LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga Challenges List: How To Beat Every Challenge
Completing the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga challenges are just one of the many steps needed to take when trying to do everything the galaxy has to offer and with 135 challenges spread across nine campaigns and 45 levels… It can be a daunting task to beat them all in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. That’s why we’ve written a comprehensive list of every single level challenge in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and what it takes to do them all.
- Looking for some cheats and extras to make your quest a little more exciting? Check out our guide on finding all of the LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga datacards.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges Explained
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is quite different from many of the classic LEGO Star Wars games we’ve come to cherish. The main difference, however, is in how each campaign is structured and laid out. In the older games such as 2007’s LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, a campaign consisted of six linear levels re-telling the story of each Star Wars movie, stitched together with cutscenes to fill in the gaps.
The Skywalker Saga does things a little bit differently, however, adding open-world segments to the mix to create a more varied gameplay experience. These open-world levels will often have their own objectives and small challenges to do but for this guide we are only talking about the challenges present in the traditional linear levels.
Each linear level has three challenges for you to complete while playing and finishing all of them will grant the player one kyber crystal that can be spent on the various upgrades the game has to offer. Challenges are usually themed to the level you are in, with names and objectives that are puns/references to the movies themselves.
While you don’t have to beat all of the challenges in one attempt, the game doesn't actually reveal to you what the challenges are until you beat them so it's really easy to miss them all while playing. To fix that and make your life a little bit easier, here are all 135 challenges in episodic order.
- Want to unlock all of the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga characters? Our guide has the full list.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
A Bigger Fish
- Dis is Nutsen - Dodge three of the Opee Sea Killer’s attacks in a row. The Opee Sea Killer is the second fish you’ll run from in the level after it eats the first one. Watch out for the button prompts on screen for you to dodge its attacks.
- Dodge Every Fin - Very similar to the first challenge but requires you to dodge every attack from the Opee Sea Killer and to take it down without being hit.
- Colo Snore Fish - This one is a little trickier as it requires you to dodge three attacks of the Colo Claw Fish, the first fish at the start of the level. While the attacks are fairly simple to dodge, you’re on a time limit as the Opee Sea Killer eats it early into the level.
The Boonta Eve Classic
- Eat My Exhaust - Beat the lap time record for the track so hitting as many boost pads and as few obstacles as possible is a necessity.
- It’s SKYWALKER! - On lap three of the race, make sure you use the ramp located to the right hand side of the track before the area with all the archways
- Take Over - Use three boost pads in one lap. This should be a relatively easy one if you’re going for the other challenges simultaneously.
Better Call Maul
- Complete Maul-ing - Beat Darth Maul in under 10 minutes. Not the easiest challenge in the world but if you focus solely on Maul, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
- Forced Out - Push five droids off the edges by picking them up with the force and throwing them off the sides.
- Odds Stacked In Your Favour - Towards the end of the level, Darth Maul will block you from moving forward by breaking a part of the floor and electrifying it. To complete this challenge, grab one of the boxes to the right and use it to double jump across the hazard, skipping the puzzle.
Outmanned But Not Out-Gungan-ed
- Boom Shakalaka! - During the section where you’re manning the catapult, destroy all AAT Tanks.
- Don’t Lose Your Head - Shoot off three droid heads while they invade the bubble shield. Close quarters would be best for this challenge to assist with aiming.
- Ouch Time! - This final takes place in the catapult segment again, requiring you to take out 300 droids with one explosion. Can be a little tricky to line up right but trying to aim for the centre of a large group should do the trick.
Now This is Podracing
- Prodigy - Shoot three Vulture Droids in five seconds. This may take a few attempts if you’re unlucky but try to fire on the vulture droids when they’re grouped closer together for better odds.
- Spinning… That’s a Good Trick! - Escape three enemy homing attacks by dodging. While flying around the open area, wait for enemies to lock onto you and as the indicator to dodge pops up at the bottom of the screen, tap either shoulder button to perform a barrel roll and dodge the attack.
