Pokemon GO Fest 2021: Full List Of Activities
Pokemon GO Fest is just around the corner! After the company's event to coincide with Pokemon GO's fifth anniversary, this weekend will see the celebration of Niantic’s cultural phenomenon that brings an incredible wealth of goodies to the game that’ll help you catch some exclusive Pokemon and stock up on items you’ll need to do so.
But what exactly is coming to Pokemon GO with the arrival of the festival? Here’s everything coming to the game this weekend…
Everything Free Coming To Pokemon GO Fest
There’s a lot to come for ticket holders of Pokemon GO Fest, but there’s also a few changes coming for players who haven’t even bought one. Here’s everything that’s completely free, coming to the game:
- A special costumed Pikachu will sometimes appear in the wild.
- Four rotating habitats are coming on Saturday, with new visual effects and themed wild Pokemon.
- All of the lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- There will be extra raids and field research tasks.
- Hatch distance when eggs are placed in an incubator will be slashed in half, and some event Pokemon will appear in 7k eggs.
- Trainer photos will be featured in the Today View.
- New on-map background music can be heard from Junichi Masuda, the Pokemon music producer.
Everything Coming To Pokemon GO Fest With A Ticket
And here’s everything you’ll also bag if you’ve paid for a ticket to the event:
- An event-exclusive special research story that rewards players with items and Pokemon encounters, including Meloetta, Pikachu Rock Star and Pikachu Pop Star.
- Early access to the Meloetta encounter.
- Participation in the Global Challenge Arena.
- Collection challenges themed to Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach and Cave habitats.
- Special Pokemon will be attracted to incense during the event like Unown F, Unown G, Chatot, Throh, Sawk and more.
- A higher chance of encountering certain Shiny Pokemon during Saturday’s event hours.
- An event-exclusive avatar pose and in-game medal.
- Surprise encounters after snapshots on both event days.
- Themed event stickers at PokeStops and from gifts.
- An extra 10,000 XP in raid rewards from every raid completed on Sunday.
- Access to timed research on Sunday, rewarding up to eight remote raid passes.
- A free bundle containing three remote raid passes, from the in-app shop on Sunday.
- The chance to earn 10 free raid passes from gyms on Sunday.
- Over 5,000 PokeCoins’ worth of items from ticket-exclusive bundles, bonuses and research rewards.
That’s everything coming to the game in this new event! Get to playing, and we’ll see you on the streets this weekend!