How To Mute Other Players In MW2
We've all had a bad experience in Modern Warfare 2 voice chat, which is why it's important to know how you can mute other players. The Call of Duty Modern Warfare games are infamous for having some of the most toxic voice chat lobbies out there, despite best efforts from Activision to make it a more calm space. Regardless, it's a very simple process to mute other players in Modern Warfare 2. Keep reading our guide to learn more.
How To Mute Other Players In Modern Warfare 2
There are actually two methods you can use to mute other players in Modern Warfare 2. The first method is universal, which means once you set the option in the settings menu, you'll never have to mute another mic again.
First, head to the settings menu and look for the 'Audio' tab. Then scroll down until you see a subheading that reads 'Voice Chat'. Here, you'll see an option that defaults voice chat to 'On'. However, if you press this option, you'll see there are actually four settings to choose from. Here is what they all do:
- On - Everyone in the voice chat can be heard
- Off - Everyone is muted including yourself
- Mute Everyone Except Party - All your party members can be heard. All other players are muted. You can manually unmute individual players other than the ones in your party during a match
- Mute Everyone Except Friends - All your friends can be heard. All other players are muted. You can manually unmute individual players other than your friends during a match.
You can use these descriptions to determine which option is best for your scenario. However, if you want to eradicate voice chat from Modern Warfare 2 entirely, then you'll need to set this option to 'Off'.
- If you're looking for how to slide cancel in Modern Warfare 2, we've figured out how to do it.
The other way you can mute players is when you enter a new match. Upon starting a new Call of Duty match, open up the scoreboard by pressing either 'Select' or 'Tab'. Then, you should see a button prompt at the bottom of the scoreboard to mute all players. Press this corresponding button to mute everyone in the entire lobby. You will need to repeat this action for every new lobby that you enter.
That's how to mute other players in Modern Warfare 2. For more guides, keep reading GGRecon.