- Yippeee! - Completely destroy the Droid Control Ship without being defeated.
- All the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga cheats can be found in our dedicated guide.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
A Wrestle with Wesell level challenges
- Jedi Need Insurance - Cause 70,000 Studs worth of damage before catching Wesell. Shooting breakable objects around the map is a good way to get this goal done quickly.
- Best Pilot in the Galaxy - This challenge requires you to defeat Zam Wesell without hitting anything with your vehicle.
- This is a Shortcut - Defeat Zam Wesell within four minutes. A pretty simple task, just keep concentrating your fire on her and you should be able to get it done no problem.
The Hunt for Jango
- Do an Aileron Roll! - Much like in the "Now This Is Podracing" level in Episode I: the Phantom Menace, this mission requires you to dodge enemy homing attacks three times by pressing either of the shoulder buttons to perform a barrel roll.
- Charged up - Finish the level without being hit by a seismic charge. This one can be a little tricky if you don’t notice them straight away so always try to be aware of your surroundings and where they’re dropped.
- Flying is for Droids - Find the largest tunnel in the level and fly through it without hitting anything.
Droid Factory Frenzy
- No Hanging Around - At a certain point during the level, Padmé will fall into one of the large pots and be trapped. The goal for this challenge is to free her within 30 seconds. The best way to do this is take control of R2D2 and sprint to where the astromech puzzle is and solve it, ignoring all enemies.
- Mind Control Drone - As Anakin, use the force to use the Jedi Mind Trick influence and fight other Geonosians
- Zipping Past Danger - While on the first conveyor belt as Anakin and Padmé, climb up the last crushing hazard and jump up some ledges and find a zipline to let you skip part of the level.
- In Their Heads! - While playing as one of the force using characters, use the Jedi Mind Trick influence to take control of one of the monsters and attack one of the others.
- Rumble in the Arena - In stage two of the level, you can ride the horned Reek. Trample over 20 droids with it to earn this challenge.
- Re-gifted - When Jango Fett fires a rocket at you, use the force on it to send it towards another enemy.
The Battle of the Jedi
- The Dark Side - Reach Count Dooku within five minutes.
- Bug Zapper - When going through the dark cave, you will be prompted to build something so you can continue. Build the light trap and you’ll get the challenge.
- Forcing Them Out - Pick up a Geonosian warrior and a battle droid with the force and throw them over the edge.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga scavenger abilities are stumping players, but our guide explains everything you need to know.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
Out for the Count
- Beep Boop Backup - This challenge requires returning to the level with freeplay. When starting the level, turn left and use a villain to unlock the door. When inside, use a protocol droid to activate the nearby turret and you’ll get the challenge
- Civil War - Use the same panel mentioned in the first challenge to activate a droideka and use it to attack one of the battle droids
- Wet Floor! - Towards the end of the level, you’ll come across a large pool of water. When a Droideka is standing in the pool water, use a scoundrel character to shoot the marked object, setting off a chain reaction and electrifying the enemy.
- Attack of the Droids - For this challenge, you need to take out five battle droids, four magna guards and five super battle droids without dying. The best time to do this is in the periods where Grievous is hiding from you so he doesn’t ruin your streak
- Sneak Attack - This challenge requires you to attempt the level of freeplay with a bounty hunter character. During the second time that Grievous hides from you, instead of heading directly to him, go around the area until you’re behind them then blast the gold block in your way and climb up to get the challenge
- Very Uncivilised - When the two magna guards come to attack you during the fight, make sure you defeat both of them using a blaster.
Droid Attack on the Wookiees
- Force Influence - Use the Jedi Mind Trick influence to take control of a clone trooper and use him to defeat another clone trooper.
- Frequent Flyer - When prompted, build the lifting device and follow that path instead of the main one. It will give you a zipline straight to the escape pod.
- Kashyyyk-a-boo! - At the end of the level before reaching the escape pod, hop into the empty AT-RT and take out three clone troopers as well as the other AT-RT.
- Dazzling Display - At the start of the fight with Palpatine use one of the spotlights to blind him.
