Is the controller era coming to an end?
Epic Games has officially stopped releasing patch notes with each update. But don’t worry — that’s why we’re here.
Chapter 2 - Season 2 is nearing its final days. With the FNCS Invitational Grand Finals occurring this weekend, Epic decided to take a modest approach to v12.60. Patch v12.60 is surprisingly inconsequential. Expect the more high-octane updates to surface in the next week or two. For now, check out everything new with Patch v12.60 below:
- Helicopters produce less noise
- No new weapons or items were added in Patch v12.60
- No new locations or POIs were added in Patch v12.60
- Spy Games LTM
- Operation: Infiltration is the newest Spy Games playlist and will arrive after the update at 9 AM ET. Extract the Intel Case from the defending team’s turf or prevent your case from reaching the invading team’s destination.
- Party Royale
- Grappler added
- Jetpack added
- Updates to existing attractions
- Squads Limited Testing
- Some Chapter 1 Season 9 assets are now available
- Dynamic Resolution for iOS
- For iOS players, there’s a new opt-in feature to help you reach your targeted framerate. Dynamic Resolution adjusts the game's resolution automatically to maintain this targeted framerate. Dynamic Resolution can be turned on or off in the Video Settings menu on iOS.
- New Tutorial Image for HUD Layouts
- Button Size and Touch Zone Size
- Visualize Sound Effects
- The Visualize Sound Effects setting is available under the audio settings tab. This means you can now turn off footsteps and other indicators on mobile.
- Dragoncorn glider re-enabled in competitive playlists
- Free refunds will be granted upon request up until June 19, 2020
- Riot Control Baton Pickaxe re-enabled
Read More - Fortnite SBMM Has Finally Been Removed
Another Controller Nerf?
Epic Games has struggled to find a middle ground between input devices. Controllers and aim assist have been receiving adjustments for months as the playerbase continues to voice their frustrations. Despite this, aim assist is as strong as ever. It sounds like a third controller nerf is on the horizon.
In a statement to Fortnite Creators, Epic Games wrote, “controller tweaking, tuning, and the investigation continues. We have some changes for the next steps, but we don't want to release right before the FNCS Invitational Finals.”
The controller era may be coming to an end. Numerous adjustments have already been made to aim-assist but nothing has stuck. We’ll see how drastic these new tweaks are in the coming weeks.
Doomsday is Imminent
The end is near. Leaked game files show that a countdown timer will soon be appearing above the agency. This further backs the theories of a Doomsday event.
With every new patch comes a plethora of brand new, unreleased cosmetics. For a complete list of all the leaked cosmetics in Patch v12.60, click here.
There you have it. Everything Fortnite fans can expect to find in Patch v12.60. Stay tuned here @GGRecon for more Fortnite news, updates and tips.
Images via Epic Games