Dead Space 2 is quietly being killed off by EA
Dead Space 2, Crysis 3 and Dantes Inferno are the latest in the list of games EA is closing the online servers for by the end of 2023.
As it stands, there are 12 titles that will no longer be playable online by the end of December this year.
Which game servers are closing down and when?
There are 12 EA games that will have their servers shut down by the end of the year. Some of the games on the chopping block are backwards compatible, meaning people who have only recently purchased them on newer consoles only have a few months to enjoy their online features.
- Crysis 3’s servers will close on 7 September
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14’s servers will close on 10 October
- Restaurant DASH: Gordon Ramsay’s servers will close on 30 October
- FIFA 18’s servers will close on 6 November
- FIFA 19’s servers will close on 6 November
- FIFA 20’s servers will close on 6 November
- FIFA 21’s servers will close on 6 November
- Battlefield 1943’s servers will close on 8 December
- Battlefield Bad Company’s servers will close on 8 December
- Battlefield Bad Company 2’s servers will close on 8 December
- Dante’s Inferno’s servers will close on 8 December
- Dead Space 2’s servers will close on 8 December
While games like Dead Space 2 may see the return of their popular multiplayer gameplay in future remakes, it is likely that some will be lost forever.
The multiplayer elements of Crysis 3, for example, are likely lost to time as the 2022 remaster is exclusively singleplayer.
This year has already seen the loss of several games
2023 has already seen the loss of several games ranging from indie titles to much bigger studio hits.
The Nintendo Switch port for the popular game Paladins stopped being available on 19 April, Friday the 13th is being delisted at the end of December with server support only guarenteed until the end of 2024, and Apex Legends Mobile was shut down in May.
Similarly, the closure of the Nintendo 3DS and WiiU eshops in March means that several digital exclusives are no longer obtainable.