- Heads Up - Also during the first part of the fight with Palpatine, jump onto the wall switch to drop a droid on his head.
- Return to Senate - Interrupt Palpatine’s spinning lightning attack and deflect it back at him by holding block with your lightsaber
The High Ground
- Let Him Eat Cake! - At the start of the level use the force to throw the cake trolly at Anakin
- Sneaking in - When you enter the first corridor instead of using the droids to open the way forward, go to the right and use a grapple character to sneak around
- Wider Awareness - At the start of the level, switch to R2D2 and complete the astromech puzzle while Anakin is standing on a vent. It will damage him and complete the challenge.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode IV: A New Hope
Boarding Party level challenges
- Sometimes I Amaze Myself - Use a blaster to shoot an explosive canister and defeat an enemy with the resulting explosion.
- I Suggest a New Strategy - Near the end of the level when trying to escape, you will encounter a protocol droid terminal. Use it to take control of the weapon inside of the room and defeat the enemies to complete the challenge.
- Vacuumed Up! - At one point during the level, you will be presented with a choice in what to build. Build the water cannon option and put out the fire. Then, at the end of the room activate the airlock to suck the troopers into space.
Hunk of Junk
- Absolute Scoundrel - At the very start of the level, use a scoundrel character to drop the walkway onto the stormtroopers, sealing them off.
- Don’t Get Cocky! - Use a GNK Power Droid to activate a hidden turret. Then take out three stormtroopers with it.
- Chewie, Get Us Out of Here! - When stormtroopers are entering from the upper level, use an astromech to solve the puzzle and seal the doors, blocking them off.
Best Leia’d Plans
- Boring Conversation Anyway - During the conversation with the imperial captain, break the console panel before he’s finished talking.
- Slight Weapons Malfunction - Use a scoundrel character's ability to take out the detention block guards.
- Your Weapon, You Will Not Need it - Get through the first floor without being detected. Don’t use any weapons or smash things while disguised/playing as a villain.
This is Some Rescue
- Bullseye - Rather than building a button to let Luke and Leia through, just shoot the button above the door instead.
- For Luck - This challenge requires the use of a bounty hunter and an astromech in freeplay. From the room where you take control of Luke and Leia, use a bounty hunter to shoot open the gold doors then follow the path and using and solve the astromech puzzle
- Special Edition - This requires the use of a bounty hunter in freeplay. Once you get the keycard from the imperial officer, use a bounty hunter to shoot the gold bars behind him to open the door and complete the challenge.
Stay on Target
- Clever Flying - In the final section with Darth Vader, wait for Vader to fully lock onto your ship then dodge at the last possible minute
- Hope That’s Insured - While doing the starting trench run, destroy 10 of the Death Star’s turrets
- That’s Not Going to Buff Out… - During the final fight with Vader, do a severe amount of damage to his ship. You can’t fully destroy the ship but just keep shooting until you see the challenge.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Hoth and Cold
- Avoid the Droid! - Shoot down five probe droids without being spotted
- Not a Probe-lem - Shoot down a probe droid without being spotted.
- Stylish Way Down - Find and use all five zipwires hidden across the map. Each tower has a zipline down from the top with the third having another one after firing the cannon and the fifth one being an alternate way across the chasm also by the third tower.
Assault on Echo Base
- AT-ATrick - Fly between the legs of an AT-AT in the final stage of the mission
- Show Off! - Trip up all four AT-ATs without the tow-cable breaking once. You don’t need to hit all the targets that appear but you need to stay close to the AT-AT
- Rogue Squadron, Form Up! - Complete the level without being defeated.
Never Tell Me the Odds
- Asteroid Evasion - Avoid contact with the asteroids during the asteroid chase.
- Proton Power - Use proton torpedoes to destroy five TIE Fighters. Best approach to this is to focus solely on the TIE Fighters before moving onto the Star Destroyers
- Take Evasive Action! - Finish the encounter with the Star Destroyer without being defeated.
- You want to make that move? - To the east of where you start, there is a T-shaped hallway with a couple of Imperial boxes. Destroy them and build a distraction.
