take the shape of a deep rothé that can casts dancing lights and charge its enemies.
Best Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid Build
With all this in mind, what makes for the best Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid? Well first of all you’ll want to choose the right race, so as to buff your stats from the get-go. Druids use Wisdom as their primary stat, after which it’s recommended you increase your Constitution. Here are the best races to choose for a Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid build.
- Human: +1 to all stats.
- Gold Dwarf: +2 Con and +1 Wisdom.
- Wood Elf: +2 Dex and +1 Wisdom.
Once you’ve chosen your race, select the Hermit background. Now you’ll have to choose between Land and Moon Druid. Druids are one of the few classes where both subclasses are equally powerful, it’s just a matter of preference. If you plan to make the most of the Wild Shape, then you’ll want to choose Moon Druid, but if you’re planning on focusing on the Druid spells, you’ll want to choose Land Druid.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Best Druid Spells
Although Druids have access to one of the biggest spell lists next to Wizards, these are the spells we think a Druid can’t go without:
That’s it for our Baldur’s Gate 3 Druid guide. As the game progresses more in its development and we near the Baldur’s Gate 3 full release, the Baldur’s Gate 3 Max Level will also increase, and with it will come more spells, more races and more abilities for all the various classes.