The Sims 4 Spiral Staircase Mod: How To Download And Use
The Sims 4 community have been requesting spiral staircases in their games for a long time. Although a feature in The Sims 3, The Sims 4 has not added them yet and has not revealed any potential plans to do so. With the unexpected arrival of curved walls, it may not be beyond hope. In the meantime, however, modder thepancake1 has created a spiral staircase mod. Read here for information on the mod and how to get it yourself.
- For more Sims 4 mods, check out our Sims 4 more columns mod which adds an extra column into the create-a-sim menu.
The Sims 4 Spiral Staircase Mod
The mod currently has the option of two types of staircases, one metal and one wooden with various colour swatches.
Sims of all ages can climb the spiral staircases but pets cannot, modder thepancake1 promises to add this feature at a later date. Toddlers will teleport up the stairs as the modder also needs to add in the animation for them. So far, every other life stage has a functioning animation of climbing spiral stairs.
If you wish to download the mod and try it out for yourself you can support thepancake1 on their Patreon here.
Patreon supporters will get the mod first, if you would rather wait and get it for free the mod is released to the rest of the community on October 17th.
The Sims 4 Spiral Staircase Mod: How To Download
To install the mod in your game, download it off the Patreon page and then follow these next steps:
- Open the folder in your downloads and unzip the files.
- Copy the files into your sim mods folder and choose which ones you want to include, see above for details on what is included in each file pack.
- Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
- Launch The Sims 4
- Enable script mods in your game
- Options > Game Options > Other > tick the 'Enable Script Mods' checkbox
- Re-launch the game
- You can also check out our guide to the Sims 4 best trait mods which expand the traits system and add more to your game.
The Sims 4 Spiral Staircase Mod: How To Use
Once you have the mod in your game simply enter the build and buy menu and type 'spiral' into the search bar.
This will bring up your two spiral staircase options and a 'spiral staircase cut-out' this is an allocated shape that you must place in the location you plan to also place your staircase. The cut-out essentially paths the route your sims will walk. This means you should rotate it at the angle you want the sims to walk to avoid any animation fails.
- For more Sims 4 mods, check out our guide to The Sims 4 MC Command Centre mod which overhauls neighbourhood stories and enables Sim townies to make life decisions autonomously.