- Hello, What Have We Here? - Discover and loot an Empire Weapon Cache as a disguised Rebel. Pick up the pieces of Stormtrooper armour then find the weapon cache in area with all the prisoners
- Surprise! - Trigger the secret defences on the Landing Pad. Ride the GNK Power Droid into the power slot to activate the turret.
- Force Feedback - Force Throw three separate objects at Darth Vader. Recommend doing this early in the level where there are more items available
- Most Impressive - Complete the level in under 10 minutes. We recommend doing this challenge separate from the other two as it can be difficult to do everything at once.
- Ugnaught-y - Find all of the hidden Ugnaughts throughout the level. You will a bunch of them by just chasing Vader but be sure to lower the bridge after wall running to find a few washing the windows and the second time Vader hides in the room with all the locked doors, open up all the doors to find some more.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
A Plan to Save Han
- Don’t Blow Our Cover - Complete the Leia and Chewbacca area without being detected. No attacking or damaging objects/enemies.
- Learn the Droid’s Fate - Discover the fate of R2-D2 and C-3PO within Jabba’s Palace. Get the password from the Protocol droid terminal marked with a key on the map. Get the password for Jabba’s Palace Droid Pool Room. Go to the location on the map (marked with a lock) and open the door.
- Rancor-cussion - Pick up and throw five objects at the Rancor using The Force during the boss fight.
- Boba Fett? No Sweat! - Destroy one of Boba Fett’s rockets while it is still in the air.
- How Do YOU Like it? - Hit Boba Fett with a deflected bolt. Block using a lightsaber as he’s shooting at him.
- Trick Shot - Hit Boba Fett with a thrown lightsaber while he is in the air. Try to either aim ahead of Boba Fett when he's flying left and right or throw the saber as he's coming to a stop for your best odds at hitting him.
Endor the Line level challenges
- Dodge This! - When chasing the scout troopers on speeder bikes, fly through an AT-AT’s legs
- In-Fighting - Use the Jedi Mind Trick Influence to make a scout trooper fight his friends
- No Safe Place - In the starting area, shoot the generators scattered around the area, these will explode and take out some scout troopers with them, completing the challenge.
The Chewbacca Defence
- Ewok and Roll - In the final area with the AT-ST, blast the loose rocks on the right hand side of the area, making them collapse onto the stormtroopers.
- Helmet Drum Collection - During the first cover shooting section, land three headshots on the Stormtroopers, knocking off their helmets.
- Sweep the Legs - Trigger the log trap against the AT-ST. When prompted, build an Ewok horn to gain access to the right side of the forest. Mount the turret and shoot the logs to trip over the AT-ST
Fulfill Your Destiny
- I Will Not Fight You, Father - Make your way past Vader without being detected. Complete the first phase of the fight and after the stealth section begins, avoid Vader’s line of sight until a cutscene plays
- Let the Hate Flow Through You - Cause damage to one of Palpatine’s guards, by luring them into one of his attacks. The best way to achieve this challenge is to let one of Palpatine’s lightning attacks hit both you and the guard at the same time by standing in place and blocking the guard's attacks.
- There is No Conflict - Find the Empire Weapons Crate and use the weapons within it.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode VII: The Force Awakens
First Order of Business
- Hazardous Work Environment - Defeat enemies using hazards in the hangar bay. Shoot the white targets in the hangar at the end of the level to trigger two hazards.
- Party Time! - Trigger The Disco! One of the ways to achieve an access card
- Sneaking Mission - Discover the underground route into the hangar bay. There is a worker standing on a silver scissor lift. Throw a grenade at the lift and then use a grapple to pull the orange handle. There is an easy puzzle to solve with different coloured fuses, after which a new path opens. Follow the path through and you’ll get the challenge.
Low Flying Garbage
- Getting Pretty Good At This - Defeat three TIE Fighters in five seconds. Try to get them all close together for an easier time
- How Low Can You Go? - Lose or defeat an enemy by flying through various cylindrical bits of debris scattered across the levels. This may take a few tries.
- Not So Easy Without A Co-Pilot - Successfully evade a locked-on enemy bolt or missile.
Reap What You Solo
- The High Ground - After defeating the first Ranthar, solve the astromech puzzle now available and follow that patch until you find a warehouse. Go out onto the balcony and you’ll complete the challenge
- Rathtar Ruse - Defeat the second blocking Rathtar instead of bypassing it. Take your group up the elevator by pressing the button where the anti-Ranthar crate was. Follow the hallway and you’ll come across a second Ranthar. Switch to a scavenger character and use the scavenger ability breaker blaster to collapse the ceiling above the Ranthar
- Turret Takeover - After defeating the second Ranthar, the floor will collapse under you and you’ll eventually find yourself in a room with empty crates. Use the grapple to break a crate then rebuild it into a chair to take-over a turret on the floor above to blast away at the enemies surrounding it.
- Rey’s Escape - Discover Rey’s escape through Starkiller Base. Go down the long hallway on the west of the map and look out the large window to see Rey escaping her captors.
- Rug Pull - Find a way to blow up the sniper bridge. As a scoundrel, aim at the panel below the bridge to chain your shots together and destroy it.
- Snowed In - Find the location marked as a door on the west side of the map and use your grapple on the orange marker above it. This will shut the door, locking stormtroopers outside of the base.
- Heck Of A Pilot! - Break out of three enemy lock ons in the first area. Much like in previous challenges, wait until you see an enemy lock on to you and for the dodge indicator to pop up before evading the attack.
- Snow Joke - When fighting Kylo Ren, you will come across an area with a destroyed snowman. Build the snowman up then use a jedi character to throw the snowman at Kylo.
- Keeping a Cool Head - Shoot the helmets off five Snowtroopers. Quite simply hit headshots on snowtroopers so their helmets come flying off.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Ace Pilot - Complete the entire level without being defeated once.
- How’s My Shooting? - Destroy three TIE Fighters in five seconds. Much like in similar challenges across prior levels, try to get a group of TIE Fighters together to make switching targets more efficient.
- Return To Sender - Defeat three TIE Barons using Proton Torpedoes. When you gain access to the torpedoes, focus on the TIE Barons before attacking the Dreadnought
- Isn’t It Ironic? - Lock a guard in a cell. In one of the cells adjacent to the central area, there are a lot of breakable objects. Open the cell with the lever and break the stuff then build the decoy of Rose and Finn to lure in the guards to investigate before closing the cell again.
- Prison Break - Enter the guard room undetected. Use the decoy mentioned in challenge one as well as the guard statue to lure all the guards into the hallway then beat them all before they can sound the alarm.
- Guards Down - Defeat eight guards during the jailbreak. Simple enough, just don’t leave until eight guards are defeated.
No Smoke Without Fire
- You’re Embarrassing Me! - Have Kylo Ren restrain Rey three times. As Rey, attack stormtroopers until Kylo Ren gets annoyed and yanks at her cuffs
- Supreme Loser - Defeat all the Praetorian Guards within five minutes. This is a difficult challenge as you can’t change your characters and can’t use force abilities. They aren’t the toughest to beat but it may take a couple of times and is best done on a separate run from the other challenges so you can focus more.
- Total Destruction - Knock a Praetorian Guard down a shaft. Position yourself so a guard has their back turned to a shaft then try to keep hitting them and forcing them backwards until you knock them off the edge.
Chrome Dome Down
- Head’s Up, Chrome Dome! - Find a way to drop a TIE Interceptor on top of Captain Phasma. In the first area where you can drop the TIE Fighters on Phasma, wait for the TIE Interceptor to appear and shoot it down. The TIE Interceptor has four points on it’s wings instead of the regular square wings of a TIE Fighter.
- Phasma-tastic! - Inflict damage on Captain Phasma in nine unique ways. The first method involves shooting a TIE Interceptor off the conveyor belt above Phasma (The TIE Interceptor has the pointed wings instead of the square wings). The second method has you break boxes in the area before building a turret and shooting Phasma. The third method involves you riding the giant black explosive ball from the left of the platform to the catapult in-front of it. The fourth method involves using the villain terminal to make the TIE interceptor attack Phasma while she’s on the left platform. The fifth method involves using a turret and shooting Phasma. The sixth method involves throwing a grenade at the silver plating on the platform which will reveal some destructible parts. Shoot those parts to collapse the platform. The seventh method involves climbing up the scaffolding to the right of the platform and pulling the lever to activate a fan. The eighth method involves picking up the battery and inserting it to activate an AT-ST conveyor belt for you to shoot down on Phasma. Finally, the ninth method involves using the villain weapon cache, taking a weapon and shooting Phasma with it.
- Trouble Underfoot - Trample 10 Stormtroopers in the AT-ST.
- I Can Dig It - Punch your way through the crystal cave. Take the top path when given a forked path and destroy the glowing crates at the end. Build the boxing glove instead of the mining drill.
- Knock-Knock - Find the wind-up MSE droid to destroy the emergency doorway. When you get stuck on the bottom path of the fork, head up towards the ceiling and use the hero terminal before heading back down and build the pieces now there before using your grapple on it.
- Tight Squeeze - Discover a shortcut via a protocol terminal. Take the bottom path again and head up the stairway next to the digger to use the protocol droid terminal to be taken to another place. Grab the password, then go to the second protocol droid terminal to unlock the shortcut for everyone.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Level Challenges: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker
- Lock Off - Avoid being locked on three times in a row. Much like previous challenges, dodge the lock-ons from enemy TIE Fighters as they appear.
- Here Comes The BOOM! - Take out three enemies with Proton Torpedoes or Rockets. Best done when tasked with taking out TIE Fighters. Make sure to save your torpedoes and focus on each target long enough to lock on to them.
- Poe-etic Flying - Activate the Hyperdrive in time for all light speed jumps. Make sure you hit the quick time events correctly.
They Fly Now!
- When Treadspeeders Fly! - Destroy the airborne Treadspeeder. Wait until the troopers chasing you are airborne on their speeders and shoot them out of the sky.
- Never Underestimate A Droid - Hit a jet trooper with a powder canister as BB-8.
- Teamwork! - Shoot a Treadspeeder after making the driver dizzy with a powder canister.
- Be Rey-ly Quiet - Complete the level without being detected. Avoid being detected by all enemies. Avoid their marked line of sight fields while sneaking through.
- New Orders - Peacefully clear the main courtyard of Stormtroopers without raising the alarm. Make sure to avoid the spotlights and sneak attack the troopers from behind. A disguise would help
- Right In The Eye - Disable a UA-TT’s searchlight with a blaster.
The Strength To Do It
- Shocking! - Activate the dangerous electrical hazards to hurt Kylo Ren. Switch to BB-8 and solve the puzzle to activate the electricity trap. Best to have both Rey and Kylo Ren standing on the trap before activating to ensure they’re both shocked.
- Dark Lord Of The Surf - Lure Kylo Ren into the range of a crashing wave. This can be difficult to do and may take a few attempts but try to lure/force Kylo Ren into the red warning zone before the wave hits.
- Golden Opportunity - This challenge requires freeplay with a villain and a bounty hunter as well as the ability to grapple. Find a route through the Death Star without opening any doors. Once you enter the corridor keep scanning the right hand side for things to break. Eventually you will find a villain terminal to activate. Use it then use a bounty hunter to destroy the golden pipes before grappling up the Death Star.
Be With Me
- Explo-Sith - Use the environment to defeat Sith Troopers. When the first batch of Sith Troopers appear, use a Scoundrel to shoot the targetable object to the left and take out some of the troopers with it.
- Incoming - Don’t take any damage from the Sith TIE Fighters while riding Orbaks. Avoid all of their bombing run attempts.
- Shrug - Defeat the Knights of Ren as Ben Solo without dying.
Make sure you keep your eyes peeled on GGRecon for more Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga guides.